“Little slice of perfection!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cozumel
IslaMar Vacation Villas
Reviewed 13 December 2012

Overall: Wonderful! IslaMar is one of the cleanest places I've ever stayed at, and it has absolutely everything I need to feel right at home! It's so nice to stay in such a well appointed villa where I can make ice cubes, fresh coffee, prepare meals, etc. If I don't feel like cooking in the villa, their welcome book contains the best collection of restaurants and information I've seen. The villas themselves are safe, secure, well decorated, very spacious and comfortable. Beautiful plants surrounding the garden area always enhance my pool time experience. Zuri and Miguel are also very attentive and make sure everything is perfect and timely. This is a little slice of perfection without any of the commercialism!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank 1Caribdreamin

Reviewed 8 September 2012

Another outstanding stay--which has become routine for me at Islamar. The villas are quiet and comfortable, the grounds attractive and the staff friendly and helpful. Cozumel Insider also continues to offer among the best dive packages on the island. Definitely a good choice for someone looking for an alternative or new experience outside the hotel zone.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 April 2012

IslaMar is great for a short or long vacation. The Villa was well appointed with everything you need and beautifully decorated. If eating out you need to checkout some of the restaurant suggested in the Welcome Book and only a short walk from IslaMar. Miguel and Zuri took excellent care of us during our 3 month visit. The swimming pool was wonderful and maintained every day; there is an onsite free phone for local calls and Wi-Fi is free. It is walking distance to the waterfront so shopping is a simple walk and an opportunity to see the neighborhoods of Cozumel. The Villa's tropical gardens are full of colors and are well maintained; there was a bonus of 6 resident tortoises, and fireflies at night. If you truly want to enjoy your time in Cozumel make IslaMar your home and create memories that you will remember forever.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 March 2012

Islamar Unit #3 was a great place to call home. The unit was clean and spacious, with Zuri or Miguel ready to help at a moments notice. We spent many mornings on the balcony overlooking the pool. The other units were full, but we still felt like we had the place to ourselves. We all did come together for a BBQ cook-out one night, so it really felt like home. The unit is stocked with enough utensils and pots/pans to cook basic foods. I would love to see some bigger glasses, maybe even some margharita glasses! Very safe and located closely to good restaurants and markets. For the price, we love this place!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bluewaterbaby
Reviewed 21 February 2012

I had a great trip, staying at IslaMar Vacation Villas for one week in mid February, 2012. I stayed in Unit 1 - the studio apartment. Accommodations were very comfortable. The apartment was equipped with pretty much everything I needed for the week. The staff was incredibly helpful and nice. Zuri - the housekeeper - even loaned me money for a cab one day, when the driver would not accept my large bill. One day when I had a problem with the running water in my unit I made a call to the emergency maintenance line and someone came and fixed the issue within a matter of about 5 minutes. Now that's what I call service!
There were things about the place that on first impression I wasn't sure I would like. First of all it is quite far from the water front. But after the first day I found that it was a nice (and safe) walk in the morning to the dive boat, and then after the dives if I was tired, it was a cheap (25-30 pesos) and short cab ride back. The neighborhood noises were another issue. I didn't think I would be able to get used to them, but after a couple mornings, I came to actually enjoy the sounds of the roosters crowing. It's better than any alarm clock I've ever heard! And the gas trucks that drive through the neighborhood, playing their little advertisement song...well lets just say it must have grown on me, cause I caught myself humming that tune in the shower this morning.
There is a nice park, just west of the villas, where I watched a few children's soccer games. The spectators really get into it, even though it's just little kids playing. Sort of reminded me of small town USA highschool football! But more fun to watch, for me anyway.
I bought groceries at the MEGA and made almost all of my own meals at "home" (I was on a tight budget this trip.) The kitchenette was more than adequate for my needs...cooking for one, and all. I did eat two meals out and about. The first (and best) was at a place less than 1 block from IslaMar. It was called Pescadoria San Carlos. Amazing! That's all I can say. I will definitely be back to this restaurant in the future. My second splurge was Sunday brunch at the Museum. My breakfast was just ok. I expected a lot more from the write up in Sherri's book. Speaking of...
One of my favorite things about staying at IslaMar Vacation Villas was this handy book that was in my room when I checked in. It contained all kinds of information about the island and the neighborhood, as well as info about the villas themselves. There was of course info about how to connect to the wifi, phone numbers you might need or want, a very thorough restaurant guide, listed by neighborhood and price and a map.
I never used the pool but it looked very clean and I did see some of the other guests using it pretty much everyday I was there. It was just a bit chilly outside for me...but I'm kind of a weenie.
Overall it was a great stay and I got to see how people really live in San Miguel, which was a nice change from the touristy areas I've stayed in on past trips.
I hope to visit Cozumel and IslaMar Vacation Villas again in the near future.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 January 2012

Islamar was a great "base camp" for us to explore the island. Clean and nicely located close to town for walking to dinners etc. only complaint was wifi required a trip downstairs to poolside for access....they were even nice enough to provide us with goods for an amazing new yrs celebration! Would recommend for sure

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kirsten D
Reviewed 13 May 2011

We just returned from a spring vacation in Cozumel and we were ecstatic to return to Islamar Villas. Last fall the entire complex was remodeled and it was impressive, but after a few months of the garden growing back and Sherri being able to add some decorative touches to the inside of the villas the result is stunning. We are so at home there, and the staff is always available. Islamar is easy to reach from town or the airport and is centrally located to almost everything in town for easy walking. The compound is private and very quiet in the evening. Amazingly the prices haven't increased in many years, so this is a great value for your vacation dollar!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple