“Island living Mexican style” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of IslaMar Vacation Villas

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cozumel
IslaMar Vacation Villas
Chestermere, Alberta
“Island living Mexican style”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2013

This was the third leg of a four leg trip for my girlfriend and I in Mexico. It was everything that we were looking for! Off the beaten path, no downtown clatter and in the middle of the Mexican pueblo of San Miguel. We shopped at the local fresh fish and produce stores that were plentiful and within a short walk in any direction. We had everything we needed in the suite to be able to prepare our own meals as well as a grill in the courtyard to BBQ with some of the other guests. The owners, Sherri and Mauricio, looked after our every need personally, promptly and professionally. Zuri and Miguel, our on site hosts, were a pleasure to meet. They looked after our daily needs, Zuri entertained us with her humour and willingness to make our stay comfortable and help us with our Spanish! Miguel provided as many fridges as we needed ...hahaha!!! He dropped by on Sunday night to help, when he was obviously on his way out with his family! We also had the pleasure of going to Sherri and Mauricio's home at Palmar Beach Estate and Butterfly Sanctuary, which had amazing snorkeling right in front on Paradise Beach. They had inexpensive drinks and snacks and great stories of local life in Cozumel. Sherri's www.cozumelinsider.com website was very informative for all of our island needs. We thoroughly enjoyed their company and will definitely be back for a visit next year!!! Burke and Darcy

Room Tip: The main floor (suites 4 and 6) are the quietest
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
okc
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2013

I stayed a couple of nights at the villas before going to my usual resort. It was a nice change. I have many local freinds and being closer to them was nice., The place was very clean and beutifully decorated. I met some of the neighbors who i beleive had been there all winter from Maine. It was to cool for the pool, but it was very clean and i'm sure would feel great after a long hot day of diving. The beds were very comfortable and i enjoyed just opening the windows and let the breeze blow through. I would definately stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
Kent, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2013

We are NOT hotel people! We love to find a cozy place to call home on diving vacations, and that's exactly what we had at IslaMar. Clean, charming, comfortable, with other guests who felt like friendly neighbours, not strangers. We grilled many of our dinners down by the pool and ate out at Mister Taco (try the pastor tacos) and other nearby small restaurants on other nights. A 15-20 minute walk to town (totally safe) in the mornings brought us to our dive pick-up location (or short taxi ride when we were feeling lazy). Sherri took care of our diving arrangements so all we had to do was enjoy the water. Next time we come to Cozumel, this is where we'll stay!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
seattle
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2013

I just returned from a two week trip to Cozumel, staying at the IslaMar Villas. This was my fourth trip to Cozumel, and I was looking for something quiet and off the tourist track. I was very, very pleased with my experience here. From the great pre-trip communication with Sherri, to being personally met and greeted on arrival - right through the entire stay - it was great. As other reviews have noted, the place is immaculate, both the units and the property. The onsite team does everything possible to keep it that way, and to make you feel very welcome. I was also traveling alone for part of the trip, and hoped for a place where I could make connections with other guests. IslaMar was perfect for this - as many of the guests return year after year, and stay for weeks/months at a time. Everyone was extremely friendly with good advice about local spots. I was there over Carnival week, and it was great fun to watch the neighborhood prepare for the events - without being impacted by the noise closer to town. It is a bit of a walk to the waterfront, and you may wish to have some sort of transportation - even a bicycle would be great. But taxis are plentiful and cheap, and an onsite local phone is provided to facilitate those calls. Although the kitchen was a plus, there are so many local inexpensive places to eat with wonderful food - that I cooked less than I anticipated. Next time, I hope to stay longer!

Room Tip: I really enjoyed having an upper room with views over the rooftops and to enjoy the evening breeze.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank cindykru
Manhattan Beach, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2013

We stayed here over the holidays and were surprised to find this gem last minute. The owner, Sherri, was very helpful - as was Miguel, the manager on site. They both helped us arrange our diving with Dive Paradise, where Sherri used to be a dive master.

The location was great for finding non-touristy restaurants, and was a 30 minute hike into town for diving. We stayed in room #6, a one bedroom with a flat screen and kitchen. This was an easy choice for cost effective accommodations - we really enjoyed staying here!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank stuknclds
Mahahual, Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2012

Overall: Wonderful! IslaMar is one of the cleanest places I've ever stayed at, and it has absolutely everything I need to feel right at home! It's so nice to stay in such a well appointed villa where I can make ice cubes, fresh coffee, prepare meals, etc. If I don't feel like cooking in the villa, their welcome book contains the best collection of restaurants and information I've seen. The villas themselves are safe, secure, well decorated, very spacious and comfortable. Beautiful plants surrounding the garden area always enhance my pool time experience. Zuri and Miguel are also very attentive and make sure everything is perfect and timely. This is a little slice of perfection without any of the commercialism!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank 1Caribdreamin
Ashburn, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2012

Another outstanding stay--which has become routine for me at Islamar. The villas are quiet and comfortable, the grounds attractive and the staff friendly and helpful. Cozumel Insider also continues to offer among the best dive packages on the island. Definitely a good choice for someone looking for an alternative or new experience outside the hotel zone.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo