“Three wonderful months at Isla Mar Villas”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cozumel
IslaMar Vacation Villas
Portland
“Three wonderful months at Isla Mar Villas”
Reviewed 2 September 2013

This year we enjoyed three months at IslaMar Villas. We are returning visitors who have enjoyed visits to IslaMar for more than five years. We always look forward to returning to IslaMar, it is like returning home. Zuri and Miguel take excellent care of us as needed. One of these days, Art will shock Zuri and speak an entire sentence in Spanish to her, as Zuri has been trying to teach Art Spanish for over eight years. Sherri and Mauricio always stop by to check on each guest and make sure we all are enjoying our time at IslaMar. IslaMar is in conveniently located and in a nice neighborhood with a lovely park one block away. The neighborhood has many great restaurants walking distance from the Villas. There is an in-room guest book, which lists a variety of Island restaurants. There is free Internet and a guest telephone for local calls. The Villas are wonderfully maintained with all needed amenities. The beds provide a good night’s sleep so you’re energized for each new day’s activity. The swimming pool is maintained daily and the grounds are beautiful. You can relax in a hammock, read your book, and if you run out of books, there are extras in the commons area of the Villas. There is a good rinse tank if you have scuba or snorkel gear to rinse. IslaMar makes a wonderful kickoff point for each day’s activity. IslaMar is a great place to stay for a short or long visit. We suggest a long visit so you can see all the wonderful things the Island offers and if you stay long, enough you will become one of the regulars is IslaMar. We look forward to returning to IslaMar each year that we can!
Art and Pam

Room Tip: Each Villa is wonderful.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Pam B

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Inuvik, Northwest Territories, Canada
Reviewed 27 July 2013

What more could you ask for. I travel alone and look for smaller places where it is clean and quiet. I hate those all inclusive places where people seem to just sit around and drink at the pool. I came down for diving and the package with Dive Paradise and Isla mar Villas was a perfect fit. 15 dives over 5 days and a villa all to myself at a great price. I was out most of the time but always found my villa clean and the grounds wonderfully maintained when I was there. It is a 20 to 25 minute walk to the shops and stores down by the water front but I enjoy meeting the people that live where I am staying and had some great experiences with many locals I met each day on my walk. (Taxis were cheap but as I said I like the walk). The owner Sherri even drove me to the airport on the day I left. I definitely recommend Isla mar Villas to singles or couples who want to be part of the community and who want the freedom to experience Mexico for real.

Room Tip: I was in Villa 6 on the ground floor, pool, hot tub and dive gear rinse tank right out the door in t...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
4 Thank Greg M
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 13 May 2013

My boyfriend and I visited IslaMar, arriving Good Friday and leaving a week later. We had a fabulous time. I had been to Cozumel a couple of times many years ago and knew I did not want to stay at an all-inclusive this time. I did a lot of research before booking and we were very happy with the choice. The price was right at $69/night and combined with our deal of a flight ($440 return each, from Toronto), it was totally worth it. This little compound is a jewel in the middle of the city. It was lovely each day, after our outings, to walk through the gate and hang out by the pool and listen to the birds and the waterfall in the pool. The villas were very quiet and even though there were other people there, we felt like we had the place to ourselves. The units were spotless, the beds comfortable. There was a two burner stovetop, fridge, toaster oven and microwave, although we didn't really cook...too hot and too many good restaurants! The fridge was handy for drinks and leftovers. We really appreciated the information the owner, Sherri Davis left in the unit regarding restaurants and general island info. Her website is even more comprehensive and you can tell she loves this little island so much. Even if you don't stay here, the website is chock full of valuable tips: www.cozumelinsider.com We visited her beach club (PalMar) one day and enjoyed it immensely (it's right beside the Money Bar). She owns the beachfront there and the property directly across the street. The snorkelling there was fab! You can use her pool, loungers and shower for free, as long as you order a couple of beer and some chips and salsa or something. Zuri, the maid at IslaMar was lovely and friendly. I'm just sad I didn't know much Spanish, so I could chat a bit more with her. Miguel looked after meeting us at the place, giving us a tour and was kind enough to drive us to the airport at 6 am on the day we left. I don't think he had to do that, so we were very appreciative. The property is situated away from the waterfront, so we rented a car (at Rentadora Isis, great service!) and were able to park right on the street in front of the gate with no problemas! It was really interesting to have a place away from the tourist areas and be able to patronize the local businesses instead of handing our money to the all inclusives or cruises. We felt safe at all times and loved our stay and are already planning to come back.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Cndiangrrl
UK
Reviewed 16 April 2013

We stayed two nights here. The owner, Sherri Davis, is helpful in the extreme and gave me a lot of information before I even booked the stay there. I had already searched quite a lot of other properties and although it was a bit more expensive than other properties we decided on this one since a) there was parking b) it was secure c) there were restaurants nearby. I also felt that the owner neeed to be thanked for all the help she had given free. We were not disappointed. Exactly what we wanted - not a noisy beachfront condo or small room in a hotel. A large sitting room, double bed, bathroom, swimming pool, loungers. Would stay there again.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank 967Ian47
des moines, iowa usa
Reviewed 9 March 2013

Our ninth (?) year at Islmar. A person could never regret staying at IslaMar. It is safe, comfortable and you can truly call your neighbors your friends. Every year, we meet people who become friends. Being in a "gated" community, we leave our bikes out front, open the gate and take off for another grand day in Cozumel. When not riding our bikes, it is a quick 20-minute walk to the ocean. We have never found the service comparable to anything as that at IslaMar. Zuri not only is helpful, but is always the professional, doing an outstanding job of cleaning or doing whatever she needs to to make our stay the best ever.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lbrownie711
Chestermere, Alberta
Reviewed 8 March 2013

This was the third leg of a four leg trip for my girlfriend and I in Mexico. It was everything that we were looking for! Off the beaten path, no downtown clatter and in the middle of the Mexican pueblo of San Miguel. We shopped at the local fresh fish and produce stores that were plentiful and within a short walk in any direction. We had everything we needed in the suite to be able to prepare our own meals as well as a grill in the courtyard to BBQ with some of the other guests. The owners, Sherri and Mauricio, looked after our every need personally, promptly and professionally. Zuri and Miguel, our on site hosts, were a pleasure to meet. They looked after our daily needs, Zuri entertained us with her humour and willingness to make our stay comfortable and help us with our Spanish! Miguel provided as many fridges as we needed ...hahaha!!! He dropped by on Sunday night to help, when he was obviously on his way out with his family! We also had the pleasure of going to Sherri and Mauricio's home at Palmar Beach Estate and Butterfly Sanctuary, which had amazing snorkeling right in front on Paradise Beach. They had inexpensive drinks and snacks and great stories of local life in Cozumel. Sherri's www.cozumelinsider.com website was very informative for all of our island needs. We thoroughly enjoyed their company and will definitely be back for a visit next year!!! Burke and Darcy

Room Tip: The main floor (suites 4 and 6) are the quietest
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
okc
Reviewed 26 February 2013

I stayed a couple of nights at the villas before going to my usual resort. It was a nice change. I have many local freinds and being closer to them was nice., The place was very clean and beutifully decorated. I met some of the neighbors who i beleive had been there all winter from Maine. It was to cool for the pool, but it was very clean and i'm sure would feel great after a long hot day of diving. The beds were very comfortable and i enjoyed just opening the windows and let the breeze blow through. I would definately stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo