Miramar Condominiums Cozumel
US$236
US$200
US$195
  • Breakfast included
Coral Princess Golf & Dive Resort(Cozumel)(Great Value!)
US$238
US$118
Cozumel Palace(Cozumel)
US$504
US$454
All reviewsmaster bedroomdiving platformwasher and dryergreat condosmall condojump offextra bedroommiles north of townhighly recommend this condodowntown san miguelevery other dayshort drivesparkling cleanown bathroomloved our staygreat poolfive nights
Reviewed 19 December 2010

When in Cozumel, we usually stay at a B&B (see my other review), but this time we were given the chance to stay beach front for an amazing price and couldn't pass it up. My brother stays at Miramar often, but this was my first chance.

Suite 202 is a perfect one bedroom. Huge, with a full kitchen, washer, dryer, bountiful clean water, and an amazing view of the ocean from the bed, or from our private balcony. I would have preferred one king bed rather than 2 queens, but hey, if that's my only issue, we're doing well!

We slept and awoke to the waves. It was slow season, so we saw almost no one by the pool. We snorkeled along the walls, swimming south against the current in order to drift back down. We walked to the main square about 4 times. It's a bit over a mile, but for us it was a nice time to just take in the air.

You can't beat this place. It's not humongous and dominating like its neighbors, and I wished there was some sand, I forgot about that the moment we jumped in the ocean. OH, and the lap pool is delicious! Though not heated...

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 December 2010

This was my first stay at Miramar and it won't be my last. I loved it...everything, and here is why. The property manager had two lovely bouquets of fresh flowers awaiting our arrival and she (Isabella) was promptly there after we'd arrived to debrief us on the condo and how everything runs.
#202 was perfect for us, two gals on vacation - large master bedroom with two Queen size beds and an oceanfront balcony. Dual sinks in the bathroom, cozy living room and small kitchen (not like I care to spend a lot of time in the kitchen on vacation!). The condo had all the things we needed and more. Our needs were simple, coffee and breakfast made by me in the morning, a cooler for our days away from the complex, plenty of linens, a washer and dryer..etc.
The groundskeepers and maids are amazing! They keep the place neat as a pin! Most of the time I saw them cleaning things that seriously didn't even need cleaning.
I loved how quiet the area is and that there is off-street parking. I always felt very safe and secure.
I can't wait to go back to the island and stay at Miramar again!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank Wineott
Reviewed 7 February 2010

We stayed at the Miramar condo for five nights following a week-long stay in Playa del Carmen. We love the clear water and good snorkeling on Cozumel. This was our second time on Cozumel, previously we stayed about five minutes taxi south of the town center.

One of us was brave enough to navigate the water access stairs and do some snorkeling in front of the condo. Lots of neat fish, urchins and marine life. Be aware of the sometimes very strong current and waves. Some people jump off the platform and swim with the current north to the Marazul condo where they climb up the stairs on that side.

The condo was roomy, a very pretty bedroom with a chaise lounge that was great for sitting and watching the water. Comfortable beds and lots of towels and purified water. Having and in-unit washer and dryer was useful, as was the full kitchen, though we only made breakfast and snacks. The shower stall is a bit dated but clean and the water hot and ample. Be aware of ants, like in any tropical area, and don't leave crumbs lying around.

Flagging down taxis was generally not a problem, except a couple times when there were a lot of cruise ships in town (the taxis park at the southern dock zone and wait for passengers).

The pool was quite cold, they tend to be unheated. There could be more umbrellas too, as only one seemed to work and both were located at tables, not near the lounge chairs. With a toddler, it's helpful to have shade. We played in the sand area one time, again the lack of shade prevented further sand play. A plus and drawback of the pool is the location. Since it's right on the water, it's beautiful and you can experience both the pool and the sea at the same time, however it's rather dangerous too, especially since the shallow section is right next to the drop off. Kids need a lot of supervision at this condo and pool area. Kids always need a lot of supervision, I know, however I don't always feel the need to hold hands in the shallow areas.

Next time we might consider the Marazul. The pools were supposed to be warmer, there was a "hot" tub and wading pool.

We enjoy Cozumel. There are some great restaurants in town and some lovely beaches but also some fantastic snorkeling. This time we tried out Playa Palancar. Terrific. Got to try their fish tacos. Mmm. Feel free to contact me if you have questions. Can't wait to go back to Cozumel and Playa!

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 December 2009

My husband and I have just left Miramar Condominiums after an 13 day stay. We have had the most perfect and comfortable stay.
We stayed at apartment #202 and it was everything we wanted and more!
Clean, beautifully laid out and a beautiful view over the sea and pool area.
The apartment had good air conditioning, good kitchen, washing and drying machines, very good wifi connection.
To make it even better, organising our stay with Isabella (the owner) was great with us. She was great to communicate with prior to coming and always making sure our stay was more than perfect. I would recommend to any of my friends to stay at Miramar Condominiums.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank numberIreland
Reviewed 30 March 2009

We have been to Cozumel 8 times, but this was the first time with our children (7 & 11), so we decided to rent a condo. The Miramar fit our needs perfectly. We rented a 1 BR (we wanted a 2 BR, but none were available). The 1 BR was good-sized for the 4 of us. An extra bedroom would've been nice, though, so that the kids weren't in the living room on a sofa-bed. Need to book earlier next time.

Great views, very clean and modern, everything worked, good AC, having a washer/dryer was nice. Daily maid service (except Sunday) and she did a wonderful job.

The pool and outside area was very nice and well maintained. It is a small condo building, so there were never more than half a dozen or so people out by the pool. I think after hurricane WIlma, the pool/water area was reconstructed, so unlike the experience of the previous reviewer, there was good water access down some stairs and a ladder, as well a platform to dive/jump from.

There is no beach, as most of the west coast of Cozumel (except for the far northern or far southern resorts) have "ironshore" - rocky coast with a dropoff into about 10 ft of water. Great visibility, but the snorkling was fairly poor - but there were a variety of fish and some more interesting things if you look closely. I found a small moray eel and a sea snake of some type (I know it wasn't an eel, it was definitely a snake - I followed/examined it for 5 minutes). I have snorkled this part of the island before and there used to be more to see before hurricane Wilma. It is better than it was in 2006 after the hurricane, so it is slowly recovering, but it will take a while.

Good location close to town in the quiet northern hotel zone. Dive boats will not pick you up that far north, so you will need to meet them at the marina or a downtown pier. No big deal for us, we rented a car for the week.

This is a condo, so there is no restaurant, bar, or other services. That is good or bad depending on what you want. Certainly cheaper to make your own drinks and bring them down to the pool, but if you like being waited on, you'll need to go somewhere else for that.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with family