“Excellent place”

The Money Bar Beach Club
Book In Advance
More Info
and up
Cozumel Snorkeling Tour: Palancar, Columbia and...
Ranked #29 of 161 things to do in Cozumel
More attraction details
Owner description: Enjoy an extensive and family-friendly American and Mexican menu at The Money Bar, where our tables and bar contain currency from all over the world. Located at the famous Dzul-Ha Reef, you'll enjoy breathtaking views as you dine! Cozumel's newest beach club featuring a dining area & premium bar, kids menu, wheelchair access to the entire facility, scuba & snorkel gear rental, English speaking guided snorkeling tour, on site scuba instruction, no experience required, certified scuba guided tour, glass bottom kayaks, sunfish sailboats, parasailing , massage & spa treatments, lounging deck area for sunbathing, shaded areas, sandy beaches, comfortable lounge chairs, fresh water showers/bathrooms/changing rooms, lockers, gift shops, free parking lot.
Reviewed 8 May 2011

Just went there last week from the Carnival Elation. It costs, $8 per taxi from the Puerta Maya cruise terminal. Went to this place after reading reviews and watching youtube videos.

This is an excellent place to go if you want to get away from the crowds. Recommended this place to 4 other couples from the ship. All of them enjoyed going to this place. Brought my own snorkeling gear, you can rent the gear for about $14. This has wonderful snorkeling and plenty of fish. There were several places to get in/out of the water. Tried the steps at the end of the pier, which for me was the easiest way to get in/out. They also have some steps to use and a place that is more level. The current was very strong on the day that we went. This did make for a workout, good excuse for burning off the cruise food calories.

They have a big open air restaurant where you can use to get out of the sun. Bought some beer and guacamole which was excellent. The manager, forget his name, came over and gave us some advice on what to do in Calica. He is a very friendly and pleasant person.

Will go back there next Oct. The staff were very attentive and friendly. They do provide massages, I believe $30 for 30 minutes. The lady came around and gave each of us a free 5 minute neck massage. She is very good and got the tension out of my neck. she did so good that I gave her a $5 tip.

They do provide showers and very clean and modern bathrooms. The funny thing about this place is that you will see snorkeling boats drop people for snorkeling right in front of this place. If you want to save money, I would recommend going to this place, just make sure that you buy some beers or food and please give them a good tip as they all work hard.

4  Thank thebrit123
Write a ReviewReviews (1,637)
All reviews
"our waiter"
in 19 reviews
in 27 reviews

Reviewed 6 May 2011

My Friend and I came to Cozumel for the day from a cruise. I did research and decide this seemed like what were looking for. For $60 ($5 more than the advertised price) a piece- we each enjoyed; an hour guided snorkel trip w/ Marcos <~~ AMAZING! where we saw A TON of fish and sea life even a barracuda!, 30 minute massage (awesome!!!!!!) right on the beach, lunch and a cocktail. We felt it was a great value and it was all so amazing!
The massage was excellent. I live along the Emerald Coast and swim ALL THE TIME so I opted not to use the yellow vest- I would advise you TAKE THE VEST! We swam against the current while we were there- and I was exhausted after the hour of snorkeling- I think the vest may have come in handy!
Marcos happily took pictures of us and cool fish w/ my underwater camera!
It was a GREAT time! You can get a cab for $7 and $7 back- don't accept their $10 offer!
GREAT PLACE! Would absolutely go back!
Locker was $4 for the day and had plenty of space for two beach bags and still plenty of room!

5  Thank LiveLaughLove123
Reviewed 18 April 2011

Massage was great! Right on the water. One on one snorkeling guide. Can't ask for more than that. Very happy with the food,drinks, and service... it will be the first place i'll go when I return.

2  Thank TSHAFTO
Reviewed 10 April 2011

The money bar sucked. Never had such rude service. Oh wait, we didn't get service. Would not recommend.

1  Thank 1Seniorita