“Good snorkeling even during bad weather”

The Money Bar Beach Club
Book In Advance
More Info
US$54.99*
and up
Cozumel Snorkeling Tour: Palancar, Columbia and Cielo Reefs
Ranked #15 of 160 things to do in Cozumel
More attraction details
Owner description: Enjoy an extensive and family-friendly American and Mexican menu at The Money Bar, where our tables and bar contain currency from all over the world. Located at the famous Dzul-Ha Reef, you'll enjoy breathtaking views as you dine! Cozumel's newest beach club featuring a dining area & premium bar, kids menu, wheelchair access to the entire facility, scuba & snorkel gear rental, English speaking guided snorkeling tour, on site scuba instruction, no experience required, certified scuba guided tour, glass bottom kayaks, sunfish sailboats, parasailing , massage & spa treatments, lounging deck area for sunbathing, shaded areas, sandy beaches, comfortable lounge chairs, fresh water showers/bathrooms/changing rooms, lockers, gift shops, free parking lot.
Reviewed 9 November 2013

Our cruise shipped arrived in Cozumel during a rain storm. It was pouring rain and it looked as if our plans to spend the day snorkeling at the Money Bar would be a bust. We spent the first hour off the ship doing a fast bit of shopping and the weather started to get better. We went back to the ship, grabbed our gear, and headed to the Money Bar.

The weather remained drizzly and overcast for our entire stay, but it did not effect our fun. We decided to go with one of the packages they offered. It was a 30 min massage, lunch w/ soda, and a cocktail for $35. We had brought our own snorkel gear so we did not have worry about renting. They had nice large clean bathrooms to change in and showers to rinse off after swimming.

The snorkeling was great, tons of fish and nice warm water. The rain had not caused the water to cloud as much as we thought and we were still able to see lots of sea life. We brought a small amount of Cheerios with us and feed the fish. It was amazing as they surrounded us.

After our snorkel it was time for our lunch and massage. Hubby went first while I ordered my lunch. I had beef tacos and they were fine. 3 tacos with steak strips that were server with refried beans, pico de gallo, and guacamole. It was then time for my massage. She gave me a choice of hard, medium, or soft. I went for medium and was happy with that choice. I almost never get massages, so I don't have much to compare it to, but it felt great to me.

When my massage was complete it was about time to go. We had them make our cocktails to go. We ordered mango margaritas. They seemed a little weak on the booze, but were refreshing just the same. We quickly grabbed a taxi outside and were on our way back to the ship in no time.

There are a few things that I think could have been better:
We wanted to lock our belongings on one of their lockers while we were snorkeling, but the lockers were made of wood, falling apart, and located behind the snorkel shop. They wanted $5 for the lock rental and we felt that the fact that the wood bottom on half the lockers had rotted away wasn't secure enough to pay for. Our gear was fine left at our table being watched by the wait staff. If it had been busier I might not have felt the same.
I was stung by a bee on my foot while walking from the bathroom to our table. It was obvious I needed assistance and could not walk for a few minutes. The wait staff ignored me and continued to play on their cell phones. My husband and another patron assisted me in getting back to my chair and removing the stinger.

I felt for $35 we had a fair deal and would go back to the Money Bar again. The snorkeling and facilities are great, but the food and beverage is just average.

2  Thank Lilpaisley
Write a ReviewReviews (1,611)

Reviewed 28 October 2013

Took some more friends to the Money Bar on Oct 22nd from a cruise. Took 3 friends who have never been here. Taxi only costs $10 each way from Punta Langasto Pier, which is cheap if you can share between your group.

The weather was excellent and we all had a good time snorkeling. One of my friends is 84 years old and decided to try the snorkeling. He rented the gear for $15. The entrance into the water is slippery but he managed to get in by going down on your backside.

Can't remember the waiters name but he has been here for about 31 years and is the best.

Plan on going back on another cruise later in the year or next year.

Reviewed 10 October 2013

The atmosphere is wonderful. The bands are great on the weekens. The food is wonderful and the staff is amazing. We are there at least every other night

1  Thank Its5OClockInCozumel
Reviewed 9 October 2013

My wife and I had gone with Cozumel Charters for a fishing trip, great charter service, we caught a bunch of fish and the mate suggested "The Money Bar" for a restaurant to cook the fish we had caught. We got dropped off there, they took the fish to cook and we sat down. We had to wait almost 10 minutes just to get water. We noticed that the other customers in the place were ordering alcohol and getting service, both of us don't drink alcohol. Finally we were able to get a waiter to get us water. After being on the boat for 7 hours we were thirsty. We needed refills and that was again over 10 minutes, with 5 waiters sitting right there at the bar, unbelievable. When the food finally did arrive it was excellent. They cooked our fish perfect. We paid, received change and left the place. I did not leave a tip due to the terrible service. We were across the street and the same waiter who served us came running across the street yelling, "Sir you left me no tip." I told him we had to repeatedly wait for water and that if anyone deserved a tip it was the cook and not you. He then stated that " water was free". I said, "so was the service"....incredible the nerve of this guy. Do yourself a favor and don't go to this place.

Reviewed 7 October 2013

We ordered burritos and a burger. The burritos we presented quite nicely but inside was some concoction of frozen dark meat chicken. One group member ate the "car food" burrito as he dubbed it and got sick. The burger we order was a thawed out frozen pattie that you could buy in the grocery store. Needless to say it was also disgusting.

We talked to the manager about the food and be accused us of lying about it. Overall we were very disappointed we spent so much money here for such terrible food.

2  Thank Doshee87