“A little piece of paradise.”

The Money Bar Beach Club
Book In Advance
More Info
US$54.99*
and up
Cozumel Snorkeling Tour: Palancar, Columbia and Cielo Reefs
Ranked #12 of 159 things to do in Cozumel
More attraction details
Owner description: Enjoy an extensive and family-friendly American and Mexican menu at The Money Bar, where our tables and bar contain currency from all over the world. Located at the famous Dzul-Ha Reef, you'll enjoy breathtaking views as you dine! Cozumel's newest beach club featuring a dining area & premium bar, kids menu, wheelchair access to the entire facility, scuba & snorkel gear rental, English speaking guided snorkeling tour, on site scuba instruction, no experience required, certified scuba guided tour, glass bottom kayaks, sunfish sailboats, parasailing , massage & spa treatments, lounging deck area for sunbathing, shaded areas, sandy beaches, comfortable lounge chairs, fresh water showers/bathrooms/changing rooms, lockers, gift shops, free parking lot.
Burlington, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“A little piece of paradise.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2013

Hammocks strung between palm trees overlooking the Caribbean! Not overly busy when we were there for a mid-week lunch and afternoon swim. Great hamburgers and good value food. Snorkeling right off the beach with lots of colorful fish. A short taxi ride ... about $10 one-way from the international pier. Well worth a visit to enjoy a quiet afternoon away from the crowds.

• Finnish first
  • Turkish first
Tyler, TX
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Happy Hour 5-7”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2013 via mobile

Two for one drinks here from 5-7 is arguably the best happy hour on the island. Their drinks are really good. Mojitos, margaritas, blue Hawaiians, and my favorite, the "dirty monkey" are all worth the full price. As others have said, snorkeling is also good from here.

1 Thank EastTXtravelers
Asheville, North Carolina
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 59 helpful votes
“What a Deal!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2013

Visited while stopping in Cozumel on a cruise. Had read other good reviews.Located about 2 miles from International Cruise Terminal. Posted cab rate is $9.00. Our driver tried to charge $12. Also claimed he had no change .I think this is standard scam for the taxis.Now the good news. They have no entrance fee and their lounge chairs are FREE. No umbrellas available except at tables. Waiters do not hustle you for drinks. Beer prices are reasonable. Most were $3.50 Better deal if you pay with Pesos. Only $35. Great Margarita for $7.00 Did not eat.
Bar is located on a National Water Park.Easy access via ladder or stairs into water. There is no sandy beach in this part of Cozumel. Good snorkeling but not great.They have equipment to rent and guides. Massage also available

Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
71 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 71 helpful votes
“On our past - had to make a stop”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2013

We hired a scooter and joined all the tourists heading around the island. Cozumel is the typical tropical island and the Money Bar seems to not only be the local watering hole, but a magnet for snorkelers and holiday makers. On our past we had to make a stop - the vibe is electric and the snorkeling just off the shore is good.

1 Thank Barbi H
Seattle, Washington
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Good snorkeling even during bad weather”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2013

Our cruise shipped arrived in Cozumel during a rain storm. It was pouring rain and it looked as if our plans to spend the day snorkeling at the Money Bar would be a bust. We spent the first hour off the ship doing a fast bit of shopping and the weather started to get better. We went back to the ship, grabbed our gear, and headed to the Money Bar.

The weather remained drizzly and overcast for our entire stay, but it did not effect our fun. We decided to go with one of the packages they offered. It was a 30 min massage, lunch w/ soda, and a cocktail for $35. We had brought our own snorkel gear so we did not have worry about renting. They had nice large clean bathrooms to change in and showers to rinse off after swimming.

The snorkeling was great, tons of fish and nice warm water. The rain had not caused the water to cloud as much as we thought and we were still able to see lots of sea life. We brought a small amount of Cheerios with us and feed the fish. It was amazing as they surrounded us.

After our snorkel it was time for our lunch and massage. Hubby went first while I ordered my lunch. I had beef tacos and they were fine. 3 tacos with steak strips that were server with refried beans, pico de gallo, and guacamole. It was then time for my massage. She gave me a choice of hard, medium, or soft. I went for medium and was happy with that choice. I almost never get massages, so I don't have much to compare it to, but it felt great to me.

When my massage was complete it was about time to go. We had them make our cocktails to go. We ordered mango margaritas. They seemed a little weak on the booze, but were refreshing just the same. We quickly grabbed a taxi outside and were on our way back to the ship in no time.

There are a few things that I think could have been better:
We wanted to lock our belongings on one of their lockers while we were snorkeling, but the lockers were made of wood, falling apart, and located behind the snorkel shop. They wanted $5 for the lock rental and we felt that the fact that the wood bottom on half the lockers had rotted away wasn't secure enough to pay for. Our gear was fine left at our table being watched by the wait staff. If it had been busier I might not have felt the same.
I was stung by a bee on my foot while walking from the bathroom to our table. It was obvious I needed assistance and could not walk for a few minutes. The wait staff ignored me and continued to play on their cell phones. My husband and another patron assisted me in getting back to my chair and removing the stinger.

I felt for $35 we had a fair deal and would go back to the Money Bar again. The snorkeling and facilities are great, but the food and beverage is just average.

2 Thank Lilpaisley