All reviewsla perlitarental carclose to the airportboutique hotelroom hotelgarlic shrimptaco standking roomwonderful stayour home away from homesmall poolfishjoliedanislandmexicopesos
Reviewed 28 August 2013

This place is fantastic! We stayed here our last night in Cozumel after a week of diving (the dive hotel wanted full fare for one night despite the fact we wouldn't be diving), so I researched this place. What a wonderful place to stay. Daniel makes the time spent here worth every minute. He is a terrific cook, great bartender, and makes you feel like family. The owner, Dan, was there when we arrived and was also extremely friendly and welcoming. We were a little early for check in, but neither batted an eye at the time and ushered us in to our beautiful room. Daniel made sure we had exactly what we wanted for each meal, and he makes the most delicious fresh "hot sauce" (which was most similar to pico de gallo and a true treat!). The table/bar area was relaxing and cool and the pool with waterfall was the icing on the cake. I would HIGHLY recommend this to anyone looking for a place to stay in Cozumel.

Room Tip: The four rooms were ALL beautiful, but the king at the end by the pool is terrific!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank firegirl08
Reviewed 6 August 2013

This little boutique hotel is a true gem. Even though we stayed here last year in Nov. 2012, I still think of this place when I daydream about going on another vacation. Daniel, the caretaker, and Dan, the owner, are some of the nicest people I've ever met. We were celebrating our first anniversary and Daniel helped my guy arrange a special breakfast, flowers, and a cake to surprise me. Daniel always went above and beyond to make our stay comfortable and to ensure we had everything we needed, from directions to snorkeling gear. Even on mornings when we were planning to leave early, (like 6am), he had our breakfast ready. He is quite a chef and prepared something different for each of our breakfasts (we stayed a week!). We stayed in the Wind Room (Deluxe Queen), which was spacious and had everything we needed (fridge, desk, microwave, tv, dvd player, ac). The lady who cleaned our room daily would arrange a different animal figure on the bed made out of towels. Made us look forward to returning to the room to see what the new animal of the day was. If we have the good fortune of returning to Cozumel in the future, we would definitely choose Casita de Maya over a resort or any other hotel.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank jhyoung
Reviewed 22 July 2013

I am a little late writing this but better late than never. Having Dan (the owner), Daniel (the chef), and Daniel (the tourist) together in the evenings was a blast. We are from Texas and I have a very limited broken vocabulary when it comes to spanish. But I am here to say I enjoyed every conversation I had while staying here. His maintence/construction crew even allowed me the opportunity to visit with them one evening when my wife was ready for bed a little earlier than I was. Dan walked me to the street taco stand a couple blocks away at 11 oclock at night after I had enjoyed a few drinks and got hungry! These guys live up to every positive review you will read on here. From being knowledgable, and accomodating, to just simply friendly and welcoming. My wife and I have every intention of bringing our kids back next year and cant wait to see the guys again.

Thanks for everything guys! We will see you soon
Daniel and Tori

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank djmosh712
Reviewed 9 July 2013

After a vacation in Tulum,I was flying standby on "Buddy Pass." After 2 days at the airport, my "buddies" long gone, I was still stranded in Cancun so I decided to try my luck at the Cozumel airport. I found Casita de Maya on kayak and saw that it was inexpensive and close to the airport so I figured it would be a decent place to crash. Boy am I glad I did. When I walked in I found a lovely lovely residence, more a house than a hotel. Daniel was there to greet me with a smile on his face and offered me the large bedroom despite the fact that I had booked the room with twin beds. It was bigger than my New York city apartment and filled with all the amenities I could ask for--Wifi, a DVD player, a phone that made calls to America and the first hairdryer I'd seen in days. I dropped my bags off and stepped outside to the pool where Daniel was waiting ready to pour me a tequilla. He gave me a great suggestion for a nearby beach and gave me a set of keys to lock up the hotel when I returned. In the morning breakfast was delicious--Daniel handmade me an omelette, kept my coffee mug full, and made sure I ate all my fruit. Afterwards I hung out by the pool until it was time to leave for my flight. The hotel couldn't take a credit card and I was out of cash so Daniel gave me a ride on his motorcycle to the airport. I'm sad to say I finally made my flight!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank laura k
Reviewed 2 July 2013

We got married in Xcaret, Mexico and decided to go to Cozumel for our honeymoon. After doing some research on hotels in the area we found Casita de Maya. The prices were very reasonable (considering how expensive everything else was in the area) and the reviews were amazing so I jumped on the deal. The hotel is very small with only 4 (expanding to 5) rooms and we were actually the only couple staying there for the week which was very nice. The workers were extremely friendly and accomodated our every need. They will even make you breakfast, lunch and dinner for a very small fee if you don't feel like going out.

When people say it's right across from the airport IT REALLY IS. We didn't fly into Cozumel but that is where we departed so when it was time for our flight we just walked right across the street. Surprisingly, you really can't hear the planes since they fly the other direction.

The rooms were very large and nice. Ours had a mini fridge and a large comfortable bed. The hotel is not in the touristy area but for me that was a plus since it was nice and quiet and a cab to the main drag in cozumel was only $4 so it's not like you will break the bank with that. Also, there are several car rental companies next door if you decide to rent a car which we did do for the first 2 days.

We plan on coming back to Casita de Maya for our 1 year Anniversary! See you soon!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple