“Tourist Trap”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of El Coctelito

El Coctelito
Ranked #98 of 363 Restaurants in Cozumel
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Cheap Eats, View, Bar Scene, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: El Coctelito the favorite place from locals. Our menu is based in seafood and some variety for those who don't eat them. We have a complete bar wuth the best beverages, free WiFi, kids zone, and an amazing ocean view, where we can look the most beautiful sunsets. A place with different promotions thinking in our locals and visitors. Please, come and prove why we are the favorite place!
Hamilton, New Zealand
“Tourist Trap”
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Place is located outside of the tourist zone...BUT, Sports bar flavor, US style atmosphere and pricing, with large screen tv's and lotsa ornaments and decorations. I think they must have been closing and wanting to get outta there: Nacho toppings were cold, and my fish was undercooked, possibly previously frozen, and rice and veggies tasted like thy had just been microwaved-- cold in the center. They were rolling up the joint as I was eating, then stood around my table Not worth the inflated prices relative to the local restaurants. Unpleasant meal.

Visited April 2014

Miami, Florida
“Excellent Mexican Seafood, Authentic Cozumel hangout for the locals.”
Reviewed 2 April 2014 via mobile

Asked a waiter at Paradise Beach in Cozumel a good place to have good seafood away from the tourist traps. Thank you Amigo, as good as advertised this place is great! Six of us went and all ordered different dishes, everyone left with a smile on their face! The staff is very friendly and the service was very good! And once again the food outstanding, we will be back!

Visited March 2014
New Hampshire
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A Hidden Gem”
Reviewed 1 April 2014

My friend and I visited Cozumel in March 2014. We stayed at an Inn around the corner from El Coctelito and frequented this restaurant on several occasions throughout our stay.
The atmosphere is very airy, casual and inviting - to both locals and tourists. The menu items are fresh, appetizing and very filling. Drinks are also delicious and prepared-to-order.
The staff took the time to get to know us and greeted us as if we were family even on our second visit.
We stopped in for dinner, drinks and sometimes as a refreshing end to a wonderful day in Cozumel. We were never disappointed.
Don't be a stranger to El Coctelito but get there early, as they close around 7:30 p.m. Enjoy!!!

• Visited March 2014
Sioux Falls
“Seafood Heaven!”
Reviewed 24 February 2014 via mobile

This is a very good restaurant in Corpus Christy. The food is fresh and the service is outstanding. You will most likely find locals enjoying the food here. The seafood soup is outstanding and if you have a large group, do not hesitate to order the large family platter. I know the food is fresh because I saw a friend's cousin come in with the catch of the day..... I keep returning to this great place!

Visited February 2014
Edina, Minnesota
“So Good!”
Reviewed 5 February 2014

I concur with the other comments... tucked away gem, the Real Mexico.

This was a challenge to find. Locals were there too, which is a good sign.

They had this seafood soup which is their specialty. I think I talked about that soup for hours, no days. It was so delicious! It had seafood "parts" in it, a crab leg, an octopus part and shrimp. The menu said it also had jam but figured out they meant ham.

I had ceviche which was also good but not as fabulous as this soup.

They have this cute little play area for the little ones that the local ninos seemed to love and it was fun to be part of the neighborhood.

• Visited February 2014