“Delicious, friendly, generous”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery
Reviewed 2 August 2013

What a gem. The food was great, and they couldn't have been nicer. Being a weeknight during a slow season, they probably weren't exactly anticipating a crowd. At 8 pm, we were the only people there, and they were out of a few things. I asked if they had Coke Light, and they said yes. Next thing I know, we see one of the guys sprinting down the street--then legging it back from the store with my Coke! I ordered a couple of fish tacos plus a shrimp. They were out of shrimp and offered me a lobster taco instead. I think it was the most delicious taco I've ever had--and they brought me another one because I liked it so much. We also had a delicious seafood burrito and nice guacamole. This may seem like a small thing, but the tomatoes were ripe and wonderful, tasting of the yard or market rather than the food-supply company (we've been seeing some pale, mushy-looking ones on our plates elsewhere). And the salsa, with three pepper varieties, was tasty, nicely hot and just the right amount of complex. Altogether, really, really good food and a nice little place.

2  Thank wateryrave
There are newer reviews for La Casita de Indio 333

Reviewed 14 July 2013

We were looking for an authentic, local spot to get tacos and this is THE place! We live in LA and are used to eating really delicious Mexican food, so we were looking for a fantastic place that wasn't super touristy. This place is by far the best. The shrimp and fish tacos were killer and the mango margaritas were great. And everything is SUPER affordable. The staff here is so sweet and friendly. I would eat here every day if I could. LOVED IT!

2  Thank anutterbutter
Reviewed 3 July 2013

Going to Indio's is like going home for the holidays - minus the far too curious relatives who must comment on every Aspect of your life. Indio treats you like family and fills you with some of the most amazing authentic food you will ever find on this island. Be it the seafood, fish, steak, or guacamole/pico, you can't find anywhere else that only uses fresh fish (no frozen food here!), and adds to it all the best ingredients. You cannot leave Indio's without trying his special sauce! Hands down the greatest sauce to dip your food in (or put on your rice). Went in for lunch, came back for dinner and can't wait to go see what he's cooking today. Portions are large, food is amazing, and all of this at a great price.

Reviewed 23 June 2013

This place is amazing! Indio, the owner/chef is friendly and attentive. His food is authentic and delicious! Shannon, the other owner was there to welcome us as well. Best fish tacos I have had. My wife had a stuffed shrimp platter that was amazing. Indio "threw in" some lobster tail just to wow us! So good! This place will only get bigger and better as word gets out! The pico de gallo, and the guacamole were out of this world, although a little too salty. That's the worst I can think of. Don't miss it!

Reviewed 16 June 2013

For those that think authentic local food is a trip to Margaritaville....just go ahead and pass on this review...there's no helping you. If you want to hang with locals or ex pats over a killer seafood plate...this is it. A plate for 2...lobster, shrimp, steak, all the trimmings...25 bucks...and just a block and a half off the main drag. I dare you to find that anywhere on the island. Want the bomb breakfast burrito... Indio's got it...great tacos... Or what ever. He makes some stuff that I don't even know what's it's called...but it's some of the best anywhere.. Indio just installed a new bar area. They are working to improve the inside dining area....so it is a work in progress. All with the service you'd expect if you went to visit at aunt Maybles house....family all the way. If you come to Cozumel on anything other than a booze cruise, you owe it to yourself to give it a go.

2  Thank Hitdbeach