“What a great find”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery
Reviewed 19 February 2014

Was recently in Cozumel and came across La Casita de Indio. Indio the owner/chef is just a fun and great guy all around. We wanted seafood for dinner and particularly Conch and after we were waffling a while about what we wanted exactly Indio said he would put a meal together for us that was that we would like. He couldn't have been more right and the outdoor seating right on the sidewalk was perfect. When the bill came for this feast we were shocked by how little he charged us. I will be going back to Cozumel and when I do I will find myself at La Casita de Indio

Reviewed 18 February 2014

I came to Cozumel to celebrate my 30th birthday with 6 friends. We went into town to find a local authentic Mexican restaurant for my b-day dinner, and stumbled upon Las Casita De Indio. AMAZING! The food was priced well, the fish was super fresh and cooked to perfection. This is a family run restaurant and we enjoyed meeting them and getting to know them. They were kind, very hospitable, and served GREAT food! It's off the beaten path and a few blocks of a walk, but absolutely worth it. I only wish we had found this earlier in our trip and we would have gone several times. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!

Reviewed 18 February 2014

Stopped in here only because conch was listed on the sidewalk sign, what a great meal. The chef / owner takes great pride in his cooking and is incredibly talented. You get authentic local food with very fresh ingredients, seafood direct from the local fishermen daily. The prices are incredibly reasonable. I was so happy here that I made a reservation for Valentines Day with a meal request that wasn't on his menu. Indio was incredibly accommodating and picked up all ingredients and wine for an incredible Valentines seafood meal. He provided a waiter dedicated to the four of us for the evening and all of us were totally satisfied and highly impressed. Make sure to stop by here for a great meal.

Reviewed 18 February 2014

From many recommendations of both locals and visitors to La Casita de Indio, I knew we had to eat here. From the second we were welcomed, we felt like family. I was celebrating my best friends 30th birthday and knew we wanted to have a unforgettable experience, and we got exactly that.

An all around family business, son serving us and the father cooking authentic Mexican cuisine. Many of us had the shrimp plate, it was hands down the best I've had. The burritos/ chimichangas were super fresh and tasty. If you don't read or understand Spanish no worries, the menu is written in English to help, but Fluent English is also spoken.

As soon as we were done, we asked to write our names on the wall. Given a marker we placed our names on the wall with all others who have visited. I wished I found La Casita de Indio sooner in my visit. I would have gone back everyday. Until next time...

gracias por la buena comida, y me hicieron sentir como en familia!
translate: thank you for the great food, and making me feel like family!
Love: Kristy, Kevin, Kim, Meagan, Matt, and Christine

Reviewed 10 February 2014

After reading some of the reviews I decided to try this place out bc I was looking for some more authentic Mexican food off the beaten path at a good price. While the prices are good my wife and I were both disappointed with the taste of the food. The pico de gallo and guacamole were good. I think I ordered tacos al pastor. There was virtually no taste. I mixed it with pico de gallo which helped. My wife was craving some good fajitas and these just did not satisfy. We were the only ppl eating here at the time which made me think this was going to be a mistake, but I was willing to take a chance because of the reviews I read. This was one of the rare occasions tripadvisor let me down.