“Diving the way it should be!”

Tres Pelicanos Dive Center
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome to Tres Pelicanos Dive Center, the place where scuba divers come to dive their tank and/or computer profile. Our goal is to have each diver achieve the longest bottom time possible-SAFELY. We do not do DECO dives. We also take a longer surface interval in-between dives. We offer plenty of water to keep hydrated and snacks of sweet bread and fruit. Our boat is fast and comfortable. We have a fresh water shower on board to wash the salt off your face and for a camera rinse. Our crew sets up your gear and also takes it back to the shop where it is rinsed and brought back to the boat the next day for your dives. Our dive masters have years of experience diving the reefs of Cozumel. We understand that you work hard for your vacation dollars and want your experience with Tres Pelicanos to be a memorable one. We know that we cannot improve on the wonderful underwater world of Cozumel so we work hard at giving you the best customer service possible. We want the time when you first step on the boat until you enter the water and then back to the dock to be the most relaxing and enjoyable time of your vacation. So come on in and become a member of our Pelican family. Thanks Steve
Rough and Ready, CA
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Diving the way it should be!”
Reviewed 27 April 2014

My wife and I recently dove for a week with Tres Pelicanos and had a great experience; this is the way dive shops should operate! All week we dove with Jorge who is an outstanding divemaster. His knowledge of the various reefs is extensive, he gives great briefings, and he manages to watch out for you without "hovering" on top of you. Jorge was great to dive with and he alone makes Tres Pelicanos worth a try. Jorge, good luck on the upcoming triathalon! There's more to like though.

The dive boat is fast and functional with plenty of space to maneuver. The boat captains do a great job of assisting with your gear and keeping everything ready. The pastries, fruit, and water are just right to refuel between dives. Jeanie is very helpful via email with setting things up, on and on.

The best part of the operation is the ethos. The owner is a diver and he was on the boat our first day, just to get a dive in. Tres Pelicanos is a dive shop for divers!. The divers get to choose where to dive each day.(I've been diving with companies that consistently take divers to the closest dive sites just to say money on fuel). Bottom times are determined by air consumption not the clock, which is fantastic.

Everyone involved from the folks at the shop to the folks in the boat seem to enjoy their work and the diving is the centerpiece of it all. Tres Pelicanos deserves to succeed and if we return to Cozumel we will definitely dive with them, you should too!

Visited April 2014
Steve B, Owner at Tres Pelicanos Dive Center, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Rough and Ready Traveller
Thank you for your Trip Advisor review of our dive shop, TRES PELICANOS. We are all smiles at the very kind words you used telling the world about us and our dive op. Thank you so much.
I especially enjoyed your recognition of me--the owner--who wanted to get a dive in. I think that because we had so many terrific clients that week, I had not been in the water for a few days. Fortunately I found room for me to go on your trip.
YOU are PELICANS now, so you HAVE to return and visit us again. Thanks, from all of us here.

Castle Pines, Colorado
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Thanks, Tres Pelicanos!”
Reviewed 27 April 2014

I dusted off my PADI card after 35 years and was resolute, but jittery, about my return to open water diving. No worries with the staff at Tres Pelicanos! Our 2 dives became 4, then 6, and, if we weren't returning home, we would be in the double digits.
I want to thank Jeanie and Mike, the DMs Jorge and Servando, and support staff Chanfran and
Tony. We couldn't have picked a more welcoming, professional dive shop.
Our dives were sublime and under the staff's watchful eye I again felt comfortable navigating Cozumel's underwater paradise.
Thank you, Tres Pelicanos! "Mama" will be back soon!

1 Thank Nancy S
Nancy S thank you for your review of our dive center, TRES PELICANOS. You certainly hit the nail on the head when you stated that our entire staff was responsible for your successful diving. I am very fortunate to have these special people wanting to work and make TRES PELICANOS a dive shop where everyone can dive safely and enjoyably. It is because of all of them that we have been successful and continue to grow.
Thank you again for your kind review. You are a PELICAN now and we hope to see you again soon,
Midland Ontario
“Diving Trip”
Reviewed 23 April 2014

My partner and i, and my dive buddy, as well as 9 buddys had a great dive experience with Tres Pelicanos. They made our trip so enjoyable, there thoughtful and caring nature as well as attention to detail and our needs were all looked after as our 2 weeks of diving went by so quickly. I would recommend this business to anyone, they are very professional, with the best staff all with years of experience, so it is no surprise when they make things happen. Rinse of our dive gear after a day of diving and having it all back on boat in morning, is a great service they provide. We will be back next winter for 2 weeks of long bottom time on the most magnificent reef. My girlfriend was our group photographer she wants to thank Tres Pelicanos as I do for all the assistants, and help on and off the boat! Thank you Steve, Jeanie, Pony, Jorge, Servando. We all stayed at Villa Blanca Resort, Thank you to Arterio in Resturant and to Danial our waiter, it was a blast.

Visited March 2014
Steve B, Owner at Tres Pelicanos Dive Center, responded to this review, 26 April 2014
Douglas W. Thanks for your review of Tres Pelicanos Dive Center. Yes your whole group was a joy to dive with. Many of them have also sent in very kind reviews of our dive operation. Of course you were there a week before them so you got to know us very well. Diving with you and your dive buddy was easy and then to watch you work with your group---well it is no wonder why they did so well in the water. Many of them doing their very first dives after getting certified. Your assistance in instructing them really showed. All of them did great.
We look forward to seeing your whole group again next year. Remember all of you are members of our PELICAN family now, Thanks for choosing to dive with us, Steve
Hansville, Washington
“Diving with Tres Pelicanos”
Reviewed 21 April 2014

My wife and I have been on the Island for three weeks now and I've done all of my diving with these guys. Last time here dove one of the cattle boats which was Okay but, diving with Jorge and Cervando has been much better. Dive once so that they can see your skill and if you are an advanced diver they pretty much let you dive your own dive rather than herd you around. I've done nine dives so far and they just keep getting better. All of the people that are associated with this operation are extremely professional. I got to dive with one of the owners today (Steve) and see now where they get their professionalism. I have around 1000 dives and these folks are far and away better to dive with than most others. I'm from Seattle, WA so most of my diving is cold, murky water. If you want a truly remarkable and memorable experience diving in Mexico come to Cozumel and dive with Tres Pelicanos. If you are happy with your experience be sure to tip well.

Visited April 2014
Steve B, Owner at Tres Pelicanos Dive Center, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Retro 1950--Thanks for those kind words about our dive shop. As you well know there are many good shops here so we have to work harder at our customer service in order to measure up. Our shop is fortunate to have two of the best Dive Masters on the Island working with us. Each has his different ways to lead the dives, but the end result is---our divers get a truly terrific experience. Whether it be the wonderful coral formations of Palancar Gardens, or the Caves at Palancar, or the Devil's Throat, or the countless other dive sites, our guys know them all very well.
As good as our dive personnel is, our internet reservationist--Jeanie--is better. Email her and ask your questions and you will have your answers back usually within an hour. She knows the Island and can assist with diving, places to stay, places to eat and anything else you may be interested in.
Retro I hope to see you again on the Skinny Shark next time you are here. You are now a PELICAN, so hurry back to dive with us.
COLD LAKE
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great scuba dive company”
Reviewed 11 April 2014

My son Kurt and I along with the Cold Lake Crew had the pleasure of spending the week with Tres Pelicanos Dive Center. From the moment we booked with Jeanie 'til the time we left the island of Cozumel, we were treated first class! The owner, Steve, Dive Master Jorge, Pony at the office and all our boat captains provided an experience that we are longing to experience again. Our safety was paramount during Jorge's briefs and both he and Steve were ready to assist us with our newbie q's and concerns. Service on the skinny shark dive boat was excellent with plenty of energy building fruit and pastry, along with purified water to ready us for the next dive. Fresh hot water shower for rinsing was a nice surprise as well. Tres Pelicanos took us to 10 different dive sites that included rich marine life, wrecks, and even a submarine....I have to pinch myself thinking about all that we did last week. We will be back asap and no later than next spring break for sure. Can't wait!!

Kevin and Kurt
Cold Lake Crew

1 Thank Kevin L
Steve B, Owner at Tres Pelicanos Dive Center, responded to this review, 12 April 2014
Kevin L--Thank you for your review of Tres Pelicanos Dive Center. Diving with your whole crew was a lot of fun. For all of you it was a relatively new experience--discovering the wonder world of our underwater Cozumel. For me it was memorable watching all of you go from very novice divers to very good divers. I expect the next time you visit you will have a few more dives under your weight belts. However if you don't--your skills will return quickly.
All of us here at the shop hope to see all of you again soon. Either the whole bunch at once or if you can find the time--come down individually. Either way --all of you are Pelicans now and need to fly back to see us. THANK YOU so much for diving with us.