“Spring Break with Tres Pelicanos”

Tres Pelicanos Dive Center
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome to Tres Pelicanos Dive Center, the place where scuba divers come to dive their tank and/or computer profile. Our goal is to have each diver achieve the longest bottom time possible-SAFELY. We do not do DECO dives. We also take a longer surface interval in-between dives. We offer plenty of water to keep hydrated and snacks of sweet bread and fruit. Our boat is fast and comfortable. We have a fresh water shower on board to wash the salt off your face and for a camera rinse. Our crew sets up your gear and also takes it back to the shop where it is rinsed and brought back to the boat the next day for your dives. Our dive masters have years of experience diving the reefs of Cozumel. We understand that you work hard for your vacation dollars and want your experience with Tres Pelicanos to be a memorable one. We know that we cannot improve on the wonderful underwater world of Cozumel so we work hard at giving you the best customer service possible. We want the time when you first step on the boat until you enter the water and then back to the dock to be the most relaxing and enjoyable time of your vacation. So come on in and become a member of our Pelican family. Thanks Steve
Reviewed 1 May 2014

I spent a week diving with Tres Pelicanos in March. This is the first time I have dove solo and I could not have been more comfortable! Servando took great care of me and even though I had not been in the water in a couple of years I felt completely safe. Big Mike picked me up in town and they took care of my gear every afternoon. The reservations were made easily and I have never worked with a more responsive group. The briefings were good and everyone was consulted on dive locations. Steve even showed my husband and I where to have lunch!
By the time I left I felt like a real part of the community. Friends always ask if we feel safe and we walked all over Cozumel at night and I felt safer than at home! We will be back and I will only dive with Tres Pelicanos upon our return.

Steve B, Owner at Tres Pelicanos Dive Center, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2014

Michelle B Thank you for your kind review of our dive center TRES PELICANOS. Besides your wonderful comments about our dive shop, I feel that it is important to expound on your other comments about Cozumel in general. Safe and Friendly. With the bad news that Mexico has received over the past few years, Cozumel remains one of the safest communities in the world. Many, like you have stated that they feel safer here than in their own home town. Those of us who stay here understand that like any community, we do have problems. However because of the large tourist market with the cruise ships, the officials of QROO (state) show the flag with both the army and navy doing patrols along with the local police forces.
Those visitors like you who venture out and explore the community find the wonderful cultural foods and customs that many of the tourists who stay in the all inclusives miss. I find that our divers who get to know the community feel more a part of it especially when they make a return visit.
As for the diving--well all of us here are waiting for your next visit. More dives to make and other restaurants to discover, Thank you Michelle B for choosing TRES PELICANOS for your diving. You are a PELICAN now and all of us here can;t wait to see you again.

Reviewed 30 April 2014

I lack the words to adequately describe how amazing my entire diving experience was with Tres Pelicanos and the underwater beauty of Cozumel. Seriously, do NOT over think this trip, just go for it! I was certified in Australia in 1992,and had not dived since, so I had no idea what I was doing. On a whim I traveled alone to Cozumel and chose Tres Pelicanos solely for their awesome reviews on Trip Advisor. My experience started with Jeannie on email, who quickly and patiently answered all my questions, and helped me customize my trip.She is also involved with turtle conservation on the island, so I loved her for that right away! I wanted to go straight to the reef but wanted supervision, so they provided me with my own dive master for the day with the option to go with the group on subsequent dives if I felt comfortable. Servando was my dive master and he is FANTASTIC, safety and integrity first and foremost. He has been diving all his life and is definitely skilled at taking divers of all levels. Remember, I was completely clueless, and I felt totally comfortable in Servando's care. I think a good dive master must be part fish, part dive master, and part psychologist and he does it all and anticipates every situation. I just followed him around and enjoyed all the amazing things he was showing me. The water is crystal clear and full of life. It was better than the Great Barrier Reef, and no two dives were the same. Each day we did two tank dives at different spots with a short break on a beautiful beach in between. Water, pastry and pineapple was provided as a small snack, so if you are a big eater you may want to bring more food. The boat is really comfortable and the perfect size for a good group of divers but not so big it would ever feel crowded. Our group was such fun we dived together all three days. The other dive master Jorge took out the more experienced divers and briefed us on each dive, and was also skilled and personable, and everyone had a fantastic time and saw tons of sea life. The boat captains, dive masters and the entire team at Tres Pelicanos provided a coordinated, organized, safe and awesome experience for everyone on board. Their prices were absolutely reasonable and good value for the service and care they provided. I am already checking on airfare for my return trip! For lodging they like to recommend the hotel next door to the dive shop, called Las Anclas. I didn't stay there but visited when I was there and the folks on my trip also stayed there and loved it. It is really cute, clean and peaceful and I will probably stay there on my next trip to Cozumel. The entire trip more than exceeded my expectations and was one of the best trips I have ever been on. Definitely the highlight of all my visits to this part of Mexico. Don't miss out!!!

1  Thank Kiminchina3

Kiminchina
Your wonderful review of our dive operation, TRES PELICANOS, in Cozumel totally covered all the bases. Besides just saying THANK YOU I really can'f find words enough to go further.
Perhaps I should just give a shout out to TRIP ADVISOR. As you pointed out, you chose us because of the many very nice reviews that Tres Pelicanos has received. At first when we started to get these five star reviews, I was a bit worried. I figured that readers like you, would think that I had my mother write them because they were so nice. NICE yes but mother no. All the reviews, even the not five star ones have resulted in our continued success. We did receive a couple of not perfect scores and admittedly--it hurt. However I believe that it put a more human spin on the reviews. As all of us know--there is really no PERFECT in this world. So getting a four star or a one star showed us that we needed to learn and correct what ever faults resulted in these scores. We used them to get us back to wonderful five star ratings such as you have given us.
All of us here are so glad that your trip was a total success. Everyone remembers your enthusiasm and smile. Both made the whole boat more fun to be part of. You are now a member of our growing PELICAN family. Your feathers have started to grow so you must return again and dive with the rest of us PELICANS.
Thank you very much for your wonderful review of Tres Pelicanos,

Reviewed 27 April 2014

My wife and I recently dove for a week with Tres Pelicanos and had a great experience; this is the way dive shops should operate! All week we dove with Jorge who is an outstanding divemaster. His knowledge of the various reefs is extensive, he gives great briefings, and he manages to watch out for you without "hovering" on top of you. Jorge was great to dive with and he alone makes Tres Pelicanos worth a try. Jorge, good luck on the upcoming triathalon! There's more to like though.

The dive boat is fast and functional with plenty of space to maneuver. The boat captains do a great job of assisting with your gear and keeping everything ready. The pastries, fruit, and water are just right to refuel between dives. Jeanie is very helpful via email with setting things up, on and on.

The best part of the operation is the ethos. The owner is a diver and he was on the boat our first day, just to get a dive in. Tres Pelicanos is a dive shop for divers!. The divers get to choose where to dive each day.(I've been diving with companies that consistently take divers to the closest dive sites just to say money on fuel). Bottom times are determined by air consumption not the clock, which is fantastic.

Everyone involved from the folks at the shop to the folks in the boat seem to enjoy their work and the diving is the centerpiece of it all. Tres Pelicanos deserves to succeed and if we return to Cozumel we will definitely dive with them, you should too!

Steve B, Owner at Tres Pelicanos Dive Center, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Rough and Ready Traveller
Thank you for your Trip Advisor review of our dive shop, TRES PELICANOS. We are all smiles at the very kind words you used telling the world about us and our dive op. Thank you so much.
I especially enjoyed your recognition of me--the owner--who wanted to get a dive in. I think that because we had so many terrific clients that week, I had not been in the water for a few days. Fortunately I found room for me to go on your trip.
YOU are PELICANS now, so you HAVE to return and visit us again. Thanks, from all of us here.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

I dusted off my PADI card after 35 years and was resolute, but jittery, about my return to open water diving. No worries with the staff at Tres Pelicanos! Our 2 dives became 4, then 6, and, if we weren't returning home, we would be in the double digits.
I want to thank Jeanie and Mike, the DMs Jorge and Servando, and support staff Chanfran and
Tony. We couldn't have picked a more welcoming, professional dive shop.
Our dives were sublime and under the staff's watchful eye I again felt comfortable navigating Cozumel's underwater paradise.
Thank you, Tres Pelicanos! "Mama" will be back soon!

1  Thank Nancy S

Nancy S thank you for your review of our dive center, TRES PELICANOS. You certainly hit the nail on the head when you stated that our entire staff was responsible for your successful diving. I am very fortunate to have these special people wanting to work and make TRES PELICANOS a dive shop where everyone can dive safely and enjoyably. It is because of all of them that we have been successful and continue to grow.
Thank you again for your kind review. You are a PELICAN now and we hope to see you again soon,

Reviewed 23 April 2014

My partner and i, and my dive buddy, as well as 9 buddys had a great dive experience with Tres Pelicanos. They made our trip so enjoyable, there thoughtful and caring nature as well as attention to detail and our needs were all looked after as our 2 weeks of diving went by so quickly. I would recommend this business to anyone, they are very professional, with the best staff all with years of experience, so it is no surprise when they make things happen. Rinse of our dive gear after a day of diving and having it all back on boat in morning, is a great service they provide. We will be back next winter for 2 weeks of long bottom time on the most magnificent reef. My girlfriend was our group photographer she wants to thank Tres Pelicanos as I do for all the assistants, and help on and off the boat! Thank you Steve, Jeanie, Pony, Jorge, Servando. We all stayed at Villa Blanca Resort, Thank you to Arterio in Resturant and to Danial our waiter, it was a blast.

Steve B, Owner at Tres Pelicanos Dive Center, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2014

Douglas W. Thanks for your review of Tres Pelicanos Dive Center. Yes your whole group was a joy to dive with. Many of them have also sent in very kind reviews of our dive operation. Of course you were there a week before them so you got to know us very well. Diving with you and your dive buddy was easy and then to watch you work with your group---well it is no wonder why they did so well in the water. Many of them doing their very first dives after getting certified. Your assistance in instructing them really showed. All of them did great.
We look forward to seeing your whole group again next year. Remember all of you are members of our PELICAN family now, Thanks for choosing to dive with us, Steve