“Trip May 23- June 1 2014”

Tres Pelicanos Dive Center
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome to Tres Pelicanos Dive Center, the place where scuba divers come to dive their tank and/or computer profile. Our goal is to have each diver achieve the longest bottom time possible-SAFELY. We do not do DECO dives. We also take a longer surface interval in-between dives. We offer plenty of water to keep hydrated and snacks of sweet bread and fruit. Our boat is fast and comfortable. We have a fresh water shower on board to wash the salt off your face and for a camera rinse. Our crew sets up your gear and also takes it back to the shop where it is rinsed and brought back to the boat the next day for your dives. Our dive masters have years of experience diving the reefs of Cozumel. We understand that you work hard for your vacation dollars and want your experience with Tres Pelicanos to be a memorable one. We know that we cannot improve on the wonderful underwater world of Cozumel so we work hard at giving you the best customer service possible. We want the time when you first step on the boat until you enter the water and then back to the dock to be the most relaxing and enjoyable time of your vacation. So come on in and become a member of our Pelican family. Thanks Steve
Alabama
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Trip May 23- June 1 2014”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

My wife and I did 10 dives with 3 P's on the Skinny Shark.
Our divemaster, Servando and Captain, Francisco did
an outstanding job, including valeting and setting up
our gear (including rinsing wetsuits). We were asked dive sites
we wanted to visit, and did most of them, including Punta Sur
Cathedral and Devil's Throat. The boat is nice and roomy and
fast. The long ladder makes it easier to re .board the boat.
We were so pleased that we booked our next trip in October
before leaving Cozumel!

Visited May 2014
2 Thank frank s
Steve B, Owner at Tres Pelicanos Dive Center, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Frank S thank you so much for both the very nice review of our dive shop, TRES PELICANOS, and for booking your next trip. It is not often that we have divers so satisfied with their dives that they book their next visit before leaving. The whole staff works hard to make everyone's dive experience the best they can have. Our service of taking care of your equipment from setting up to rinsing is what we pride ourselves on. As you might imagine with ten divers on board it can get confusing with all the equipment issues, but our system of handing out name tags for gear bags has been working nicely. We just ask that each diver place his or her gear inside the bag, From there it gets rinsed and hung to dry. The next day it goes back in the bags and on the boat. As for the ladder, well I can take credit for that. As an older diver I found the original ladder was just one step too short. I had the extra step added and it has been appreciated by many divers even younger than I.
From everyone here---THANK YOU--- and we will see you in October.---Steve

New York City, New York
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“great”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Dove in may of 2014 with them .A outstanding operation totally costumer orientated from the office staff ,Willie,to boat captain and DM's Edgar and Jorge .
suitable for beginners and experienced divers .

Visited May 2014
Steve B, Owner at Tres Pelicanos Dive Center, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
TNVTZ thanks for taking the time to send a review on our dive operation, Tres Pelicanos. We are glad that we met your expectations and your visit to Cozumel was a memorable one. All of us here wish you the best and hope to see you again soon.
Baltimore, Maryland
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“One of the Best in all my Dive Travels”
Reviewed 6 May 2014

This is a really great shop and one of the best I've been diving with. They cater to what kind of experience you want. I like to dive caves/swim throughs, and each of the different instructors would either point to them or lead us through. What I really liked is there were other people in the group that liked to dive more shallow. So the instructor would show us the entry, and then would be at the exit when we came up. We went out with four or five different instructors: Servando, Mario, Juan, George and one other. These guys really understand diving and giving a great customer experience. The reason is they are all passionate about what they do and love the water/marine life.

Their dive boat the Skinny Shark is one of the best dive boats I've been on. Small enough so it's fast, but large enough not to be cramped. Cheflan (sp) is an amazing boat captain. He hustled to get your gear changed over, and it was set up correctly every time.

There were minor hiccups here and there with the shop, but your dive experience with them will be amazing. I just hope they don't grow too much and keep the 60+ minute dives. I also wish they would hire Mario full time.

Visited January 2014
Steve B, Owner at Tres Pelicanos Dive Center, responded to this review, 8 May 2014
All of us here at TRES PELICANOS want to say a big thank you for your tripadvisor review. I remember your January visit. It happened at a period where we were completely booked. The dive masters and instructors that you mentioned are some of the best on the Island. We were very fortunate to find them when our lead DM, Servando was busy with students. As a mater of fact, you had Mario because of that. Mario is very personable and a terrific instructor. We have tried to get him back every now and then, but as are most of the guys, they remain busy.
I want to assure you that as we grow we will retain our unique personality. Servando and now Jorge are our staff divemasters while Edgar is our relief boat captain and back up DM. I am not certain that you met Edgar, but he also has a giant personality full of humor to go with a 1000 watt smile. We will continue to pay attention to every diver's needs and experience.
We started this shop with the motto of "Building our Business One Satisfied Diver At a Time". We will continue to do that. From all of us here, Thank you and hurry back.
Parker, Colorado
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“First class service!”
Reviewed 3 May 2014

Wife and I just finished 4 days of diving with the guys at Tres Pelicanos and have nothing but good words to say!!!
Excellent service- before getting to the island, at tne shop and on and off the boat. First class service taking care of your equipment and needs, tender care on the boat and professional and safe lead of small groups in the water.
Both our Dive Masters were very attentive to our requests, and gave good descriptions of the dive profiles in the different locations.
The boat captain was helpful in getting us out of the water and was tracking us accuratly to always be there as we pop up.
And the dive shop service was 5 stars!!

Thank you Servando, Jorge, Pony and all the crew. We will be back!

Visited April 2014
Steve B, Owner at Tres Pelicanos Dive Center, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
malbalancy
Thank you for your review of our dive shop Tres Pelicanos in Cozumel Mexico. The point that you make is that our WHOLE team works together to make each individual diver's experience as successful as possible. Jeanie and the guys that we have are real professionals. They really do put the client first from the beginning emails to the dives all the way to getting picked up and brought back to the shop.
You belong to our growing family of PELICANS now so hurry back to dive with us soon. Thanks from all of us here,
Amarillo, Texas
“Spring Break with Tres Pelicanos”
Reviewed 1 May 2014

I spent a week diving with Tres Pelicanos in March. This is the first time I have dove solo and I could not have been more comfortable! Servando took great care of me and even though I had not been in the water in a couple of years I felt completely safe. Big Mike picked me up in town and they took care of my gear every afternoon. The reservations were made easily and I have never worked with a more responsive group. The briefings were good and everyone was consulted on dive locations. Steve even showed my husband and I where to have lunch!
By the time I left I felt like a real part of the community. Friends always ask if we feel safe and we walked all over Cozumel at night and I felt safer than at home! We will be back and I will only dive with Tres Pelicanos upon our return.

Visited March 2014
Steve B, Owner at Tres Pelicanos Dive Center, responded to this review, 2 May 2014
Michelle B Thank you for your kind review of our dive center TRES PELICANOS. Besides your wonderful comments about our dive shop, I feel that it is important to expound on your other comments about Cozumel in general. Safe and Friendly. With the bad news that Mexico has received over the past few years, Cozumel remains one of the safest communities in the world. Many, like you have stated that they feel safer here than in their own home town. Those of us who stay here understand that like any community, we do have problems. However because of the large tourist market with the cruise ships, the officials of QROO (state) show the flag with both the army and navy doing patrols along with the local police forces.
Those visitors like you who venture out and explore the community find the wonderful cultural foods and customs that many of the tourists who stay in the all inclusives miss. I find that our divers who get to know the community feel more a part of it especially when they make a return visit.
As for the diving--well all of us here are waiting for your next visit. More dives to make and other restaurants to discover, Thank you Michelle B for choosing TRES PELICANOS for your diving. You are a PELICAN now and all of us here can;t wait to see you again.