“Amazing dive with amazing service” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bottom Time Divers

Bottom Time Divers
Queensbury, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing dive with amazing service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

One of the best dives I have done in the past few years with Raul, my boyfriend had his 2 dive ever so it was wonderful. Cruise boat arrive about 2 hours late and he waited for us thankfully or we would have missed out on such an amazing day!! Large coral, sharks, turtles, lobsters, crabs, barracuda, sea horses and the biggest parrot fish I have ever seen. The aquatic life was 100 times more than what we saw the day before in Grand Cayman. It was amazing his service was great catering to our ever needs. When we stay in Cozumel I will book him for the entire trip. Couldn't have asked for a better guide on my first drift dive.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Jenny D

QUEENSBURY
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic service and diving”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

Raul is very professional and accommodating. Do not hesitate to book with Raul! The diving was fantastic.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank DOUGLAS D
Cozumel, Mexico
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Just finished another fabulous week of diving with Raul!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

I have been diving with Raul in Cozumel for several years now and he still frequently manages to show me something new. This week it was a tiny little frog fish that looked very much like a piece of fuzz until Raul pointed it out to me. I never would have found him on my own. And, of course, no camera.

Raul and his boat captain Manuel run a top notch dive operation that caters to small groups of divers at any skill level. Our group this time was a mix ranging from an excited new diver just completing certification to more seasoned divers who enjoy long bottom times and a little adventure. Somehow Raul manages to provide the best possible experience for all and turn a group of strangers into friends with hopes of meeting up again on future trips.

Over the years I have enjoyed a wide variety of Cozumel diving experiences with Raul. We have gone spear fishing up north, outside the marine park, which often results in fresh ceviche prepared on the boat by Raul. We have spent many hours exploring and meandering leisurely through the swim throughs in the reef to the south or riding the exciting currents which often grace the reefs of Cozumel. We have looked for and found many species of difficult to spot indigenous marine life such as sea horses, pipe fish and of course the baby frog fish. I would without hesitation recommend Raul and Bottom Time Divers to anyone who wishes to fully experience everything Cozumel diving has to offer and make a life-long friend in the process.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Kathy B
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“I hate to say this, but”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2013

Best time of my life. I don't want to give him too much publicity, as I want him to stay small and cater to me, but this since I can't go more than twice a year, I guess I need to give him props. Raul at BottomTime is the best. In the week I was there, I became a better diver simply by diving with him. He could find the tiniest seahorse in what appeared to be an empty said bed. He knew where the sharks were, the turtles, even located an octopus during a day time. He was flexible and friendly. His price was a little higher than the cattle boat operations, but my dive buddy and I had him to ourselves most of the time, and only shared him with 3 other divers the rest of the time. His boat is fast so we didn't wait a lot of time getting to the sites. He had stories to tell, advice to give and we just flat out enjoyed our experience with him.

Visited December 2013
2 Thank Spunky-Diving-Diva
Fairfax County, Virginia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“5 stars for his Service, Professionalism, and Ceviche”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our diving with Raul. We dove 4 days with Raul (12 dives) and his boat the Julieta. He has a nice 200HP Yamaha outboard on a six-pack boat (carries 6 divers easily plus Raul and the boat captain) and gets you there fast. We and our friend Michael were the only divers on this trip. Each day he gave us our choice to dive wherever we wanted or he would make suggestions if we had no preference. We dove some beautiful sites in the south including Maracaibo Shallows, Punta Sur, Palancar Gardens, and Cathedral. We also dove the swifter drift dives in the north on Cantarell, San Juan, and Barracuda. All the dives were great and Raul is a great dive master. That's why keep coming back. He takes care of all our gear and sets it up for us each morning and afternoon.

We prefer our surface intervals on shore so we can sit, relax, eat breakfast or a sandwich in the afternoon. For our southern dives, we have a club sandwich or ceviche at Palancar Beach. Near the Caleta (marina) we stop for breakfast at the Money Bar or lunch from the "Diver's Menu". Our northern dives we eat breakfast at Playa Azul for our surface interval (ask for the $5 breakfast which includes 2 eggs, 2 sausages or bacon, a hash brown, and toast). At lunch their Mexican lime soup is fantastic. Well... back to diving.

Raul was able to get us Aluminum 100 cu ft. tanks with Air (21%) or Nitrox (36%). Those make for great dives for some of our deeper dives and especially helped on our second dives where our deco time is more limiting. Our last dive which varied between 50-30 feet we had a 75 minute dive. Raul is fine with everyone diving their own profile if they choose and have the experience. On one dive I signaled to Raul that Robyn and I were good to deploy our surface marker buoys and surface early while he stayed with Michael who had more bottom time. Manuel, the boat captain, follows us everywhere we go on the surface. Even though we're 90 feet down, you sometimes hear the boat motor overhead as he follows.

We also had some great times eradicating the lion fish. Several times after Raul caught a pesky lion fish, we got to see a huge grouper hungrily waiting for his mid-morning snack. So too did the sea anemone enjoy a treat as well as the lobster and a spotted eel who voraciously ripped the lion fish right off the pole... pretty cool sight if you're in to that kind of thing (I am). So this is our 3rd dive trip with Raul just this year (Feb 2013, July 2013, and Sept 2013). Sadly we won't be back again until May 2014 due to a new job, but we will always dive with Raul. Our last day we were treated to Raul's homemade lion fish ceviche with the very same lion fish that were caught on our trip... fantastic. Raul could be famous just from his ceviche... If you can convince Raul to make some for you (just pay him for the ingredients), his ceviche is better than any I have ever tasted. Way better than what we had at the Mega grocery store, better than the Money Bar or Palancar Beach. We told him he should open his own restaurant if he ever stops diving. Raul doesn't get very many reviews (probably because he doesn't ask people to do them), but he certainly deserves 5 stars for his service, professionalism, and ceviche ;). You can see his rates at http://www.bottomtimedivers.net/. Try him out (or at least his ceviche)... you won't be disappointed.

Visited September 2013