“Scuba/Snorkel - perfect!”
Review of NIrvana Dive shop

NIrvana Dive shop
More attraction details
Owner description: We focus on providing a tailored and friendly service, ensuring that you have the time of your life in a safe and professional environment. With a full range of diving services, NIrvana Diving School, offers small groups and scuba diving experiences packed with great fun and breathtaking memories!
Prescott, Arizona
“Scuba/Snorkel - perfect!”
Reviewed 17 March 2014

Short version: Personal attention, good price, safe, fun, photos.

Long version:

We came to Cozumel on a cruise and I really wanted to avoid the big group excursions you book through the ship. These guys fit the bill perfectly. Within 10 or 15 minutes of meeting Socrates at the Marina (short taxi ride from the cruise port) our group of 7 were equipped and heading out on our "private" excursion. Hint: When the cab driver and marina guys ask who you are going with, use the name Socrates or the name of the boat. Saves a minute or three of them trying to figure out who "Diver Down" is.

Anyway - myself and my two sons (ages 11 and 13) did the discover scuba while the others chose snorkeling. Not knowing how things were going to work, I was really happy the three of us doing scuba also got to snorkel at the first locations with the group in addition to the dive.

This being our first time ever experiencing scuba, my wife was understandably nervous about the boys. Nothing to worry about - we got an excellent orientation and a practice session in shallow water before the dive. The boys were well attended to during the dive and everything went perfectly.

We dove from the boat as the others snorkeled above us. Of course we saw fish and the colorful reef, but also turtles and a shark. Socrates captured some great photos of both the snorkeling and the dive and shared them via DropBox for us. The kids had a blast and cannot wait to do it again. The rest of the group who were a bit too nervous to do scuba this time saw how smoothly it went and how amazing it was - I think everybody will be doing scuba with Diver Down next time we are in Cozumel!

If you go with these guys, don't expect lines, waiting around, big groups, and rigid agendas. Expect a great, personal experience on and under the water.

Visited March 2014

• Hebrew first
Melbourne, Australia
“Great diving”
Reviewed 15 March 2014

We really enjoyed diving with Socrates, a great fellow that goes out of his way to help. Very reasonably priced also. We did our advanced licence with him. Cheers Socrates!

Visited March 2014
Cypress, TX
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Another Great Dive”
Reviewed 7 February 2014

This was our second trip with Diver Down. Took a cruise to Cozumel and we do not like the large crowds of the ship booked dives. Diver Down is a smaller company that focuses on the diver and not #'s. My wife and I both felt very safe and comfortable with them. Both trips the Dive Master and crew checked our tanks and gear, helped adjust everything and reviewed the dive sites with us.

Aristotle was our guide this trip and we enjoyed and appreciated his knowledge and interactions. We plan to keep diving with these guys.

Visited January 2014
Firth, NE
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Discover scuba”
Reviewed 20 January 2014 via mobile

Socrates gave excellent instruction on what to expect and some important aspects of scuba. Our short class was followed by some hands on training with Aristotle, followed by about a 40 minutes dive.

We dove from the beach and one of us was quite anxious (hubs). Aristotle was EXTREMELY patient and reassuring, which in turn led to a fantastic (successful) dive. There were some other groups at the beach with another company and it was obvious that we were having a much more professional and fulfilling experience than those with the other dive company. I am almost certain my husband would not have gotten over his apprehensions without the extra care he received, which I fully credit Aristotle for. Not only do I have to believe they are of the very best, they were also very economically priced and provided a disc with excellent pictures of our experience AND wet suits!

Bradenton, Florida
“Great Discover Scuba”
Reviewed 5 January 2014

Had a great experience with Aristotle scuba diving for the first time. He was patient and very helpful in guiding me through the use of the equipment and I felt comfortable with the whole process. He guided me to rays and colorful fish throughout the dive.

Visited December 2013