“Afternoon of fun .”

Ocean VIP Beach Club
More attraction details
Owner description: The Ocean VIP Beach Club is the latest beach club in Cozumel, offering a-la-carte and all inclusive packages, water sports, activities, facilities, restaurant, bar and much more!
Reviewed 23 March 2014

We were on a cruise ship we booked the ATV tour and beach time afterwards The ATV ride was awesome I never rode a ATV so that was fun then we went to the Ocean VIP beach club for the rest of the day It was fun I bought my snorkel stuff and went snorkeling at the beach there were alot of rocks in the water. I had nachos and a couple of drinks . The bar was really nice it had swings to sit in . It was our first time to Cozumel . we would look for a nicer beach area next time .

1  Thank HappyGJackson
There are newer reviews for Ocean VIP Beach Club

Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

What a waste of a day. The beach is rocky, water was full of seaweed and merkie. If you purchase a drink you can sit in a lounge chair but they do not tell you that. Options at the gate are $65 pp or $12 pp depending on what you want your amenities to be. You cannot see the beach when you arrive when approaching the beach area you pass their pool which is nasty dirty that was my first sign this was not a good choice. Bad smells, but cold bottles of beer. Don't waste your valuable vacation time with this pit!!!

1  Thank Amy R
Reviewed 23 February 2014

we went on a cruise and one of our stops was cozumel, once we arrived at the port, there was various taxis & shuttles, ready to take us wherever we wanted. It was our first time there, so we asked for a calm quiet beach...the taxi (very polite & friendly) took us to Ocean VIP, it's neither far or close...its just the right distance when you want to get away from the tourist noise.(good for couples) once getting there, they offer you packages/bracelets which include equipment to use in the water as well as food/drinks...very good deals! I definitely want to go again! the people are so friendly and the beach is gorgeous with practically a floating playground in the water ;) there's also people walking around with iguanas, parrots if you want to take pictures...very nice place, I didn't want to leave! we were there end of Aug beg of sept and the weather was incredible...sooo hot! loved it!

1  Thank wonderwoman0611
Reviewed 5 February 2014

Ask for Chala, he is the BEST GUIDE for snorkeling in all of Cozumel, believe me. I have been on many snorkeling trips with a variety of different guides.

Reviewed 1 January 2014

We ate at the restaurant/bar on the beach, used my debit card for payment - our waiter came back and said that the card did not go through.

My wife wisely checked the text alerts and told me the bank did send an alert of a charge. I told them we were already charged, they said their wireless was down - no way to find out if I was charged and asked if I could pay in cash.

Reluctantly I paid in cash, because I knew I could dispute the transactions anyway. But told them clearly to cancel the credit card transaction once they have the wireless signal.
Checked after I got back home and they also charged my credit card in addition to the cash I paid - what an elaborate scam!!!
Talked to my bank and asked them to dispute this transaction!

If you are a manager at this restaurant or at this resort - shame on you for allowing this type of behavior from your staff - it kills your business and kills the reputation of Mexico as a tourist spot.
This was not one staff member, multiple staff members were involved in convincing me that my credit card was not charged. Also couple of locals who were sitting at the table next to us showed a peaked interest in us after the discussions as if they knew what was up - should have taken the hint.

3  Thank Ra K