“Good Food - Bad Water Sports”

Ocean VIP Beach Club
More attraction details
Owner description: The Ocean VIP Beach Club is the latest beach club in Cozumel, offering a-la-carte and all inclusive packages, water sports, activities, facilities, restaurant, bar and much more!
Reviewed 11 April 2014

We can not recommend this place for it’s water sports. Beware or paying for your jet skiing etc. before making sure they are actually available. This was a classic bait & switch as they charged us for the jet ski and then did not have enough available for us to use. Good luck getting your money back on that scam.

We can, however, recommend them for their food, drinks and service. The wait staff was friendly, the food was good and the beers were cold.

Reviewed 7 April 2014

Honestly, we only paid the 12 dollar entrance fee and got a bucket of beer for I think 15. We got chairs and an umbrella for free. Or maybe it was only free because we got beer, I don't know. The pools were not working when we were there, so I can't comment. I actually can't comment on most of the things because we simply didn't do it. Our goal was relax on the beach and go in occasionally. The actual beach was pretty bad because it was all rocks. If you got over it and went out far enough it wasn't as bad but still rocky. However for the first twenty feet at least you feel like your feet are getting cut. Wouldn't go back, would have gone to a better beach but at least I didn't really get harassed there. Sure there were people going around selling things, but when you said no, they left. Or they would just pass by like a vendor going up the stairs at a ballpark-not really directing sales at any one person. I would have really felt ripped off if I paid the other entrance options though.

1  Thank 5_0cl0ck_s0mewhere
Reviewed 23 March 2014

We were on a cruise ship we booked the ATV tour and beach time afterwards The ATV ride was awesome I never rode a ATV so that was fun then we went to the Ocean VIP beach club for the rest of the day It was fun I bought my snorkel stuff and went snorkeling at the beach there were alot of rocks in the water. I had nachos and a couple of drinks . The bar was really nice it had swings to sit in . It was our first time to Cozumel . we would look for a nicer beach area next time .

1  Thank HappyGJackson
Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

What a waste of a day. The beach is rocky, water was full of seaweed and merkie. If you purchase a drink you can sit in a lounge chair but they do not tell you that. Options at the gate are $65 pp or $12 pp depending on what you want your amenities to be. You cannot see the beach when you arrive when approaching the beach area you pass their pool which is nasty dirty that was my first sign this was not a good choice. Bad smells, but cold bottles of beer. Don't waste your valuable vacation time with this pit!!!

1  Thank Amy R
Reviewed 23 February 2014

we went on a cruise and one of our stops was cozumel, once we arrived at the port, there was various taxis & shuttles, ready to take us wherever we wanted. It was our first time there, so we asked for a calm quiet beach...the taxi (very polite & friendly) took us to Ocean VIP, it's neither far or close...its just the right distance when you want to get away from the tourist noise.(good for couples) once getting there, they offer you packages/bracelets which include equipment to use in the water as well as food/drinks...very good deals! I definitely want to go again! the people are so friendly and the beach is gorgeous with practically a floating playground in the water ;) there's also people walking around with iguanas, parrots if you want to take pictures...very nice place, I didn't want to leave! we were there end of Aug beg of sept and the weather was incredible...sooo hot! loved it!

1  Thank wonderwoman0611