“Nice place- large rooms”

Vista del Mar Boutique Hotel
Ranked #29 of 52 Hotels in Cozumel
Reviewed 4 December 2011

We walked around town looking for a hotel for one night a few weeks ago and I had this one in mind due to the good reviews here on TA. Checked a few others out, however they were asking $70-$80 a night and I remembered seeing Vista del Mar on Orbitz for half that.
Logged on to Orbitz on a blackberry, booked a standard room for $39 and walked in 5 minutes later to check in.
Reception was friendly and had our booking already. We were showed our room which was very large and clean. There was a big room with a tv and king bed then a smaller area around the corner with a queen, a nice renovated bathroom and even a cute patio/balcony.
We did not have an ocean view but didn't mind as it was for one night.
I would definitely book here again and if for a longer time I'm sure an ocean view would be great.
The location is perfect and the online price can't be beat.

Room Tip: I suggest checking for a cheaper rate online - saved about 50% by doing so.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 3 December 2011

Our room was clean and comfortable. The reception people were always very friendly and helpful. The location is perfectly situated near the ferry with great access to the local shops and diners. The employees provided assistance and directions to guide us towards the best attractions. I have and will continue to recommend this hotel to other friends.

Room Tip: Since the hotel doesn't have much in terms of "in house attractions", I would suggest...
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Spearoman
Reviewed 28 November 2011

I have stayed here numerous times, I was one of their first customers while they were remodeling it to make it the boutique hotel it is now. Rooms are nice size, comfortable & clean. Staff is friendly, knowledgeable and speak English. You can even get some good discounts at their partnered beach location (Mr. Sancho's) just ask the staff before you go. Great view of the ocean, the Punta Langosta pier, and Playa Del Carmen on clear days. Free coffee and sweet rolls for breakfast delivered to your door daily.

Room Tip: If you want a quiet room for the weekend, request room 206 or 306, no view of the ocean, but giant s...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank JRCZM
Reviewed 25 November 2011

We stayed at this hotel due to the number of great reviews on Trip Advisor, and they weren't wrong!! We ended up staying for an extra night because of the good quality (compared with the price). The staff are helpful and provide a brief introduction and map of the island on arrival. We found other hotels of this price range were not normally so helpful in Mexico.
The location is perfect. We were backpacking so being able to walk only a short distance from the ferry was a definite bonus. The hotel is also only a short walk from scooter/car rental locations as well as Cozumel's main square which is brilliant to stroll around and find dinner restaurants.

Room Tip: We went for the cheaper room option which does not include a sea view. The superior rooms generally...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 October 2011

This was our second stay here and I would again rate as a 2 star hotel as far as quality goes but when you include value it becomes a 3 1/2 in my book. The rooms are spacious with nice views of the ocean. The only complaint we had was the air conditioner was having problems keeping up with the high September heat and humidity. Overall we will stay here again when we are doing a budget trip. The location and price of this hotel are excellent and are the main reason to stay here.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank zman96
Reviewed 29 October 2011

We started staying at the Vista del Mar years ago because of the location. We could walk to our dive shop as well as to most of the restaurants and shops and we had an ocean view. We continued to stay there because of the extremely hospitable staff who really want to make your stay as enjoyable as possible.

Room Tip: I like the ocean view side however if you're a light sleeper you do get a little street noise.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BpGPKS
Reviewed 3 October 2011

Originally I tried to book Hacienda San Miguel Hotel & Suites at the recommendation of my local dive shop, but the hotel manager switched my stay to Vista del Mar (owned by the same people, apparently I was the only one booked at Hacienda on my requested night!). I AM SO HAPPY THEY DID! From my first greeting by the staff, I knew this was going to be my new favorite place to stay on the island.

Good things about hotel:
1) Internet was flawless & fast. No issues.
2) Beautiful decor, nicely appointed rooms, great balconies
3) Welcome drink on arrival was a nice touch, continental breakfast included
4) Location was awesome-walk to everything, great ocean views and right in the heart of the action
5) Nice pool & pool area-water temperature comfortable
6) Friendliest staff ever! Every person I encountered seemed happy to help you with whatever you need
7) Air conditioning worked very well
8) PRICE-seriously, where can you get all this for $60-90/night depending on what & when you book?

Recommendations for improvement:
Not much. The only thing I noted was that the mattress was very firm, but that might be to many travelers' taste.

LOVE VISTA DEL MAR! Thanks for an amazing stay, will see you again!

Room Tip: Higher floors have better views, but if you're diving & do not want to carry gear up stairs...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo