“Best Diving Ever !!!!”

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Best Diving Ever !!!!”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Yes maybe there is a bit of transitional confusion but none that I noticed. Normal for when businesses change hands. The dive guides were great! Very friendly and helpful. We are going back in August.

KG in Vero Beach, FL.

Los Angeles, California
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 57 helpful votes
“Great dive experience and wonderful crews”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We were staying at the Cozumel Palace hotel / resort and the dive shop is located in the hotel. The staff was professional and very helpful. As I only planned on diving a few dives I did not take much of my own equipment. The equipment I used from there shop was in fine working order and performed very well. I went on a total of 3 dives with them. The first day was a 2-tank dive, first to Palancar Reef/Caves and the second dive at Cedar Pass. The first boat I went out on was Ocean Three. The crew was great with there knowledge, experience and helpfulness. The dives were outstanding. Palancar was simply beautiful. The water was warm (85F +/-), pretty calm and clear for 50-60'. With the caves and outstanding reef, there was an abundance of sea life, including nurse sharks, turtles, eels, spotted rays, a barracuda, and every tropical fish you could imagine. The second dive a few days later was on Ocean One and we went to Paradise Reef. The crew was equally good. This dive was a little more special to me as I got to dive with my youngest daughter on her first scuba dive. This reef is fairly close to where most of the cruise ships dock and only 30' or so deep. It was a combination of reef and sand, again with warm (85F +/-) and clear water for 50-60'. This dive was a drift dive going with the gentle current. Again there was an abundance of sea life to see and enjoy. The crews on both dives assisted everyone on board in anyway necessary with their equipment. They provided cold fresh bottled water to drink and had sliced watermelon and bananas to enjoy. There knowledge of the areas was excellent. All three dives were a great experience! I was able to use my resort credits to pay for the dives, but looking at the pricing, it was very reasonable.

1 Thank smckowan
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Great week of diving”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We had a group of four diving for a week and Aqua Safari (downtown) took care of our every need. They picked us up every day at the Park Royal pier on time. Every dive master and crew member did everything they could to make your diving experience a good one, without disregarding safety of course. When we go back to Cozumel, we will dive with Aqua Safari again.

Tampa, Florida
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“A recipe for failure”
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Aqua Safari under new owners will be out of business if serious problems are not addressed soon.
Poor attitude by mgmt
Lack of any organizational skills
Mass confusion in mornings over who goes out on which boat and staff assignments
Mgmt not present most days at AS dive shop
Continually violating diver and port protocols by having up to 12 people with one DM
Old worn slow boats.
The saving grace is a friendly caring staff who seems just as frustrated as I am.However as they move on ,as several already have that will close the curtain on Aqua Safari as we all knew it. Jh

5 Thank Joe H
Pleasant Grove, Utah
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great Dive Shop!”
Reviewed 11 May 2014

Planning a trip to Cozumel to dive? Check out Aqua Safari! Very professional, safe and FUN! Gustavo, Miguel, Patricio, Freddy and the Captain were a great team on Ocean Three.

Visited April 2014