“Great refresher dive”

5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great refresher dive”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

If you have never done SCUBA or just haven't been in a while and need a refresher this is a great place to go. We booked through our cruise excursion and were not disappointed. The classroom portion was very thorough for beginners. Our guide Paco was very helpful during the dive. We were buddied up with a couple had had never dived before and he made them feel very comfortable. The conditions in the water the day we went weren't excellent but we still had a nice dive. We went to about 25 feet and saw plenty of reef fish. The Sunset Restaurant & Bar on the property was a good place to have a snack and cold beer after the dive. They had a photographer take pictures before the dive and a good one underwater. They don't bargain in the shop but the price was decent for 2 photos.

Visited July 2014

Napa, California
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Great Dive Masters”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

We booked an excursion through the Carnival Glory for the 2-tank dive with Sand Dollar. Our family of four had a wonderful experience with this dive operator. Our children were newly certified and this was their first dive in an ocean. One daughter really struggled and the dive master was incredible in helping her get adjusted and comfortable, taking the time necessary so she could enjoy the dive.

The dive sites chosen were beautiful. The dive master made sure that everyone was made aware of unique sea life in the area.

I would definitely recommend this excursion!

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Wanttotravelworld
Salt Lake City, Utah
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Sand Dollar Rip Off- Danger!!”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

We booked a two tank dive through Royal Caribbean in 2010. We are all open water divers. When we arrived we were taken past the nice looking gear in the front of their shop to the back of the shop where we were given ratty old suits which was practically worn out and old gear. We were then taken to the "dive" boat which was actually a tiny wooden fishing boat parked next to a beautiful dive boat (the boat we were led to believe we were hiring). All of us had faulty equipment. I had free flowing regulator. We had two life threatening experiences: One member of our group had an O-ring failure 85 feet down and had to make an emergency ascent. The second had her weight belt removed by the instructor who had just added air to her BCD which caused her to bolt to the surface. Royal Caribbean refunded our money. Avoid them at all costs- it could save your life!!

Visited July 2013
4 Thank Jeff B
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Almost ended my husband's life”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Worst diving experience of my life. We experienced a number of problems with Sand Dollar Sports (such as, but not limited to, having to stand in a line in the intense, direct sun for 25-30 mins to get equipment, no water or food onboard (they gave us one small bottle of water to take with us that was supposed to last the entire time). The boat was not very nice, and it was small (barely cleared the waterline). The worst problem was their old, poorly maintained equipment. All of us had leaky BCDs and of the 6 of us diving we had four other equipment problems, which the guides did not take seriously. My mom had a free flowing regulator, which the dive instructor "fixed" by kinking the hose and stuffing it into her BCD. The most serious problem was a regulator failure (primary and backup) at 85 feet, and my husband nearly drowned (on our honeymoon I might add). The dive master also pulled off my sister's weight belt at the safety stop, causing her to shoot to the surface like a cork. That could have caused serious injury as well. We booked through the cruise ship, thinking that would take the hassle and worry out of finding a good dive shop in Cozumel. We could not have been more wrong. I don't know where the $100+ USD/person they are charging is going, but it's certainly not going to their boat or equipment. I hope things have changed since May 28, 2010, but if not beware. Avoid diving with Sand Dollar Sports if you possibly can. It's not worth your life.

Visited July 2013
2 Thank Jessica P
Vasco da Gama, India
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“SCUBA Open Water Diving course”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

I trained for my SCUBA open water Diving Course. Ernesto Martinez, diving instructor was fantastic as well Dani Alvarez the operations manager. Ernesto always made me feel comfortable in the water, passed on his wealth of knowledge and made each dive a fun and memorable experience

Visited April 2014