“a great place to unwind!”
Review of Coral Reef Inn

and 1 more site!
Coral Reef Inn
Ranked #7 of 25 Cozumel B&B and Inns
Reviewed 25 September 2012

...having just completed another wonderful visit at the Coral Reef Inn, I thought it worthwhile to write another review! The Inn is awesome, starting with the caretakers, Leona & Jerry, who are always there to answer a multitude of questions or to just visit with! The kitchen is open to the outdoors and is my favorite place to hang out. Located on the top floor, overlooking the Corpus Christie Church & the park. I used it mainly for smoothies for breakfast or frying up some fish filets purchased from one of the two grocery stores, only a few blocks away! This last trip was a bit out of character for me as the main reason for the trip was to get some much needed dental care. Having asked Jerry/Leona for a reference, to guide me in the right direction for the dental work needed, they recommended a totally sweetheart of a dentist by the name of Dra. Alejandra Novoa Carus. Initially, I was a bit worried. This womans freindly, but very professional demeanor had me feeling relaxed in no time! ..another plus, outside of the cost savings, was that she was located fairly close to the Coral Reef Inn. In the area where I live in the states, $50.00 tooth extractions & $200.00 root canals are not offered anymore. ... so I have improvised & so far all has been good! I can't wait to visit Cozumel again, lol, especially since Jerry was kind enough to store all of my dive gear! ...saving my lugging it back to the states! Next trip, I plan on getting some diving in!! ..and then the dental work.

Room Tip: the rooms on the 2nd & 3rd floors have better internet reception..
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Harley M

Reviewed 7 May 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Corral Reef Inn during our March 2012 Dive Trip. The people who owned the place were very nice and accomodating from the moment I spoke to them on the phone the very first time.

Pros: Nice and Quiet, full kitchen and utensils upstairs, nice a/c in the rooms, very close to the grocery store and the ocean, safe neighborhood, and they even drove us over to the dive shop to drop off our dive gear the first day, and gave us a ride to the airport on the last day.
Their place was so relaxing, we will definitely be staying there again.

Cons: The only draw back was we were not prepared for the 30 minute walk to our dive shop. We made sure to ask how long the walk was to and from the Blue Angel Dive shop and we were not given the correct time. We were told it would be a 15 to 20 minute walk, but it took us 30 minutes....and I'm a very fast walker! This doesn't seem like a big deal, but we were walking it every morning around 7:30 am and back every afternoon around 1 pm. It definitely took a toll on us and we are only 31! Especially when we had to do it twice in one day. Eventually, our dive instructor felt sorry for us and started picking us up on his way to work in the morning. Other than that, it was great. Just prepare yourself if you are diving from Blue Angel that it is a hike in the sun!

Room Tip: Stay on the 2nd floor if you are going to be using the kitchen.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cfm11205
Reviewed 21 April 2012

This was our 2nd stay at the Coral Reef Inn and it was just as great as our 1st stay. We have stayed in Room #5 both times. Very clean and nicely decorated. This visit we utilized the 3rd floor outdoor kitchen for the majority of our meals. It is a little walk from the beach but we are able to store our gear at the Hotel Barracuda. And then after our last dive, the Coral Reef Inn provides a dunk tank for cleaning of gear. You cannot go wrong staying here. We are divers so don't need/want a pool. We love that it is so private and peaceful. Leona and Jerry are great hosts....they give you as much space as you need but are always there to answer any questions. We are already looking forward to our next trip back to the Coral Reef Inn and diving in Cozumel.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sirsmokeyjoe
Reviewed 18 March 2012

It's my 3rd time stay here for a weeklong dive trip in March. I felt it's my home in Cozumel now. I've been staying in other B&Bs in Cozumel before, when comparing to the nice quiet local neighbourhood, the overall tidiness & cleanliness of the inn & rooms, great water pressure of shower, & its conveninet location to supermarkets & dining places; Coral Reefs Inn always my 1st choice.

As a solo traveler, I often walked/biked around Cozumel, eat out at night & felt very safe; even felt safer than in my hometown. I really love the laid back atmosphere of Cozumel & the contagious laughting of the islanders. Jerry & Leona were not just friendly but they always went out their way to help all the guests. Really looking forwrd to be back to Cozumel's crystal blue water & CRI.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Yummyyum_10
Reviewed 11 March 2012

My wife and I have just finished our 4th stay at the C.R.I. We love it there! Just 3 blocks from the grocery store and 6 blocks from Dive Paradise who we do all our diving with. We just leave our gear in a dive locker at the barracuda and walk back to the Inn for lunch after diving. The Inn has all the kitchen essentials you need to prepare your meals on the Roof top and has a great view of the city also. The 5 room Inn is quiet and relaxing with nice clean rooms including a great walk in shower and your own Fridge. The owners Leona and Jerry are top notch people who really care about your stay with them, and do everything they can to make it a good one. Very secure and up to date facility, Looking forward to our 5th stay in Feb. Would'nt stay anywhere else!

Room Tip: The 2nd floor rooms are the most conveinent access to the roof top kitchen area
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tmburkejr
Reviewed 28 February 2012

Quiet, convenient, relaxing and Great Hosts what more can I say; Third times a Charm !!
Even made more new life time friends up on the 3rd Floor patio, as well as renewing past friendships as there were a lot of repeat more than satisfied customers, I had met in the previous stays, from all over North America... Will be back again for sure.. Thanks for the Great Stay !!

Room Tip: All the rooms are Great !! I especailly love the 3rd Floor View etc...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank SimcoeOntarioElmoCat
Reviewed 18 February 2012

I just returned from another stay at the Coral Reef Inn. I meet my brother and his wife there every year, and yes we have already planned next years trip, while on the roof/ kitchen. Jerry and Leona make the property, being the consumate hosts and best of friends. Great friends were made over the years, all return guests. The Inn has great facilities for divers to clean and dry their gear. The rooms are clean and quiet, the Inn is in a great neighborhood and there is access to both major stores, and tons of local eateries, which have all been fantastic. We meet new friends there every year and I wish I could make a trip back sooner, Thanks again Jerry and Leona.

Room Tip: Room five is the only double room.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family