“Great Place to stay”

and 1 more site!
Coral Reef Inn
Ranked #7 of 25 Cozumel B&B and Inns
Reviewed 2 February 2007

We vactioned here for 2 months and it was fantastic. We have stayed at many of the other hotels in Cozumel and Coral Reef Inn is by far our favorite. It is an excellent place to stay for a short or extended vacation. The open-air kitchen on the upper level overlooking the neighborhood was fantastic. We were also close enough to the main square, resturaunts, and just minutes away from the grocery store. Scott and Cindy went out of their way to make us feel at home and our stay enjoyable. We are looking forward to going back again. Kathy and Mike

• Stayed: November 2006, travelled as a couple
2  Thank cookies3201

Reviewed 11 January 2007

What a great place to stay! The owners are very cool and laid back. They are there if you need them, but otherwise invisible. Although, do yourself a favor and be sure to let them know what you are looking for on the island. They will be sure to point you in the right direction.

This is virtually a brand new hotel. My friend and I stayed in the dual queen bed room. Very clean room and new comfortable beds. Lots of room to spread out in and modern fixtures in the immaculate bathrooms.

If you are looking for a small, low key, & comfortable place to stay, this is it. Very Diver friendly too!

• Stayed: December 2006, travelled with friends
4  Thank PeteSD
Reviewed 25 November 2006

This is why I am so glad I booked the Coral Reef Inn for a 2-week dive vacation in November, 2006:
* Scott's thoughtful, detailed emails wherein he addressed my questions and concerns; (I have never been to Cozumel but he took the time to guide me through things like the local dive op, logistical concerns, their location, scheduling, packaging/pricing)
*He picked me up at the airport; this is a real boost when you are a female, travelling solo to an unfamiliar location
*He helped me out with a "check out dive" on the afternoon of my arrival so I could work out kinks like how much weight to add and "is all my equipment functioning?"
*On my first evening in Cozumel enroute to the local grocery store, I was crossing the street when a motorcyclist failed to yield at a stop sign. He hit a bus, the bike and driver flew into the air and the driver decked me. The paramedics soon arrived to take us both to the hospital where I was treated for minor scrapes, cuts, abrasions. Scott followed the ambulance to the hospital and he stayed with me for the duration. He then made sure my prescriptions were filled and brought me back home to recuperate. I felt like one of my own dear, sweet brothers (I have 3) was close by to help me work through a difficult time. While I looked pretty beat up with cuts and bruises, it made for some interesting chats on the diveboat as I told people I got into a barroom brawl over the last corona!! (I don't even drink beer let alone hang out in bars)
*The accommodations were GREAT--lovely, large clean room; gorgeous ensuite bathroom; lots of comfortable lounge areas to enjoy the "sun" or "sombre"; big roomy open-concept kitchen on the top floor; nice collection of books available; excellent info on local restaurants including sample menus, directions, etc. The Coral Reef Inn is situated in a comfortable neighbourhood directly across from a beautiful old church. The grocery store is just a short walk (3, 4 minutes) and you can buy everything there. The dive op is close by, too, a short walk of maybe 8 minutes or, if you feel the need to take a taxi, $2.00. Being a female and travelling on my own, I always felt very safe wherever I walked.
*The local square in San Miguel is also the site for music on several evenings (Wed., Fri. and Sunday). I went there on 3 occasions and it was just delightful (great recommendation from Scott and Cindy)
*The diving in Cozumel is FAB; but the kindness and hospitality I received from Scott and Cindy was very, very special, indeed. Thank you both.
Mucho gracias,
Elaine

• Stayed: November 2006, travelled solo
7  Thank browneyedscubagirl
Reviewed 16 November 2006

Let me tell you something... this is one of the most memorable trips I've been on and I give most of the credit to Scott and Cindy at the Coral Reef Inn. From before we left home the hospitality started... this was my first trip to Cozumel... I knew nothing and Scott got us from the airport in Cancun to the inn like we were locals. He even called us by name when we rolled up. They took care of everything... even set up all of our dives. The Inn is wonderfully small (5 rooms) it's like you're staying at a friends house. The rooms are perfect... loved the showers and the beds. On the roof is an open air kitchen that everyone uses... and a rinse tank for your dive gear... how cool! They built the place themselves and didn't miss a thing. If you're fond of hanging out at the pool with a bunch of drunks find another place. But if you want a quiet place to relax between stellar dives... look no further!! The inn is a $2 taxi ride from everywhere... what a deal!! Sooo easy!! Scotts brother was in town while we were there and our last night we all stayed up late and got a little crazy ( really strengthened a father-son bond) unbelievable! That's the kind of hospitality I'm talking about. You don't find that at any price...just good people! I could go on and on... Thanks so much to Scott and Cindy. I can't wait to go back, no doubt where I'll stay. P.S. ask Scott for a ride in his pick-up! Loved it!!

• Stayed: October 2006, travelled with friends