“We'll be back!”
Review of Villa Aldora

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cozumel
Villa Aldora
Reviewed 31 December 2013

I agree with all the other positive comments on both Aldora's dive operation as well as their Villa. Top notch! From "Kay" handling reservations to "Brent and Debbie" managing the Villa....it doesn't get any better than this! Brent drove my wife to the doctor for a minor ear infection (a reasonable $60 doctor bill) and followed us to the airport for our departure because our rental car's tire had a fast leak (as well as filled the tire with air a couple times) The dive shop loaned us a nitrox computer at no charge. My booties were falling apart and they had a pair for me the next day on board the boat ....again at no charge. They were always asking if we needed anything.....even called us before we arrived from California to see if we had any questions. Always there if needed but never obtrusive.

While the trip to the most popular dive sites does take 30-45 minutes from the Villa, the extra time is worth it as they only use "Steel" tanks (80's, 100's & 120's) instead of aluminum. Our dives were all over 70 minutes (100's) and with the optional nitrox....it was awesome diving!

The 2 Dive Masters we used over the week were excellent. Edgar offers a more aggressive dive profile and he is very knowledgeable. He was very patient with both of us. We were very "rusty"as we had not been diving for some time plus we had some new equipment we were not very familiar with. Ali has more of a relaxed style and was great at finding the small critters. She and her boyfriend Juan even joined us for dinner one night. Very personable.

Thank you for a wonderful time! We are looking forward to diving with you for a month in January 2015.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 1 December 2013

Villa Aldora is my new favorite for diving in Cozumel. The whole process makes sense -- you first check in at the dive shop, hand them your gears, go to the villa, and next morning the boat comes to the villa with your gears. So easy... I could just get up, wash my face and go diving in the boat coming literally 10 steps away from my room. Every staff at the shop and villa is nice and casual, yet professional. The room is equipped with everything I needed and beyond: a big fridge and full kitchen, plenty of purified water, a phone you can use to call US for free. I cannot imagine a better place to stay for diving. I saw someone mentioned about the cost, but I didn't see that much difference. It actually seems very reasonable for the level of comfort I get from the place.

Room Tip: Stayed at Barracuda room, where I could hear the gentle sound of waves at night. Very peaceful. Ther...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank localhost8
Reviewed 27 November 2013

Everyone at the Villa was extremely helpful and they cared if you had a good time. Aldora divers is the same way. Everyone seemed to get the dive site they wanted. The shore diving is excellent also, its like a mini reef with everything in its juvenile state.

Room Tip: its personal preference really, they seem to have a good variety to suit most needs.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 October 2013

We dove out of Aldora. Debbie was so helpful , she went out of her way to help us and make our dive trip awesome. We so appreciated her time and advice. The Ville is always sparkling clean and friendly staff.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 September 2013

the rooms are very clean and spacious . shore diving is extremely easy and nice. the staff are all very accommodating with anything we've needed. free wifi is great. not close to town , but we've never waited for a taxis more than 5-6 minutes when we need to go

Room Tip: we enjoy the big family room called the Cameron room
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 September 2013

This is a joint review of the Villa and Aldora Divers:

Our group of friends has been diving in Cozumel many times over the last 7 years. This is definitely one of the greatest experiences we've had diving and staying on the island. My experience was so overwhelmingly positive, I feel like I should give the two caveats first:

1) Everyone I dealt with here (at both the Villa and dive shop) were amazingly friendly, accommodating, and professional. We would even hang out with others, and some of their neighbors, at the Villa after the dive. The sole exception was Edgar - he was impatient, condescending, and subtly mocked some of the divers. Everything else was so great, I don't want to downgrade my review just for his behavior - but I would avoid him if booking there.
2) They would be great for beginning divers, but more experienced divers will probably get even more out of the experience. For example, diving with Steel 120s means extremely long dive times, but you will be carrying little ditchable weight.

I will ALWAYS try to book with Aldora first when we return to Cozumel. I don't know anywhere else in the region where you regularly have 75 minute dives and a professional staff that caters to every need and is willing to go to any site on the island - even some unique ones not visited by other shops. This experience is further enhanced by staying at the Villa. They have a variety of rooms to suit any size group - from individuals to families that need multiple accommodations and kitchens. The saltwater infinity pool there is excellent for relaxing in the afternoon. It is personal enough that when I arrived I was greeted by name. They keep extra tanks and weights at the Villa, so if you want to do a free night dive or afternoon shore dive you can just jump in and enjoy the excellent reef full of life right in front of the villa. Plus, it is close enough to town to easily right one of the bicycles they provide (again, with no charge) into town for dinner. And the dive boat usually picks you up at your front door every morning. It doesn't get much better than that!

I can't recommend Aldora highly enough, and am looking forward to diving with them and to staying with the excellent hosts at the Villa again!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Painiac
Reviewed 2 September 2013

This was my second time. There are several sizes and types of accomodations at Villa Aldora. From small one room hotel type room to two story suites.
Both of my trips, I stayed in the Baracuda Suite. This comes with two beds a sitting area, breakfast area (table chairs) and a full size equiped kitcken.
When we arrived there was a kind and small twin bed. The changed the twin out for a nice queen size bed.
There is wifi throughout the Villa and each room has an Internet phone for free calls to the US and Canada.
The Baracuda Suite has a small balcony that is nice to sit and read.
If you are diving and using Aldora Divers, they will normally pick you up at the dock which is literally steps from the room. Should they be using their big boat (Falicity), then you will be taken to town and picked back up or you take a taxi and they pay for the ride.
On arrival, you have to take a shuttle unless you want to walk off the airport property. Taxis can take you to the airport, but can not pick you up at the airport.
When we arrived, Brent (manager) met us, showed us to our rooms, and then took us to town for the diving paperwork. Then he took us to the super market so we could stock up on food and drinks.
There is also diving at the Villa. They keep tanks and weigts there. It is only 12 or so feet, but worth a short dive and a fun place for a night dive. Not spectacular, but easy and lots of critters.
The Villa is about 1.5 miles from town. Taxi rides are $4 - $5 per taxi not per person.
Overall, I will stay here again next trip to Cozumel.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends