“An amazing place to stay in beautiful Cozumel”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

French first
Any
A TripAdvisor Member
“An amazing place to stay in beautiful Cozumel”
Reviewed 21 August 2016 for a stay in August 2016
person found this review helpful

My husband and I wanted to take our two college students to Mexico before the start of the new school year. The kids each invited a friend to join us. At the last minute, my husband was called away on business and was not able to join us. So, off to Mexico I went ( for my first time, not speaking any Spanish) with 4 young adults. The house was just perfect! Marco greeted us as soon as we arrived and immediately recommended restaurants (and called to set up reservations with wonderful balcony seating) and helped us get orientated. The house was more beautiful than we expected. We especially loved the courtyard and pool. The entire house was open, airy and clean. The bedrooms were spacious and had air conditioning. The third bedroom was a private guest house which was really nice. The hospitality and the home were something you cannot get from a hotel. We were able to hangout all together in the living areas and outside courtyard, make blender drinks in the kitchen, and make breakfast with local breads from the market. So much better than hotel rooms. We rented a car and it was easy access to all the day trips we took. I can't wait to go back with couples.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The courtyard and pool
Liked least: It was August and really hot. Central air conditioning would have been a nice luxury.
Travelling group: Teenagers
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
DooleyDog...
San Pedro, Belize
“Perfect in Every Way!”
Reviewed 27 June 2016 for a stay in June 2016
people found this review helpful

This rental home is amazing. We came to Cozumel to explore the island, but found it difficult to leave the pool/courtyard of this home. It's in a perfect location so you can walk everywhere in town. We had the most relaxing time in this home and are already thinking about when we can return.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The courtyard/pool and location.
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Union City, California
Reviewed 15 June 2016 for a stay in June 2016

Travelling group: Extended Family
Lee I
New Orleans, Louisiana, United States
“What a comfortable week we had!”
Reviewed 16 November 2015 for a stay in November 2015
people found this review helpful

I visit Cozumel at least once a year, and I generally stay at a different place each time I come. Next year, I'll be back to The House of Mirrors, and let Marco take care of my group. First, Marco was the most gracious host: he greeted us upon arrival, showed us his fabulous artwork, gave us the grand tour of the house, gave us great recommendations on restaurants, and shared his cell phone in case we needed him. The house itself is perfect if you are a diver, and would rather spend your money on a private oasis four blocks from the heart of downtown than on a view of the Caribbean and a long drive to town. For us, the decision was easy: since we spent all morning diving, we had had enough of the ocean, so we enjoyed a private pool, spacious house and gardens, total privacy, and his complementary wine, fruit, and juices. There are about 20 restaurants in easy walking distance. Try Casa Denis and ask for Martin! During our seven day stay, they cleaned the house 3 times, and the pool and gardens at least 5. Thanks, Marco for a delightful time!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: privacy, space, easy access to town.
Liked least: nothing!
Travelling group: Friends
Friends getaway
Management Response
18 Nov 2015
Dear Lee, thank you indeed for your review, I really appreciate it. I also keep good memories of you, mainly, and I do hope to host you again during your forthcoming trip. I will prepare a special dinner for you next time.
Best regards to you Gayle and the guys. Best luck in all you do.
Sincerely.
Marco
Nancy Y
Brooklyn, New York
“Here's what I DON'T WANT YOU TO KNOW about House of Mirrors!!!!”
Reviewed 10 November 2015 for a stay in October 2015
people found this review helpful

If I tell the truth about this property, it will be so booked that I'll never be able to come back! So here's what I don't want you to know:
1. The property is as gorgeous (and then some) as it seems in the photo.
2. The owner Marco is a gracious and generous host.
3. The pool is delicious... not heated? who cares? It's HOT there!!!
4. The artwork throughout the grounds (and in the house) is fascinating.
5. The house itself is lovely. Interesting architecture!!
6. The location is phenomenal! Yes, we rented a car, but hardly used it. From the house, we could easily walk anywhere in the downtown area.
7. The grounds are very private... the only visitors were friendly, papaya-eating turtles.
8. There's a lot to do on Cozumel, but if you never leave the property, that's a great, peaceful vacation, too!
9. Did I mention the hammocks, that make you feel like you're floating?
10. The property (grounds and house) are immaculate and inviting.

So you see, if I tell you all that, you're going to want to make a reservation and stay at House of Mirrors. And if everyone does that, how will we be able to come back (which we most certainly want to do!!!)????

Liked best: Arriving
Liked least: Leaving
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 50-64
Friends getaway
Management Response
13 Nov 2015
Dear Nancy,
thank you indeed for your review, so smart and fun!!, I really enjoyed it and am sure it will be benefitial for my property, I deeply appreciate it.

How did you find everything going back home?; I hope you are again in full control of your house and business. Please say hello to Norman and you take good care of yourself.

Fondly

Marco
5LISAM196...
Covington, Louisiana
“My family and I had a great time at Marco's "one of a kind" home!”
Reviewed 30 July 2015 for a stay in June 2015
person found this review helpful

My family of 5 stayed at The House of Mirrors June 10, 2015 for 3 nights. It was an excellent stay and Marco was a wonderful host. When we arrived in Cozumel he was at the house waiting for us and showed us around and answered questions. He recommended several wonderful places to eat both tasty and economical. We visited several of them and they were indeed wonderful and helped to make our stay memorable. Marco also suggested some places for us to go snorkeling and around town. Marco even helped us coordinate our departure via ferry as the day was very rainy and helped me make a reservation over the phone. The house and grounds are very beautiful and unique, I am so glad to have stayed here. Two very spacious bedrooms on the 2nd floor with plenty of storage and balconies each with there own bathroom and a bungalow with its own bathroom. The pool and outdoor shower is also beautiful and such a nice addition to our stay. This house is a great value and is within walking distance to the town square. Hope to see you again Marco and thanks!

Travelling group: Teenagers
Your age range 35-49
Cozumel, Mexico
Reviewed 29 April 2015 for a stay in April 2015

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Marco! And of course the house that shows a real sense of a value for architecture.
Liked least: A dog that I heard barking in the neighborhood...typical of all Cozumel neighborhood.
Travelling group: Extended Family
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups People with pets
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing