Royal Level at Occidental Cozumel
Allegro Cozumel(Cozumel)
US$140
US$136
  • Pool
Coral Princess Golf & Dive Resort(Cozumel)(Great Value!)
US$176
US$118
Cozumel Palace(Cozumel)
US$504
US$454
All reviewsthe royal club restaurantla carretaprivate restaurantresident barracudaquiet poolspecialty restaurantsworth the upgradelate night pizzadive shopbeach restaurantfishtime sharesonora grillmain buffetoccidental cozumelregular roomdive sites
Reviewed 2 July 2013

It was our fourth visit to the OGC and I can honestly say that the Royal Club section is a Hotel of its own.
la Carretta restaurant was heaven to us every morning and every night of the week. This place is so relaxing, well managed and the lady chef is quite extraordinary. keep up the good work!
The rooms needs an overhaul but they are always kept very clean.
The grounds are kept in pristine conditions
The pools are clean and well located on the resort
The Royal Club people are simply the best. I will name a few that made our stay memorable: They are Nelly, the RC Manager, Rogelio, Adrian,Thomas, Arturo and Nelly. Dedicated and always smilling even though they work unending hours. They all get a '10'

My wife and I got the massage on the beach from The SPA ladies. My stress and back pain disappeared the next day, they are very professional and skilled at what they do. I would strongly recommend to see them early in the week so you enjoy the rest of the week feeling a whole lot better than when you came in.

I'm a diver, so for me this resort is the best location on the Island, close to the Palancar reef. Its awsome team of Dive Palancar, Divemasters and crew members will make your diving trip simply memorable. Carlos at the Dive shop, always ready, in charge and smily, Gorge, Gustavo, Lobo, Ramiro, Oswaldo who made professional diving at the OGC something you cannot forget. Palancar Gardens is the best dive that I have done so far. I am a Divemaster myself in Canada, I know how professional they are. Don't hesitate to try on and discover Scuba Diving. You'll never be the same after....its a promise!

We just can't wait to go back to the OGC.

Thank you for having us again on your beautiful Island

'Felipe'

Room Tip: we have stayed in the two different buildings of the Royal Club and both are excellent locations.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Plancaraddict
Reviewed 17 June 2013

We’ve just returned home from a week’s stay at the Occidental Grand Cozumel Royal Club and would like to share certain aspects of our experience with those of you who might be considering the OGC Royal Club as your next holiday destination. While we did, upon arrival meet with a booking / accommodation snafu, the problem was quickly resolved by Marcela Gomés, the Operations Manager who, with a great deal of understanding and professionalism, resolved the situation by assigning us to lodging that, by far, surpassed our expectations. Kudos to this wonderful woman who was instrumental in making our stay at this resort a memorable one.

It took us little time to fully realize that the small supplement for the upgrade from the regular OGC to the OGC Royal Club was well worth it. Since the Club is small, it allows for personal service and attention. No need for special bracelets there. You truly feel as a guest at the Club and people greet you by your name. From one day to the next, the waiters at the Club’s restaurant remember your preferences and litterally go out of their way to please you. Even ask for something that’s not on the menu and they’ll prepare it for you. That, to me, is what the Club is all about: you’re not just a room number or an individual with a certain coloured bracelet. You’re a guest!

A few times during our stay, we ventured out of the “reservation” and tried some of the specialties restaurants and were pleasantly surprised. Both The Senora and Los Olives
restaurants proved to be up to the task of meeting the expectations of an international clientèle, and we found the waiters to be both attentive and knowledgeable. The food wasn’t bad either!

The only disappointment we came across was at the buffet La Poseda. This restaurant is not part of the Club and belongs to OGC. This is not a friendly place. The greetings are cold and mechanical. The air conditioning is insufficient. The food choices are very limited. Even the lighting is inadequate. This is not a place where you want to linger for any length of time. You eat and out you go. It’s a shame that management turns a blind eye to this sore spot in an otherwise pretty fabulous place.

The Mexican hacieda architecture is wonderful and the various areas on the property are spotlessly clean. Here, I’d like to express heartfelt kudos to the great unsung heros of this resort: the gardeners and groundskeepers. Thanks to them, you feel as if you were in a well tended botanical garden: the lawns are manicured and the trees and shrubs are of gigantic proportions, quite an unforgettable sight for Northerners like ourselves.

My wife and I would return there in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank andred846
Reviewed 4 June 2013

After an air conditioner issue in the standard room, we bumped up to the Royal Club. This was absolutely the best decision! Margarita and Monica at the concierge desk were incredible. They always greeted you with a smile and seemed eager accommodate our every need. Tomas and Adrian at La Carreta made each meal a spectacular event with the presentation of incredible food. I am allergic to dairy and they made every attempt to accommodate that. When you stay at the Royal Club you gain the concierge service, wi fi, an additional restaurant, and an additional pool.

The spa was a delight. It was small but very efficient and clean. Erika was an absolute sweetheart as well an incredible massage therapist. The aromatherapy massage I received was one of the best experiences that I have had. It was relaxing and therapeutic.

We also dined at the Mediterranean restaurant, Mexican restaurant, the pizzeria, and the beach buffet. The staff work very hard to make your vacation enjoyable.

The beach and pools were clean and well maintained. However, I think their pool bar is understaffed. The mixologist works very hard and is very gifted but frequently had a 10 minute wait in line for a cocktail. It was also a real treat to snorkel from the beach and see a wide variety of fish as well as Lola, the resident barracuda. I had read about her online but seeing her in person was a fantastic experience.

One night we walked down the beach to enjoy a seafood dinner at Alberto's. They had a live band the night we were there. Our group had a great time, a phenomenal dinner, and no one left thirsty. The Mango Margarita was a dessert in a cup!

This was our 3rd visit to Cozumel, the first to Occidental Grand Royal Club. I hope to return to the Royal Club. I love Cozumel and I love the people of Cozumel! Everyone was very eager to make our vacation a wonderful experience.

3  Thank gina s
Reviewed 4 June 2013

So this is now our 4th stay at the Royal Club. As usual, we had a wonderful vacation. As mentioned in some of the previous reviews, there are some areas that the hotel could improve on. I will list these at the end of this review. However, the reason I give this resort 5 stars is because of the incredible staff, especially at the Royal Club, but also the rest of the resort. Monica at the concierge desk was wonderful as was the entire staff at the Royal Club restaurant. Always greeted with a smile and hola. It was my wife's birthday and they made a special dinner for us. It was very much appreciated.

This year I found the food to be better than in the previous years. The Royal Club meals were excellent. Impeccable service. The other restaurants were not quite as good (which is one of the reasons we stay at the Royal Club), but still an enjoyable meal. We even had a couple good meals at the buffet. And as always, we really enjoyed the lunches (and margaritas) at the beach restaurant after a morning of diving. Usually a choice of beef, chicken, and fish, along with salad and fresh fruit.

Some improvements I would like to see:
1. Update or repair air conditioning - a bit loud in the rooms
2. Turn up air conditioning in dining rooms for evening meals.
3. Don't subject us to time share people as soon as we arrive.

We will be back for number 5!!!

3  Thank Alangood
Reviewed 21 May 2013

My husband and I just returned from one week at the Royal Club at the Occidental Grand Cozumel. We loved every minute of it. Upon arrival, we were immediately taken by cart to the Royal Club where our check in was processed quickly and efficiently. We thoroughly enjoyed the proximity to the pool and the beach as well as the exclusive restaurant.

Special thanks to Monica at the concierge desk and to Tomas and Adrian at La Carreta and to the cleaning lady in building 21 (unfortunately, I don't know her name). They all provided outstanding service, always pleasant and professional.

This was our second visit to the Occidental Grand and we will definitely return.

1  Thank harmonyandserenity