Villa Zaztun
US$379
US$248
Bookit.com
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Cozumel and Resort(Cozumel)
US$105
Allegro Cozumel(Cozumel)
US$148
US$136
  • Pool
Casa Mexicana Cozumel(Cozumel)(Great Value!)
US$120
US$100
Hotels.com
US$231
US$190
Cozumel Palace(Cozumel)
US$456
Bookit.com
Blue Angel Resort(Cozumel)(Great Value!)
US$137
Hotels.com
US$384
US$266
Priceline
US$196
Priceline
  • Pool
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 March 2011

I enjoyed staying at the villa Zaztun. The room was spacious , clean and had everything that I needed. It is very centrally located . Sarah and Tommy are very friendly and helpful. I enjoyed meeting them and their knowledge of Cozumel was very helpful.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank drpatb
Reviewed 28 February 2011

Sarah and Tommie are very welcoming, informative, caring, hosts. The lab dogs are sweet and so is the little garden in the front.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 December 2010

We traveled to Cozumel over US Thanksgiving for a dive vacation, family visit. Myself and a friend of my sisters were coming from Ontario, my dad from Dominica, West Indies and my sister from Seattle Washington.

The trip was originally planed for just my sister and I but there was a chance Dad would join us so we chose Villa Zaztun for its economy and flexibility. There are 2 queen size beds in the apartment we rented plus a single foam futon couch in the living room with a pull out single foam trundle underneath. It was perfect as we each had our own bed, but if it had been just my sister and I it would still have been very affordable. Personally I found the beds firmer than I like, but Dad thought they were just perfect.

The proximity to the Chedraui was beyond perfect. Just 3 short blocks away from everything we could want. Cheap beers, fresh ripe avocados and lime for Guacamole, fresh bread, tortilla and pasties for breakfast. Mmmmm. We were able to walk to many great restaurants and avoid the commercialism of the main drag which is very much designed to cater to the cruise boat passengers.

Tommy and Sarah were greatly helpful and Lilly and Al were great house dogs. Friendly, but if you didn't go out of your way to interact with them, they left you alone too. The maid service was impeccable too.

There are 2 things I will mention for the benefit of future travelers. First, the water pressure was not strong and it did take a while for the shower to become hot as the water had to travel a fair distance. Second, when we first walked in or after being away and having the place closed up all day long, there was a bit of a musty smell. There are large sliding screened doors at the front and back of the apartment which provide a great cross breeze and within minutes the room was aired out and the smell totally unnoticeable. Neither of these was an issue in any way, for us, but I can see where it might bother some, so I mention it only as a warning to those that would consider their trip ruined if they didn't have an awesome shower.

There was air conditioning available, but I can't comment on it since we chose to use the ceiling fans and sliding doors instead. Sleeping was comfortable and even with the doors wide open at night, we weren't bothered by street noise. Oh, there was one rooster that we could hear each morning, but not even he could put a damper on what was a perfect vacation.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 July 2010

We have stayed here a number of times. This small 3 bedroom apartment building is located just a 15 to 20 minutes walk to the heart of San Miguel, 5 to 10 minutes to the two largest suppermarkets, and 10 minutes to a hotel where you can pick up your dive boat or spend an afternoon by the hotel pool and small sandy beach area.

The rooms are all one bedroom apartments with air conditioning in the bedrooms, full cooking facilities, Cable TV, Free WIFI connection and there is a palapa on the roof ewhere you can relax in a hammock, cook a steak on the barbeque or watch the sun go down.

Your great hosts Tommy and Sarah, who have lived on Cozumel for a number of years, can provide you with local insight into local attractions, diving, sailing, fishing, shopping, dining, or where to head out to one of the islands beaches for snorkelling or just relaxing in the sun.

Overall a great alternative to large scale hotels where you can sit back and relax as if you were at home.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 June 2010

My husband and I went to Cozumel March 26 - April 6 of this year to scuba dive. While there we visited Chankanaab park and many of the beaches besides diving.
Our villa is located conveniently close to the downtown area, the local grocery stores and shops.
Villa Zaztun is a cozy place with 4 condos all independent of each other. They are 1 bedroom suites pleasantly decorated with local art with a full kitchen, bathroom, and air conditioning. We made our own meals so it was perfect being walking distance to the grocery stores and other small shops.
It is also close to one of the town squares where many of the local events are planned in the evenings. it is a reasonable walk to the downtown core where the main town square, ferry terminal and many great restaurants are located.
Tommy and Sara are wonderful hosts that make their guests feel right at home. They are very accommodating and will help with any questions you may have, calling a cab, or recommending the good places to eat or shop that tourists don't always know about.
They have 2 fabulous dogs that are sweet and lovable. But if you arent a dog person they wont bother you at all. We will definitely stay at Villa Zaztun the next time we are in Cozumel.