“One off the bucket list”
Review of Dolphinaris

Dolphinaris
Ranked #30 of 164 things to do in Cozumel
More attraction details
Owner description: Dolphinaris Cozumel has a privileged location within the pristine waters of the Mexican Caribbean's heart; you will be able to enjoy a magical dolphin swimming with a tailor made ALL-INCLUSIVE service. The architecture of this dolphinarium is inspired in a fishermen village and has a design that, aside of being one of the most beautiful around the world, provides an ample home for dolphins where they can spaciously unwind during their dolphin encounter with our visitors. Visit us and experience the thrill of being propelled by a dolphin on top of the water surface and observe how they communicate; have magical moments in one of the most beautiful natural locations that only the Mexican Caribbean can offer! Swim with dolphins and enjoy in Dolphinaris Cozumel this lifetime experience that you can share with family and friends!
Reviewed 20 June 2014

What a great experience!! Well worth the money. I would definitely do it again. Crossed one off my bucket list.

DOLPHINARIS, Community Team at Dolphinaris, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Dear visitor,

Thank you for your feedback and visit. We are happy to hear that we could be a part of your bucket list and that you had such an amazing time. Swimming with dolphins is definitely something everyone will remember forever.

We invite you to visit our live chat thru our website for the future.

Thank you for choosing Dolphinaris.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,490)
All reviews
in 27 reviews
"included lunch"
in 18 reviews

Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

We visited during out Disney cruise in June. I booked through Dolphinaris website and saved a ton of money. We had a reserved dolphin swim time of 11:00. We walked from the ship (less than 15 minutes) and arrived at 10:45ish. I thought it was very organized for the amount of people that they need to get into groups. The problem is most people don't listen and therefore slow up the process.

My family was in the water by 11:30. They loved the time they had with the dolphins and never felt rushed.

We did buy some pictures and the DVD for a much lower rate than listed. The DVD isn't top quality but there is a lot of good footage on it.

There are 2 eating areas. Do not stop at the first one. There is so much more room at the second restaurant located down the stairs and around the corner. They both have the same food. The food is not gourmet-nuggets, fries, hot dogs. And I mostly saw kids eating it. I only had popcorn. There is also a self serve soda machine at the second restaurant so no need to wait at the bar for a soda. The bar was never crowded while we were there.

I had to purchase an observer ticket which unfortunately was a waste for me. I was too far to take pictures of my family. Observers sit where the first restaurant is. It all depends on where your family ends up whether or not you will be able to get pictures of them.

My tips-
-Book on your own if possible and save that extra money for pictures
-book for an early time-less crowded
-sign up for snorkeling early. You can sign up for a later time and be at the podium to keep them on time. I signed my family up for the 12:30 snorkeling and it worked perfectly.

We did not do the kayaking or paddle boarding but you should sign up for those too so you aren't sitting around waiting.

6  Thank jenbudd

Dear visitor,

Dolphinaris appreciates your feedback about your experiences while at our facilities. Your comments help us to improve our services. We are also happy to hear you and your family had a wonderful time with the dolphins. Our goal is for our guests to have the upmost experience, education and activities with the dolphins. We want you to go back home and tell all your friends and family members about us.

We invite you to visit us again in the future and maybe at one of our other facilities.

Thank you for choosing Dolphinaris and please come again.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

there are 2 dolphin experience places in Cozumel, this one and one in Chankanaab park. I luckily got this one 'on sale' Free upgrade and 30% off. $210 for 4 of isn't bad. Then I got a shock once we got there, free open bar and buffet lunch included! you cant take any cameras in pool with you, so they got you there. I ended up with all photos and the video for $145, since I saved $200 on coming here over chankanaab park, WTH. I was planning on going to chankanaab park for the rest of the day since our 9:30 ride would be done early. I didn't need to! Dolphinaris has a small snorkeling, kayak and SUP area for $15/. After lunch and snorkeling(very basic) we got drinks(free) and left to go shopping before ship left. Dolphinaris is $8 cab ride from cruise ship port great first time in Cozumel...I'd recommend doing this first thing in morning.

1  Thank Bryan B

Dear visitor,

We are happy to hear you enjoyed your time at our facilities and that we could be a part of it. Swimming with the dolphins is something everyone should do at least once in their life. It is a beautiful thing to touch and interactive with these intelligent mammals. Dolphinaris is delighted that you shared this special moment with us.

Dolphinaris invites all our guests to contact our live chat in order to receive the latest promotions and also to recommend the best program to suit you and your family. Our website prices are the cheapest in the area.

Thank you for your visit and please come again.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

We booked through our Norwegian Cruise and paid $150 each for all inclusive. It was spring break and you could not have fit one more person into the place. There were groups waiting everywhere, the lockers were all full, the buffet empty, and long lines at the bar. After a 1 1/2 hour wait we finally got into the water and they were moving people through so fast that we were with the dolphins a total of 15 minutes. All for a 10 second ride which I admit was very fun and a real rush. That's the only reason I rated this poor instead of terrible. I really can't fully explain what chaos there was in and around the place including the wait for transportation back. It ruined our whole day!

1  Thank John P

Dear visitor,

We appreciate your visit and feedback about your experiences while at our facilities. Your comments help us to improve our services. Dolphinaris sincerely apologizes that you did not have a good time while here and that we were crowded. We are currently working to improve this aspect of our facilities in becoming more efficient and organized to make the experience more time effective and the process smoother. Again we apologize and hope you give us another chance to show you what makes us #1.

Thank you for your visit.

See more reviews
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Myself (35) Wife (33), Son (7) and daughter (3) had the most amazing experience here. The amount of time you spend touching and being near the Dolphins is amazing. We booked it through our cruise ship however I'd recommend doing it directly through them in person at the port if you want to save some $$$. We did the all you can eat food and drinks (worst cheese burger I've ever had). I don't want to make this review long as I believe the pictures will better explain how amazing and happy we were. Go here, do it, you won't regret it!

Biggest tip on photos: If you like to handle you can get an amazing deal on photos and video.

6  Thank dgdeppen

Dear visitor,

Thank you for your visit and feedback about your time while at our facilities. Dolphinaris is happy to hear you and your family had such an amazing time here and that we could be a part of these unforgettable family memories.

We would like to invite you to visit our live chat thru our website in order to recommend the best program to suit you and your family and to receive the latest promotions.

Thank you for choosing Dolphinaris and please come again.