“AMAZING Dolphin Interaction & Swim! Read this to save $$$”

Dolphinaris Cozumel
Ranked #12 of 158 things to do in Cozumel
More attraction details
Owner description: Dolphinaris Cozumel has a privileged location within the pristine waters of the Mexican Caribbean's heart; you will be able to enjoy a magical dolphin swimming with a tailor made ALL-INCLUSIVE service. The architecture of this dolphinarium is inspired in a fishermen village and has a design that, aside of being one of the most beautiful around the world, provides an ample home for dolphins where they can spaciously unwind during their dolphin encounter with our visitors. Visit us and experience the thrill of being propelled by a dolphin on top of the water surface and observe how they communicate; have magical moments in one of the most beautiful natural locations that only the Mexican Caribbean can offer! Swim with dolphins and enjoy in Dolphinaris Cozumel this lifetime experience that you can share with family and friends!
Reviewed 12 August 2014

I want to begin by thanking other reviewers on Tripadvisor for helping me save money and hopefully I can help future readers save money on this activity. Book directly through Dolphinaris online to get the best prices! We were cruising on Carnival and I saw this listed in their shore excursions. When I read the reviews, I knew we wanted to do it and that booking directly would save us money. For 3 adults and 2 children, I paid $262.50 and was upgraded to the dolphin swim experience. Through Carnival, it was going to cost $589.95 and I am not sure that included the swim. WOW! That is some savings.
Now, about the experience...AWESOME! I have done a dolphin experience before and it was nothing like this it. It was basically "get by the dolphin, smile, click and move on!" This experience was about 40 minutes in the water with the dolphin and her baby. Yes, there were many photo ops, but there was a lot of interaction!!! Since we got the free upgrade to the dolphin swim/ride, we actually got to hold on to the dolphin and ride along while she swam. WARNING: I am 43 years old and in average shape and I found this pretty difficult. I advised my 67 year old mother not to do it, but my hubby and kids had fun. The wonderful guide let my mother do a different activity with the dolphin since she didn't do the ride. In addition to getting to touch, kiss, hug, swim with, and shake hands with the dolphin, the guide was super informative! She told us all about dolphins and let us ask as many questions as we wanted!
BONUS: The tour came with all an all-you-can-eat buffet and unlimited drinks (alcoholic, too). There was also snorkeling and kayaking available at no additional charge. I didn't realize this and, unfortunately, we didn't have enough time to snorkel or kayak. So...save time for these activities! They had snorkeling gear available, too!!!
The photos are expensive! But they will negotiate a little. I just look at it as a once in a lifetime kind of experience and figure I am helping the local economy. I gotta' have my photos!!! :)
If you are going to have a dolphin encounter, I would highly recommend Dolphinaris! What a wonderful experience!!!!

5  Thank Leslie R
DOLPHINARIS, Community Team at Dolphinaris Cozumel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Dear visitor,

Dolphinaris appreciates your feedback about your experiences at our facilities. Our unique programs are designed to give our guests the upmost time and activities with these amazing mammals. Our goal is for our guests to leave with unforgettable family memories.

We encourage all our visitors to check out our online booking to receive the best prices and latest discounts. Also check out our new prepaid photo packages for online booking only to save on your photo purchases.

Thank you for choosing Dolphinaris and please come again.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,409)

Reviewed 11 August 2014

Three of us went for a 30 min. dolphin encounter. We got to spend the whole time in the water with the dolphin and interact with her and her baby. We had a 10:00 reservation. The people that had later reservation were lining up 10+ to a group to get their time with the dolphin. our guide said that earlier is better because they get very busy as the day gets later

1  Thank William W
DOLPHINARIS, Community Team at Dolphinaris Cozumel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Dear writer,

We believe you have the wrong company as we do not have 30 minute dolphin swims. Dolphinaris would like to invite you to enjoy one of our wonderful 1 hour sessions with the dolphin, to receive the upmost activities, fun rides and learn about these unique mammals. Visit our live chat thru our website to recommend the best program for you and receive the latest promotions.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

We were in the water about 40 min with dolphins, had free buffet and open bar. Snorkling included. All together was there about 5 hours with minimal wait time. Could walk around and take pics watch dolphins....cons the photos of you with the dolpin are so ridiculous in price. It's like you are on a total high from the great day and get let down when you see the picture prices. Kinda sucks to end a perfect day that way.

Dear visitor,

Thank you for your visit and feedback about your experiences while at our facilities. Dolphinaris is happy to hear you and your family had a good time with the dolphins and that we could be a part of these unforgettable memories.

In regards to the photos, we are currently working on expanding our options for packages and prices for the photo to give our guests more options to choose from.

Thank you again for choosing Dolphinaris and please come again.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

The swim and ride at Dophinaris was an amazing experience! I booked online for $53. . The swim alone was was $75 but they had a promotion going on for 30% off with a FREE upgrade to be able to get a belly ride from the dolphin. . Look for online promotions from their website.

Dear visitor,

Our dolphins and swims are unique; we have a very professional staff to provide you the best time ever. It is a pleasure to give you a great time swimming with the dolphins.

Continue to check out our website for the latest promotions.

Thank you for your preference in Dolphinaris and come again.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

You must do this in your life time. Everyone has ample time to swim with the dolphins and take pictures. Don't be afraid, the dolphins make you smile and you won't want to leave!

Dear visitor,

Swimming at Dolphinaris is always a fantastic experience that everyone who comes is fascinated by these beautiful dolphins. All the activities have been designed carefully to enjoy a great time with the dolphins.

Thank you for choosing Dolphinaris.