“What a good surprise !!!”

Hotel La Casona Real
Ranked #37 of 52 Hotels in Cozumel
Reviewed 13 May 2013

My boyfriend and I had initially planned on staying just a few nights there because we feared the bad quality of the hotel due to the price compared to other places in Cozumel and what a surprise it was !!! The rooms are really nice and clean with A/C (a little improvement would be the bathrooms, which are a little old...), the swimming pool is huge and the service is top quality.The location is perfect to go anywhere down town on foot. In the end, we stayed for 6 days !!! Thanks a lot to the whole team, it was really great to stay there !

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Clem D

Reviewed 6 May 2013

Cozumel is an Island. Everything is expensive.
That's what I had gotten used to thinking, until I found this gem for an exceptionally low 650 pesos (50 US) a night.
The service is pleasant, the rooms are clean. The swimming pool is small, but hey, it's a swimming pool with a cozy garden area.
For some amazing reason, you can get here by walking straight down five blocks from the docks. I also appreciate that they are one of the growing number of water-conscious hotels that don't wash towels unless you leave them on the floor.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank alvaradodavide
Reviewed 24 April 2013

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Michael D
Reviewed 14 April 2013

My wife and I stayed for 3 days in this cozy hotel. The staff was very pleasant and we were able to speak some spanish with them. There was a coffee in the lobby in the morning were you could sit and watch San Miguel wake up. The bed was very comfortable. This is a real Mexican hotel
as it was 30 years ago with bright colors and and lots of character. I would recommend anyone that want to stay in the real Mexico

Room Tip: the rooms upstairs are very nice thats where we stayed
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 April 2013

I planned on staying there for a few days and see how it was, well after 4 days I decided to stay there for 3 more weeks. The hotel was clean, centrally located, great pool, great staff they took care of all the things I needed and had all the info I needed. The cost was very reasonable. There were several other people that stayed there for extended periods. I dont dive but there were several groups of divers thy hung there equipment near the pool to dry each day they wen,t out.

The only down side was the WIFI it worked okay in the lobby sometimes in my room and never by the pool.

They told me they were going to upgrade the WIFI to include the pool area.

I will be staying there again next year.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 March 2013

Once again myself and two other friends spent most of february 2013 at this hotel. We love to read the reviews of people that must live in a sterile capsule and expect the same as a two hundred night hotel from the less tan $50 a night one, We had three separate rooms and you will never find cleaner rooms. For the price you are within walking distance to the downtown plaza, shops and a large supermarket around the corner. A cab ride to the beaches Yes the water goes out for a few hours once in a while, bu from the cozumel city water system changing things not the hotel. The hotel employees are the best and the owners are the most wonderful people ive ever met in cozumel. If you want to enjoy cozumel, the cozumel way enjoy this small hotel. If not go to the all inclusive where my cousins stayed and had mold smell and cock rouches for $250 a night plus had to take a cab to town at night $16 each time. Remember cock rouches live anywhere especially where I live in Florida. Thank you La casona real for another great time in cozumel. Jim Bakos Florida

Room Tip: enjoy yourself as a local'
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank SMILEYJO
Reviewed 25 February 2013

My wife and I stayed here in February from the 9th to the 19th and we thought it was a nice place for the money. Our room was small but had a large walk-in shower we had a king size bed that wasn't to hard by mexican standards. There wasn't a lot of room for storage but we made do, if the closet had some extra hangers and more shelves that would alleviate the storage problem. The A.C. worked great and we didn't have any of the noise problems or hot water problems reported by other post on this sight. It has a great location if you want to be where the entertainment is it's only a 4 block walk to the main plaza.There is a full grocery store right around the corner where you can get just about anything you need it also has an ATM, also there is a money exchange and a Pemex gas station just down the street and vehicle parking right out front of the hotel. I guess my only disappointment with the hotel was the pool and I don't know if it was because of the time of year or if it just never gets enough sunlight but the water was so cold you couldn't get in it. Everyone that worked there made us feel right at home and were very friendly they also have a small resturant and bar but we didn't use it, probably would have if we could have used the pool. All in all it's a great place to stay if you like traveling on a budget as far as a place for kids I I'm not sure about that because of the pool situation because there's not much to do during the day except shopping so with out the pool the kids might be bored or the cold water might not bother them.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple