“GREAT sunsets!”

Bally Hoo Restaurant & Margaritas Bar
Ranked #15 of 201 Restaurants in Isla Mujeres
Price range: US$7 - US$15
Good for: Romantic, Cheap Eats, View, Local cuisine, Kids, Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Drinks, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: Located on the sea level in the unique blue-turquoise beaches in Isla Mujeres, Quintana Roo, Mexico. Come and enjoy with us for a healthy breakfast to a delicious dinner overlooking the sea. A place where you can enjoy our catch of the day, as well as our selection of steaks, famous margaritas Bally-Hoo and an extensive menu, from where you can find tickets to specialty dishes. Our experience supports us in service since 2003. Bally-Hoo Isla Mujeres the best choice on the island Ask about our special Margaritas: Traditional, Mango, Isla Mujeres and the house specialty "Margarita Bally-Hoo."
Oshkosh, Wisconsin
“GREAT sunsets!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2013

Sunsets cannot be more magical. This gem is hidden BEHIND the gas station on main road by ferry dock. Guac is a MUST TRY! Best we had. The ceviche was GREAT - drinks are reasonable. Tacos are very good -- salsa was as well.
Serious sunset watching in a non-crowded place. Heaven.

• Visited November 2013

• Polish first
Martinsburg, West Virginia
“Yummy & you can't beat the price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2013

Ballyhoo is so easy to locate (right behind the pemez gas station). We ate there on a Friday afternoon in early November and the place was pretty empty. There were 4 people in our party. We had pico and guacamole for apps and both were super fresh.

For lunch we ordered fish & chips, fish tacos, shrimp tacos and beef tacos. All of the food was delicious. I had the fish tacos and would have preferred them to be on flour tortillas (instead of corn) but I realize that the traditional way of making them is with corn tortillas.

Hubby had a few different beer varieties and my step son and I had the mango and berry margaritas which were so YUMMY. Our total bill (without tip) came to 845 peso (65US). You simply could NOT beat that price for a four people w/7 drinks included.

The service (waiter and bar tender) were very friendly and although SLOW appears over the kitchen, we didn't find the service or food service alow at all.

Visited November 2013
Toronto, Canada
“Was SO disappointed based on others reviews :-(”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013

Ok so we went here because allegedly the fish tacos were supposed to be the best on the isla. OH GOSH were the other reviews WRONG.

The fish tacos were 75 pesos (still overpriced as you can get ones 100 times better at almost half the price. The guacamole was 50 pesos and honestly the best I tried on the isla. Sodas were only 15 pesos (one of the cheapest prices on the isla).

The location is SUPERBLY AWESOME though and I hear the drinks are good. But the fish tacos were the WORST I've ever had (and I'm some what of a connoisseur of fish tacos & guacamole all over the world). First off they are served in flour tortillas (which I HATE) and the fish is battered (which again I hate) and they were soggy and tasted like paste. They weren't even deep fried properly so the fish itself was soggy and undercooked.....YUCK. The only thing remotely nice was that they were garnished with cabbage (which is good). But all in all, I don't even want to write this review as I don't want to remember how horrible the fish tacos were. Thank GOD that the guacamole was the best I've ever had........

• Visited October 2013
3 Thank Julie B
Montreal
“Our vacation would be incomplete without a visit to Bally Hoo!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

It wasn't our first time and it won't be our last. We had lunch here 3 times during our stay on Isla Mujeres and we always ordered the same thing: Fish tacos, conch ceviche and dos michelada. What a feast! Oh my Gosh their tamarind sauce is out of this world! So good I could actually drink it!
Service is always great here and the waitress and cooks came out of the kitchen to hold our baby while we could enjoy our meal. We love this place and we can't wait to return.

1 Thank Paradisiaque
california
“Great sunset”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2013 via mobile

Mango margaritas perfect, view perfect, food perfect. Made for a great sunset view dinner. We all enjoyed our food and shared across the table. Great nite

• Visited October 2013