We have been to privileges 3 times over a the past 2 years.
We keep going back because it is an amazing place for so many reasons.
The resort is gorgeous, clean and well maintained but what is a gorgeous place if the service was not quite there. Well, the people at Privilege Aluxes are top notch. All the workers are there to please their guests and make sure everyone is happy. From the check-in process to the very end, including the transfers, everything is efficient executed and well managed.
Now, what also makes this place so special is the island itself. The beaches are beautiful and the water is beyond clean and clear. I have been to many islands including Turks and Caicos, Bermuda, Bahamas etc and Isla Mujeres has one of the best beaches.
We love the food at PA including the ala cart restaurant Satay. Satay has come a long way....we went there on our first visit and it wasn't too impressive but in our most recent visit, it was amazing. We had dinner there at least 3 times.
The island also has lots of restaurant options as well and most are very very good. We had breakfast at Cafe Mango (this is a must try) - absolutely amazing. We have also had dinner at several restaurants on Hidalgo Street.
We stayed there most recently just before christmas and there was even a Santa Parade! All very fun to see.
One thing that we would like to see is an adjustment to their room service menu. The 1st time we stayed, they had chicken wings, chicken fingers and mozzarella sticks on the room service menu. Well, something must have happened and those items are no longer avaialble for room service. They are ONLY available at Cafe del Mar, which is very inconvenient. We would love to see those three items get back on the room service menu. That would have made our stay even better.
We are planning on returning in April this year so I hope the menu gets updated by then.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Privilege Aluxes: Truly a privileged experience ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Southall Travel, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Privilege Aluxes reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Privilege Aluxes Isla Mujeres
- Privilege Aluxes Hotel Isla Mujeres