This was our second time staying at PA. Cecilia at the front desk was excellent, and always has a big smile! Jesus was also great and very helpful.
The room was a suite deluxe, great setup, super clean, and very comfy. There was a very foul smell in the tub/shower area. It only happened once on our last morning.
Breakfast was fairly good. Luz was the best server, she always had a big smile and kind words ready. The coffee is excellent which can be spotty in Mexico. The omelettes are great, and the man who makes them is super friendly and smiley. The fruit was just ok, I've had much better in this part of Mexico.
Lunch at cafe del mar was fantastic. The shrimp tacos, cochinita pibil tacos, guacamole, calamari, ceviche, the arracherra steak, and shrimp cocktail are all excellent. The whole fried fish was way overcooked, so much so I couldn't eat it. So I just ordered shrimp tacos, no prob.
Dinner at Sabor seems like such an afterthought and kinda sad.
Dinner at cafe del mar was good, the music was really great.
Didn't try Satay this time, last time was entirely forgettable.
The drinks on the beach were very inconsistent this time. Some were great, others undrinkable. I definitely think they were watered down in comparison to last year. This is a minor irritation, however I don't go on vacation to be irritated.
The service on the beach was a bit inconsistent as well. However Sergio, Alphonso, and Bladamir were the BEST!!! They all really hustled, great job!
The property overall still looks great. There were a couple areas that could use a good scrubbing. Outside sabor in the "lounge" area and the elevators were pretty dingy. The lobby could use a little freshening up.
Overall I think they do a good job at PA. It's so affordable, beautiful beach with good service. The staff, for the most part, work really hard to make your vacation a great experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Privilege Aluxes: Truly a privileged experience ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Southall Travel, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Privilege Aluxes reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Privilege Aluxes Isla Mujeres
- Privilege Aluxes Hotel Isla Mujeres