“The Honest Truth -- Not 5 Stars”
Review of Privilege Aluxes

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank sbcguzmo
Reviewed 15 March 2009

Priviege Aluxes, Best Value

BOOKING: Booked with Orbitz, best value and easy to use site, also booked ground transportation with The Grey Line for tansportation from the airport to the ferry, this was very affordable round trip option. Ferry ride at site was $3 per person, Taxi on Isla Mujeres was $3 to any location.

CHECKIN: Explained that we were staying for a week, reception stated they did not have our reservation. I gave them a copy of my Orbitz paperwork, Piviege Aluxes gave us a wet towel to freshen up and glasses of champagne and snacks, while this was happening the check in peolpe gave a room and said not to worry.

ROOM: All rooms are new, very high quality finish in the room and the entire resort. The bed was just right for us, not to hard but somewhat firm. Flat screen TV, frig; large bathroom with an unbelievable shower, on the balcony there was a two peson jetted hot tub. No charge 24 hour room service, sweet! Great ocean view for boat watching to fantastic sun sets. Room is very quite, no outside noise from anything.

FOOD: I do not have the culinary vocabulary to describe the great meals we had. PA has a meal experience which occurs at each meal, unbelieable. Taste and flavors experienced for the first time and I've started vacationing since the 1970's. I am 59 and this is the best dinning expeience I've ever had. Best value is the all inclusive option. I never had a problem when I ordered off menu or added items to the meal experience.

DRINKS: PA uses premium alcohol, bar tenders are very knowledgeable, and no lines because to always bring beverages before you get up.

EMPLOYEES: All employees are very friendly and have a smile and a have a geat day, always making you feel very special. Best service we have ever received.

TIPS: Employees are never looking for a tip, I tipped the room person one dollar per day, also tried to tip the frig person a dollar a day, the frig person never took the tip. Tipped the evening meal five dollars. The day before we left tipped all waiters and servers ten to fifteen dollars.

RESORT: Superior location on Beach North. I think the only resort with waiters serving drinks and snacks on the beach; with padded lounge chairs. PA has a restaurant on the beach, bathrooms, showers, and a full bar. To get service just raise your hand, unbelievable, sometimes if your finished drink a new one is given before asking, sweet! There was never a drink line. The overall resort has a very high quality finish. Great pools, with servers for drinks, snacks, and meals, this is great luxury. The main dinning options are available inside or outside. No reservations required, no wait for a table, fantastic service. Shade options are available everywhere. PA has a chair guy on the beach to care for your things when you leave your lounge chair to swim, walk the beach, or have a meal at one of the restaurants. Great island music through out the resort. Dinning options available on the beach included with the all inclusive program.

LOCATION: Located on Beach North the best beach on Isla Mujeres. There is a very short walk to the town center for shopping and entertainment. The Isla Mujeres is very safe day or nightband the people are very friendly, everybody waving and offering a smile. Vendors are not pushy on the beach or in town, great values to be had.

THE TOWEL GAME: There is no towel game at the PA. They have more than enough needed equipment through out the resort.

SPA: Full service spa with great people working on the beach and at the Spa within the resort. They have a fitness room with equipment but I only looked at this from the outside, no lines anywhere on the resort.

CONSTRUCTION: No construction visable from the outside, also no noise heard from workers fine tuning the resort. Within the next 30 days another restaurant will be available.

CHECK OUT: Remember the no reservations on file at check in, Privilege Aluxes never mentioned this again and solved the problems without bothering us. Checkout was very fast and easy.

LIKED MOST: room, shower, two person jetted hot tub, meals, drinks, snacks, employees. Privilege Aluxes has a very active mamagement teams tending to the details making sure gueats have the highest luxury stay available. There were no extra charges for anything except the massage at a fantastic value.

LIKED LEAST: leaving

7  Thank AREARUG
Reviewed 13 March 2009

They are booking rooms that they do not have. This is NOT an All Inclusive. They have 5 items on the menu. The property is nice but do not expect a "SPA" It is a lady that walks around with a bed. The Gym is 3 machines. The breakfast was a small buffet. Our room ws not finished & we did not get the room we booked. Most everybody we talked to had the same problem & were unhappy with the room "runaround". As of March 5th, there are only 30 rooms open. 1 building is not complete at all. I am happy that I did NOT do an All Inclusive as Isla has too many economical restaurants and Privalege Aluxes is not ready for All Inclusive. I would give this place a Year. TV did not work for 2 days. 1 day NO Elevator. 1 day NO ELECTRICITY

5  Thank cabotravelor
Reviewed 10 March 2009

We just returned from a week stay there and there are lots of good and bad points.
The bad first:
-Not everything is open yet...but they are making fast progress.
-Service is VERY slow (an hour for room service?)
-Many times there is no follow-through on service requests (if they say they will call you back don't believe them!)
-Food is not as good as we hoped and not as described on the menu
-Whether you actually get what you ask for or not is questionable
-They need to do some QA/QC on the rooms as many are missing items, things don't work, or they need clean-up on the construction work.
-The beds are really hard and the sheets are scratchy (but we still slept fine)

The good:
-When we finally got the promised upgrade (it took 3 days) the room was amazing. We were given a penthouse suite with private sundeck and pool and we were in heaven.
-The employees are really nice and try really hard. I wanted to take Sergio from the restaurant home with me and Mateo at the pool was attentive.
-The pool/sundeck lounge chairs are really comfy
-They are making very fast progress and I think the hotel will be spot on in a couple months.

Despite the longer list of "bad" items I would definitely be back. I just hope I can afford it in the future. From what I saw of the accomodations on the island this hotel is easily in the top 5 for luxury and quality. And right now the prices are far better than the other hotels of the same quality.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank debb6373
Reviewed 10 March 2009

My daughter Ixchel and I, had a wonderful time at the hotel. We enjoyed every moment of it. Best location. Beautiful rooms, gorgeous swimming pools and a trendy restaurant.
Wonderful staff, very friendly (our thanks to Jose Munoz our Bellboy).
It was perfect.