My new husband and I stayed at the Privilege Aluxes from May 26-30 for a short honeymoon after our wedding in Tulum. The hotel is brand new and beautiful, very modern feeling in a good location on North Beach. It's about a 10 minute walk from the ferry terminal, and it's beach area is convenient and on the more windy side of the island. Restaurants seemed fine...we only ate breakfast at the hotel because we chose not to do the all-inclusive plan, and it was very nice. The main drawback was lack of staff, due to such slow times (economy and swine flu). There was some construction going on every day we were there around the pool, but it wasn't bothersome enough to keep us away. The lounge chairs and cabanas are GREAT, and the front desk staff was very helpful...especially Carlos, who upgraded us to a suite. The gym could be expanded (not much more than a treadmill now), but really overall a very nice new hotel. Isla Mujeres was a nice, quiet comparison to what Cancun is, and we enjoyed the relaxing time there quite a bit. We did some scuba diving, which was great, but otherwise not a whole lot of entertainment other than regular beach time. I would definitely recommend the Privilege Aluxes if you want a clean, modern-feeling hotel in a great location...and I'm sure when tourism picks up and construction ends, it'll be even better!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Privilege Aluxes: Truly a privileged experience ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Southall Travel, Hotels.com and TravelUp so you can book your Privilege Aluxes reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Privilege Aluxes Isla Mujeres
- Privilege Aluxes Hotel Isla Mujeres