“Casa el Pio is a Jewel!”
Review of Casa el Pio

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Isla Mujeres
Casa el Pio
Indianapolis
“Casa el Pio is a Jewel!”
Reviewed 2 January 2009

My husband and I decided to give ourselves a trip to Isla rather than gifts for Christmas.
We arrived in the afternoon Christmas Day and Margaret was waiting with a warm greeting. She escorted us to Room 3 and did a quick but complete run through on what to expect, where to eat, (we were starving!) and let us know she was available whenever we needed something.
The location is unbeatable. You are within 2-6 blocks of anything you could want, and yet tucked away on a side street.

Room 3 is amazing! We slept several nights with the sound of waves and wind soothing us. We spent another evening out on the little sitting area outside enjoying the breezes. The room was spacious and clean and had a drawer, shelf, table, or bench for everything. We particularly appreciated the small refrigerator, coffee maker and safe. The artwork was original and so in tune with the setting. We also took advantage of the free wifi and were able to send emails and pictures home while lounging in the courtyard.
The maid service was also great!

My only suggestion would be for a small plastic or glass bowl for disinfecting fruit and vegetables. I could not find one at Xpress.
The effort and attention to detail from the owners and the manager is obvious.

Casa el Pio is one of the calmest, most serene places I have ever stayed.
We would return to Casa el Pio in a heartbeat!!!! In fact, we are already planning a return.

Stayed December 2008

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 19 December 2008

I visited Isla de Mujeres on my first solo trip for my 34th birthday. After searching for the perfect place to call home during my stay there I happened upon Casa el Pio. I knew as soon as I saw their website that I had found it. The room I stayed in (#4) was minimalistic (just the way I like it) and had a living room area with a separate bedroom with plenty of space to spread out in. It had everything I needed...a bed with crisp white linens, a coffee pot with plenty of coffee, a fridge for my beer and an ac for cooling off. A bonus was the free drinking water provided so I didn't have to schlep water jugs from the grocery. I could go on and on about how great this place is and how great Margaret was but really you'll have to experience it for yourself.

• Liked — cleanliness and minimalistic decor
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled solo