“Always a highlight of my trip to Isla”
Review of Lolo Lorena

Lolo Lorena
Ranked #2 of 202 Restaurants in Isla Mujeres
Price range: US$2 - US$2
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Cash Only, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Lolo Lorena will not be taking reservations until December 2015 while she is recovering from surgery. we are very sorry for any inconvenience. Dinner in a private garden around a communal table. Chef Lolo creates a different menu each night. Please tell the chef of any special needs, dislikes or allergies when you reserve and she will accommodate you
Seattle, Washington
“Always a highlight of my trip to Isla”
Reviewed 13 February 2014

And this time was no exception. Isla Mujeres is one of my favorite places in the ENTIRE world and no trip would be complete without having a dinner (or two) at Lolo Lorena's. This has become an annual tradition for me and was thrilled when Lolo let me bring my camera to photograph a few of her plates.

I have said it before, Lolo is a true artist in every sense of the word. Not only with food, but in life. Her place is always evolving, as is her food. She creates dishes with ingredients I don't even like and somehow makes me a believer. This time it was the beets... I hate beets and she created an appetizer that not only did I like, I wanted seconds.

Lolo is one of a kind, as is her restaurant. This is not a place to grab a greasy burger or stuff yourself on a steak, but rather a place for a true culinary and artistic experience. I have leaned to come with an open mind and never have been disappointed.

Truly one of the treasures of Isla Mujeres.... and the world.

• Visited February 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
San Antonio, Texas
“Inventive menu”
Reviewed 12 February 2014

We are frequent guests and have never been disappointed with our meals. Breakfast is a special treat.

Visited February 2014
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
“Fantastic!!!”
Reviewed 10 February 2014

Went here for dinner on Friday, Feb 7th, There were 4 of us and was seated with another couple, every dish that came out was better than the last, We enjoyed every single minute and would definitely recommend the restaurant as a destination for dinner on the island!! Will definitely return!!!
Kudo's to the Chef and waitress Julie!!

• Visited February 2014
Thank Aguedo San Migu... S
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“An Amazing Experience!”
Reviewed 8 February 2014

if you get the chance to have dinner at Lolo Lorena's don't hesitate!! Mary Ann and I have had the opportunity to eat at Lolo's several times in the last few years. Each time we go it is very special. We always consider ourselves very lucky when we get the chance. The menu is always different and you never know what fabulous gastronomic experience Lolo will create. She is an artist with food. Dinner usually consists of five or seven course small plates, including an amazing dessert plate with tastes of 7 or 8 different things. Cocktails are available or you can bring you own wine. Sitting outside in Lolo's courtyard only adds to the experience. Have special dietary restrictions? Just let Lolo know and she will try to create especially for you. One of the best keep secrets on the island and not to be missed if you enjoy eating!

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Lee F
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Delicious meal with delightful company”
Reviewed 7 February 2014

My husband and I visited Lolo's in January 2014 when we were in Isla for our honeymoon. It was an absolutely delicious and enjoyable evening. We arrived and were shown to an intimate, charming patio set up with two long tables and decorated with lights, lanterns and plants. Lolo was a delightful hostess-- very funny and warm. The communal dining experience was really fun. We met people from all over the world. There was a couple from Dublin, several people from Canada and we happened to sit down next to some people from our hometown in Maryland. The first course that was served blew away our expectations. And every course after that was better than the last. We ate homemade gnocchi, an asian cabbage slaw with grilled shrimp, mushroom risotto, and a perfect tenderloin for the main course. The cherry on top of an already fantastic meal was the dessert plate that came out at the end. An assortment of eight different sweets for each person. There was homemade shortbread, candied grapes, a baby cupcake, chocolate mousse, strawberry jam/soup and more. Lolo's is a fun and unique spot. It is a do-not-miss gem in Isla Mujeres and we can't wait to go back to celebrate our anniversary next time! Must book several weeks in advance.

• Visited January 2014