“what a view”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Isla Mujeres
Color de Verano Village Apartments
Reviewed 30 November 2012

my husband and I stayed here in the penthouse fo 3 nights in the 1st week of november after spending a week in Riviera Maya with 38 friends. 1st off we booked thru lost Oasis. Vicki was very nice to deal with and everything went smoothly, highly recommend her company. Now the penthouse....it was something getting our luggage up to 4th floor, but well worth it. The unit was very clean and the balcony was out of this world. I have had a lot of oceanfront balconies in my life, but this was the best view ever. The hot tub was wonderful to use in the evening, my husband could not get enough of it. there were 2 beach chairs , beach towels and even a cooler to take to the beach across the street, this was a very nice touch. We absolutely loved this place and would like to return for 9 nights in 2013.

Room Tip: penthouse was awesome
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank wtharm

Reviewed 26 September 2012

We have always wanted to stay in the Penthouse, having been given a 'tour' once when we were regular visitors to the Cafe there , now sadly closed.
What stopped us was the 'waiting list'. It is such a great place to stay that in the Season it does get fully booked. However needing a break after an intense and exhausting business trip to Europe we were not put off by the hot and humid weather in September and this was the perfect get away. We did stay in another property in Isla owned by the proprietor and were made to feel so welcome that we looked forward to returning. We were not disappointed. If you have read other reviews then you will know that the apartment is beautifully furnished (much of it made by the owners husband)and has wonderful views out to the Beach across the road and the bay separating Isla from the mainland.
What makes the place so special for us is the beautiful' energy' of the owner Teresa. She made us feel immediately at home and did everything to make our stay as pleasant as possible.
Whilst Isla can be very hot and humid this time of year. Don't let that put you off. The temperature of the sea ensures you never get too hot! Some of the plentiful Island's Restaurants are closed off season but most remain open and are pleasantly uncrowded though less so at the weekend.
I was delighted to find that prices on the Island as well as in Cancun outside of the Hotel Zone were most reasonable. Personally I will not be going back to the Hotel Zone again. Too crowded and way too expensive. Why it is so much more expensive than my home town in Texas, I will never know!

Room Tip: The Penthouse suite is exceptional but all the rooms are much nicer than most hotels.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Austinophile
Reviewed 28 August 2012

We rent studio 1, for 10 days, in august 2012: it was amazing. staff is great, teresa is wonderful, she speaks spanish, english and french which is really useful. She'll help you for anything.The studio was perfect: kingsize bed, really comfy, full kitchnette really helpful, a lot of space. It is a great deal,rates are low, everything's near, 2 minute's walk to the beach, 5 to any restaurants. The room service is also perfect and very respectful. We've found nothing negative, and we recommend it to anyone who's looking for great vacations in Isla Mujeres. Any questions, contact us!
Catherine et Olivier

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Catherine G
Reviewed 22 July 2012

I can’t say enough good things about Color de Verano. My two teen sons and I stayed in the penthouse, in July. It is perfect for a couple, and with kids I was afraid it would be a bit crowded, but since we were out and about during the hottest part of the day, asleep at night, and spending our time on the spacious balcony the rest of the time, we fit in just fine. For sleeping, they kindly added a cot for us, which my sons fought for and declared “the most comfortable bed they ever slept on.” The views are amazing, the style is impeccable, and the furnishings are high-end. I am completely spoiled – I wouldn’t stay anywhere else on Isla…

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Jenandkids
Reviewed 5 July 2012 via mobile

Color de Verano is a complete apartment for Apt1 and two and Penthouse. Penthouse has a superb view on the balcony. New construction at Jax has not hampered the beautiful view in any way.
From the deck you can see all directions. Nice lounge chairs adorn the balcony and a refreshing hot tub with a view.
Housekeeping staff are very good and the owners are very attentive to your needs. We always have hot water.
Beach chairs are provided for all guests which saves a lot of money at 50 pesos each on beach.
Whichever unit you select you will be happy with it. This a great property with a wonderful location almost on the beach.

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank roadwarriorrd
Reviewed 8 June 2012

Just returned from spending the entire month of May in the penthouse at Color de Verano. All I can say is WOW!! Beautiful, spotless and a perfect layout. The deck is large and includes lounges for those mornings you don't feel like going to the beach. Teresa is a perfect hostess and will help you with anything, just ask.

If you truly appreciate excellent woodwork you will enjoy this place. Cabinets, railings, mirrors etc. are all custom-made and the workmanship is some of the best I have ever seen. The hotel is a perfect blend of nautical and art deco.

We can't wait to return next year!!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MartyandSusan
Reviewed 5 January 2012

We just returned from our trip to Isla Mujeres where we stayed at the Color de Verano for a week and loved our stay. We rented both of the first floor studios...one side for the kids...one side for my wife and myself. It worked out wonderfully. First Teresa set up the kids side with two single beds which made them happy. There is not really a price that can be put on having space when you need it. Were the rooms huge...no, they are true studios. But the separate living spaces for us and the kids were appreciated by all. There are doors connecting the rooms that we left open during the week.

The rooms were very clean and comfortable. We really appreciated having coffee makers and coffee in the rooms every morning so we did not have to run out and grab a cup right when waking up. We stopped at a grocery store on our way to the island and had stuff for breakfast and lunch on hand. It was hard to not enjoy all the great restaurants on Isla for every meal but we managed to do so for a few meals.

Teresa also helped my wife get a cake for me as I celebrated my birthday while down on vacation. It was greatly appreciated!

The location is amazing...just a short walk to the beach or shops/dining. We would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family