“Penthouse!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Isla Mujeres
Color de Verano Village Apartments
Reviewed 13 January 2014

I have been visiting Isla Mujeres for about 20 years. First time I have stayed here. Oh what took me so long! The penthouse was amazing. Yes the inside is on the small side but it is very workable. The shower had very good pressure by the way. Loved showering with a view of the ocean. And always hot water. The wifi was strong and never failed. The kitchen was stocked and special touches were added! The bed was so comfortable. Not at all the hard mattress usually found in Mexico. Three stand outs. One teresa, what an absolute gem. She is a wonderful, genuine, good lady. So caring!
Two, the cleaning staff. They are spotless. So hardworking. Very trustworthy and will do their best to get you anything you may need.
Three, the outside deck! That is why you stay here. OMG it was very very hard to leave. I'm not kidding, I would go to the beach and come back up. So relaxing. The view outstanding. I used the jacuzzi a few times. It was clean and hot. Just lounging around outside with wine in hand was amazing! I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
5  Thank slynky

Reviewed 4 October 2013

I stayed in a studio for 8 days with my son and everything about it is wonderful. Teresa, the owner, is so gracious and wants everyone to be comfortable. The king bed in studio 2 splits into 2 comfy twins and that was perfect for us. The studio is actually a one bedroom apartment when the sound proof glass wall is closed between the bedroom and kitchen/living room. The apartments are across the street from the beach and come with portable beach chairs. Yes, the street can be a little busy during the day but its your typical isla sounds, mostly motos. By 7:00 at night there is hardly any traffic and the sound proof wall keeps it out of the bedroom. Isla gets started slowly in the morning so the street noise was never a problem in the morning either. The kitchen is fully outfitted, complete with sharp knives and even a scissors. The beach towels are huge & thick. The wifi always worked. The a/c was quiet and cooled the unit off quickly when we turned it on after a day at the beach. There were no negatives except maybe the low pressure in the shower but this is common on Isla. I just took really long showers. Overall it's a wonderful place to stay and quite a bargain for all the amenities and its location across from the beach.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank jetskigirl
Reviewed 16 September 2013

We arrived to Isla in mid september with no hotel booked in advanced. After we looked at almost any hotel near playa norte we found this place. The location is perfect, rooms are clean and the owner is the niciest person you will find here. Don't waste your time looking for places to stay. Just go directly to Color de Verano

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 30 August 2013

I was fortunate enough to hear about Color de Verano from a good friend and when I booked the apartment, I knew it would be great but it was beyond my expectations. The apartment was clean and spacious and well appointed with a lovely porch overlooking the beach. Theresa is the most gracious hostess and takes great pride in her apartments. If you have any interest in woodworking, the furniture and details in the apartment are all done by Theresa's husband who is a true artist. Color de Verano is the most fabulous location. We were close the the most beautiful beach, walking distance to shops and restaurants and it was the ideal vacation. In fact, the day we were supposed to leave I called the airline and we stayed two extra days. I cannot recommend this apartment enough. It was a Slice of Heaven.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 August 2013

I've been traveling to Isla for a few years now; sometimes I stay at a small family run hotel, and sometimes I like to try someplace new. I'm so glad we stayed at Color de Verano for the first time this August! We originally booked a Studio, but we were upgraded to Apartment 2, as they were doing renovations on the Studios.

Apartment 2 was sunny and bright, spacious, clean, and had a large balcony. The price was very reasonable, the location is great (across the street from the beach and 2 blocks from Hidalgo), and Teresa, the owner, is very sweet and accommodating. Although we didn’t do a ton of cooking (this is vacation after all), the kitchen was well-stocked and convenient in case we wanted to refrigerate and re-heat leftovers.

Color de Verano offers a few "extras" that you don't get while staying at a hotel. For example, although there is free WiFi in the rooms for your own personal device, there is also an office with a computer. In the office there is also an icebox with ice for purchase, as well as a wine cabinet with bottles of wine for purchase. Although we did not end up needing/wanting any, it was lovely to have it there. What was really fantastic, was they provide beach towels, beach chairs, and an umbrella. It wasn’t always ideal to bring it all to and from the beach, but certainly worth not having to rent them everyday. Drinking water is also provided in the kitchen and a complimentary bottle of wine was waiting for us upon arrival.

I suppose if I had any complaints they are all very minor. For example, the ceiling/floors seem to be paper-thin. Early in the mornings, it sounded like our upstairs neighbors were rearranging all the furniture in the entire place – haha. There is some minor street noise, but it’s still very quiet at night. I think the worst thing was the water pressure. I know…this is Mexico, but it was definitely worse than anywhere else I’ve stayed on the Island. However, it appeared that the work they were doing on the Studios while we were there was in the bathrooms, so perhaps they are working on it. ☺

Overall, our stay was fantastic, and I would highly recommend Color de Verano to anyone. We will definitely be staying again!

Room Tip: Studios are on the ground level, Apartment 1 is up one flight of stairs, Apartment 2 up 2 flights, a...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ashley R
Reviewed 24 July 2013

I have previously reviewed CDV a few years ago and put plenty of pictures of this property. I just wanted to add a couple of quick, new things. First of all, Teresa has had all new WIFI put in throughout the entire building and that is a huge plus as the old WIFI wasn't very good. Last summer she put in flat screen TVs and that was a plus. Then for this summer the door to each unit now has an electronic lock system so can no longer lock your actual apartment door key in your apartment which we had done in the past. This place is like a 2nd home to us and we love it. Last year I asked for an extra pillow and lo and behold when we walked in this summer there was my extra pillow on the bed again. That is what I call attention to detail. This is a lovely spot, great view, fantastic owners and worth every penny!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank JAM1988
Reviewed 8 May 2013

We stayed for 1 week in the second floor suite, (would have liked the penthouse but it is booked well in advance) and the suite was great. Maid service was excellent, clean and tidy everyday and plenty of supplies. The laundry room is right outside your door so cleaning up a few favorites to wear again was very convenient. The location was great, right beside Jax but you didn't hear any noise coming from there. You have an ocean view off the deck and morning coffee on the balcony was perfect. The beds very a little less than comfy for us.. all personal taste. We did get to meet Teresa on our last day there and she was so nice. It was nice that beach chairs an umbrella and even coolers were available for use. Paying for the suite was a bit of a challenge... I used paypal and paid the extra 4 percent and was told I could use my CC to pay the remainder when I arrived, but that was not the case. When we got there the property manager said she wanted cash... we did not want use our cash as we thought we could use credit. We worked it out that I would pay with paypal again and be hit with another 4% service charge. The suite had wifi but it was hit and miss... the hotel across the street (PA) had better wifi and you could get it in the room. We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Book early and try to get the Penthouse... the suites are awesome either way.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple