“La Vida Dulce with Steve & Jeri as hosts = R E L A X A T I O N!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Isla Mujeres
La Vida Dulce Casitas
Ranked #10 of 37 Isla Mujeres B&B and Inns
California, MO
“La Vida Dulce with Steve & Jeri as hosts = R E L A X A T I O N!”
Reviewed 12 August 2012

My husband and I have traveled to Isla Mujeres 25+ times over the last 15 years staying at many places on the island. Our son and his wife stayed with Steve & Jeri at La Vida Dulce in Nov. 2011 and they recommended it to us. We stayed for 10 days the first time in Feb. 2012 and for 14 days in June 2012. We've found "home" for our future trips to the island. Steve and Jeri provide everything you need. In addition to the obvious, they provide free phone calls to the states, free ice and drinking water (that's a big deal on the island!), free advice, even accompanied me to help translate when I needed to see a doctor after I developed an ear infection. My husband had a crown break and they were able to recommend a good dentist on the island. They know the best places to eat, shop, etc. on the island. Although they don't have ocean views, it is just a short walk to Playa Norte beach which is one of the most beautiful beaches with white sand and incredibly blue carribean waters....incidentally, they even provided us with their own beach chairs! Seriously...they share everything they have like you are family visiting. The location is perfect for walking to some of the best quaint restaurants on the island. We rarely rent a golf cart as we like to walk. If we want to go to other places on the island, taxis are abundant and well as bike rentals. We walk the two blocks from the ferry so don't even need a taxi when we arrive or depart. We both like to take our laptops when we travel and they have the fastest internet connection we've found on the island and they don't charge you to log on. Oh, I almost forgot to mention...the rates are very reasonable! We plan to make La Vida Dulce our "home away from home" again very soon!

Room Tip: We stayed on the lower level both trips. The street side room is smaller and less expensive. It'...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Summer928

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Ontario
Reviewed 18 July 2012

What a great little place for an incredibly inexpensive price! +++++

While I got to take a look at all 3 rooms (and they are all very nice) my favourite was Room 2. It's at the back on the main floor and is very quiet...it doesn't have a lot of natural light but I thought it was perfect. I loved the layout of this unit...it's such a comfortable place (especially with that awesome custom made sectional sofa..I'd be so happy if Jeri could make me one lol!) that contained everything needed and then some. Coffee maker, blender, mini fridge, microwave, even a George Foreman grill lol!

Right outside your door are the steps to take you to the roof top where it was great to enjoy a coffee or a beer and laze about. Pirate, cat, is a great little guy...he's pretty friendly..he might join you on the roof. :-) There is a fantastic big palapa on the roof top with hammocks strung around and some cool art! There's a long table with chairs that would seat around 10-12 people. In the one corner is a comfy sofa and chair with coffee table and a side table that has a portable cd/ipod player. There's a couple loungers plus there's at least one round table with chairs in the sun area -lots of places to hang out. I loved the little dipping pool. There's even a blue awning/tarp to provide some protection from the sun.

The location was amazing! It's so close to everything. I hadn't stayed on Juarez before and I'm so happy I did..it's a very cool street. Going north less than 2 blocks, same side as LVD was a little art gallery type place...I liked that a lot and bought 2 original paintings for a great price. At night time families were sitting out, kids, pets etc. It was really fun wandering around. Places to eat on Juarez..Cocina Economic is across the street (sadly, didn't make it here)...Sushi Island (ate there once and ordered take out another time...very good)..Cafe Mogagua is 30 seconds from the front door, El Paisano, Poc Chuc and La Susanita are others I'd like to check out...Hidalgo is right around the corner...OXXO is super close, Medina (Seafood Row) is about a 3 minute walk etc. Awesome location!

There's little extras that I didn't expect at all...they have a freezer in the main hall where you can help yourself to the ice (bags of ice are stocked)...free US/Canada phone calls..beach chairs....coolers..I can't think of them all as there were quite a few! Jeri and Steve are very thoughtful and helpful people. :-)

What a great experience staying at the LVD! Thank you so much! :-)

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank WIBS
Brandon, Canada
Reviewed 18 July 2012

As I'm sure you will read the other reviews, I won't go on and on about La Vida Dulce. I booked a room at La Vida Dulce based on the reviews I had read. It's all true. In future, I would find it hard to stay anywhere else on Isla for fear of not having the same quality of vacation. I was in the front suite and it was a wonderful place to come home to each day.

Steve and Jeri are always willing to assist with any need whether it be tours, shopping or places to eat. I also appreciated the use of a beach chair.

Besides feeling like you're staying with friends (which I consider, them), La Vida Dulce is in a great location. After nine days, I really felt like part of the neighborhood. Met many wonderful people.

A fantastic stay, and will return!!

Room Tip: I stayed in the front suite (#1). The kitchen area, sitting area, bedroom and bath are all ample in...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank SunDog61
La Mesa, California USA
Reviewed 10 July 2012

Steve and Jeri's place is a great choice for a home base on Mujeres. Located right in the heart of town, very walkable to all the restaurants, Playa Norte, dive shops, etc. We were in unit #2 and the apartment was fully outfitted with everything you could need -- kitchen, dining area, living room, large bedroom, great 1 and 1/2 baths. After being in hotel rooms for about 10 days, it was nice to have space to spread out and feel at home. The A/C worked fantastic, strong wifi and very quiet, even for being right in town. I'd definitely recommend. Thanks Steve and Jeri!

Room Tip: Each unit is a little different so pick the one that best meets your needs (space needs)
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank LeftCoastTravelGirl
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 22 May 2012

I have been to Isla 7 times now and have known many people who how stayed at La Vida Dulce, and finally I was able to stay there myself. WOW! We had the new upstairs unit. It was fantastic! The new palapa and dipping pool are great! The location is perfect to get anywhere you need to be. Beds are great and shower has lots of water pressure! Steve and Jeri are a wealth of information and so helpful. Arranged a Whale Shark tour for us and assisted in getting a golf cart. This is by far my most favorite place to stay on Isla. Thanks again Steve and Jeri, you guys are great!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Iheartisla
Canada
Reviewed 6 May 2012

I travelled alone to Isla Mujeres and chose La Vida Dulce as my home base. It was a great choice. The apartment was well-appointed, comfortable and clean. I very much enjoyed the palapa roof with the hamacs and dipping pool. I actually had the whole place to myself during my short stay (Pirate, the owner's cute tabby cat, kept me company once in while). I had the apartment facing the street and was concerned at first it would be noisy but ended up having some of the best sleeps I've had in a long time. No issues with the noise. I liked the extra services provided (free calls, ice), Esteban and Jeri are great hosts. I like to try new places but I'm most certainly keeping this one in mind for a future stay.

Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank gaspezee
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 4 May 2012

It's location is very central so you can walk everywhere, the rooms are perfection! It's a little home with everything you need! The rooftop patio is a great place to relax! And the service was top notch!

• Stayed April 2012