“'A piece of paradise'”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Isla Mujeres
La Vida Dulce Casitas
Ranked #9 of 39 Isla Mujeres B&B and Inns
Edmonton, Canada
“'A piece of paradise'”
Reviewed 12 November 2012

This was our first trip to Isla. We stayed with Jeri & Steve only 5 days in March 2012 - not long enough! Heard about them from our Alberta friends who go to Isla regularly and were glad we were able to fit in to their Casita's busy schedule.
Our suite was on the main floor. Large rooms, comfortable bed, very clean, air conditioned, everything we needed for our stay. Fridge, microwave, grille, 2 bathrooms, separate shower, ice, free phone calls - our stay couldn't have been more plesant. Roof top palapa was great to get out of the sun and just relax with morning coffee or an evening drink.
Only one block from Hidalgo with all the food, shopping, nightlife and just generally watching the world go by. Attempted to try as many of the restaurants we could manage and were not disappointed. The beautiful west and north beaches were just a short walk away - warmest, cleanest water and lovely white sandy beaches. Steve & Jeri even loaned us beach chairs for our trip to the beach.
We were kindly invited to an evening barbeque allowing us to meet some of their island friends and mainland friends. Just wonderful hospitality - can't say enough about them and will definitely return to this island paradise.

Room Tip: Upstairs suite is large enough for a family with the palapa is just outside your door. Main floor s...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed 5 October 2012

Stayed there in June, 2012 for an anniversary trip. It was perfect! Steve and Jeri are fantastic. They are always willing to help with whatever you need and they know everyone! Helped us set us a whale shark tour, even gave us dramanine to take before we went. Told us some great places to eat, helped with golf cart rental. Location is great, very close to the beach and some great eating places very close. I would much rather stay here than a stuffy all inclusive, you get to feel like you are at home, but also experience some more of the local life. The free calls to US were a life saver as this was the first time we left the kids at home. Also the wifi was great for checking work emails. We stayed in the top unit which was very spacious and certainly enough room for two couples or a family. Comfy bed, hot water, fridge, etc. Perfect vacation. Thanks Steve and Jeri!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JuliaTerry
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 6 September 2012

I have heard of Steve and Jeri and the La Vida Culce for years from John and Melissa,thay make you feel like family. Great hosts!!!! We have found a home.The bedroom was was just right, great air-conditioning, it was very clean, free water it was nice. The best part were the people Steve, Jeri, Chris all the local people, they share everything, its like visting family.We laughed and laughed,had a great time I'm still smiling and laughing, but Im home, making resevation to go back.We could walk to the beautiful beaches with white sand and incredibly blue carribean waters, with the the gently breeze cooling you down sitting under the fantastic big palapa on the roof top with hammocks strung around with all the restaurants and grocery store, little shops and more. What an Awesome location! There's little extras that I didn't expect at all...they have a freezer in the main hall where you can help yourself to the ice (bags of ice are stocked)...free, I'LL be back soon!!!!!!!!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank patty w
Ottumwa, Iowa
Reviewed 12 August 2012

My sister and I stayed at La Vida Dulce in the upstairs unit. It was BIG. We each had our own bedroom and full bathroom. The kitchen was inbetween and I liked having a full size refridgerator. It was clean, the airconditioning was fabulous and the bed was "just right". People we met asked us if it was as nice as all the reviews and we confirmed it was. Jeri and Steve are hilarious. The location was perfect, easy walk to the beaches, shops and restaurants. We would walk to the grocery store and buy whatever we wanted to munch on; which was convenient.
This was the perfect place for us.

Room Tip: I liked the upstairs unit as it was large and you didnt feel cooped up. The airconditioning was very...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Stephanie E
California, MO
Reviewed 12 August 2012

My husband and I have traveled to Isla Mujeres 25+ times over the last 15 years staying at many places on the island. Our son and his wife stayed with Steve & Jeri at La Vida Dulce in Nov. 2011 and they recommended it to us. We stayed for 10 days the first time in Feb. 2012 and for 14 days in June 2012. We've found "home" for our future trips to the island. Steve and Jeri provide everything you need. In addition to the obvious, they provide free phone calls to the states, free ice and drinking water (that's a big deal on the island!), free advice, even accompanied me to help translate when I needed to see a doctor after I developed an ear infection. My husband had a crown break and they were able to recommend a good dentist on the island. They know the best places to eat, shop, etc. on the island. Although they don't have ocean views, it is just a short walk to Playa Norte beach which is one of the most beautiful beaches with white sand and incredibly blue carribean waters....incidentally, they even provided us with their own beach chairs! Seriously...they share everything they have like you are family visiting. The location is perfect for walking to some of the best quaint restaurants on the island. We rarely rent a golf cart as we like to walk. If we want to go to other places on the island, taxis are abundant and well as bike rentals. We walk the two blocks from the ferry so don't even need a taxi when we arrive or depart. We both like to take our laptops when we travel and they have the fastest internet connection we've found on the island and they don't charge you to log on. Oh, I almost forgot to mention...the rates are very reasonable! We plan to make La Vida Dulce our "home away from home" again very soon!

Room Tip: We stayed on the lower level both trips. The street side room is smaller and less expensive. It'...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Summer928
Ontario
Reviewed 18 July 2012

What a great little place for an incredibly inexpensive price! +++++

While I got to take a look at all 3 rooms (and they are all very nice) my favourite was Room 2. It's at the back on the main floor and is very quiet...it doesn't have a lot of natural light but I thought it was perfect. I loved the layout of this unit...it's such a comfortable place (especially with that awesome custom made sectional sofa..I'd be so happy if Jeri could make me one lol!) that contained everything needed and then some. Coffee maker, blender, mini fridge, microwave, even a George Foreman grill lol!

Right outside your door are the steps to take you to the roof top where it was great to enjoy a coffee or a beer and laze about. Pirate, cat, is a great little guy...he's pretty friendly..he might join you on the roof. :-) There is a fantastic big palapa on the roof top with hammocks strung around and some cool art! There's a long table with chairs that would seat around 10-12 people. In the one corner is a comfy sofa and chair with coffee table and a side table that has a portable cd/ipod player. There's a couple loungers plus there's at least one round table with chairs in the sun area -lots of places to hang out. I loved the little dipping pool. There's even a blue awning/tarp to provide some protection from the sun.

The location was amazing! It's so close to everything. I hadn't stayed on Juarez before and I'm so happy I did..it's a very cool street. Going north less than 2 blocks, same side as LVD was a little art gallery type place...I liked that a lot and bought 2 original paintings for a great price. At night time families were sitting out, kids, pets etc. It was really fun wandering around. Places to eat on Juarez..Cocina Economic is across the street (sadly, didn't make it here)...Sushi Island (ate there once and ordered take out another time...very good)..Cafe Mogagua is 30 seconds from the front door, El Paisano, Poc Chuc and La Susanita are others I'd like to check out...Hidalgo is right around the corner...OXXO is super close, Medina (Seafood Row) is about a 3 minute walk etc. Awesome location!

There's little extras that I didn't expect at all...they have a freezer in the main hall where you can help yourself to the ice (bags of ice are stocked)...free US/Canada phone calls..beach chairs....coolers..I can't think of them all as there were quite a few! Jeri and Steve are very thoughtful and helpful people. :-)

What a great experience staying at the LVD! Thank you so much! :-)

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank WIBS
Brandon, Canada
Reviewed 18 July 2012

As I'm sure you will read the other reviews, I won't go on and on about La Vida Dulce. I booked a room at La Vida Dulce based on the reviews I had read. It's all true. In future, I would find it hard to stay anywhere else on Isla for fear of not having the same quality of vacation. I was in the front suite and it was a wonderful place to come home to each day.

Steve and Jeri are always willing to assist with any need whether it be tours, shopping or places to eat. I also appreciated the use of a beach chair.

Besides feeling like you're staying with friends (which I consider, them), La Vida Dulce is in a great location. After nine days, I really felt like part of the neighborhood. Met many wonderful people.

A fantastic stay, and will return!!

Room Tip: I stayed in the front suite (#1). The kitchen area, sitting area, bedroom and bath are all ample in...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled solo