“Our new vacation spot” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of La Vida Dulce Casitas

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Isla Mujeres
La Vida Dulce Casitas
Ranked #10 of 34 Isla Mujeres B&B and Inns
“Our new vacation spot”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2009

My husband and I recently returned from our first trip to Isla Mujeres. We spent our stay at La Vida Dulce Casitas, unit #2. Even though there were only two of us in the larger unit it worked perfect. The setup allowed the early riser to close the door to the back half of the unit and watch TV, have use of the half bath and kitchen without bothering the other one still sleeping. The bedroom bath has double sinks so we could get ready at the same time and with the shower being separate the humidity from it was never an issue like in most bathrooms. I loved the lighting because in addition to the electric light there were also plenty of windows and skylights to bring in natural lighting including the glass block section in the wall separating the living room and bedroom (loved it!). The amenities at La Vida Dulce far exceeded our expectations: pillow-top mattress, plush pillows, sheets & towels, free wi-fi & phone calls home, kitchenette w/microwave, pizza oven, fridge, BLENDER, coffee pot, dishes, etc. And those little things we take for granted at home like nice flushing toilets, plenty of hot water, water pressure, a/c, etc., we never gave a second thought to because we had them all at La Vida Dulce. Steve & Jeri, owners/hosts, were extremely knowledgeable about the island and everything is literally right around the corner or down a block. And even though we were staying around the corner from downtown our sleep was never disturbed by any noises. In fact, after dinner one evening my husband and I came back to our room and went up to the rooftop (there’s a nice area on the roof with chairs, plants, etc. for guests to relax) and we sat and listened to mariachi bands playing in the distance. Other than renting a golf cart one day to drive to the south end of the island we were able to walk everywhere else we wanted to go. It’s obvious Steve & Jeri put an extreme amount of thought into the design of this place in order to make it mucho comfortable for their guests. Thank you & we’ll be back!

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank candst

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2009

but it wouldn't be fair to Steve and Jeri...who embraced me as part of their wonderful extended Iowa collection of friends and family, who come and go at La Vida Dulce! I stay there for 3 weeks in Febryuary, and by the time I left I felt as if I were leaving family behind.
This was my 12th visit to Isla Mujeres, I have stayed in many different types of accomodations on the island. This one suit me perfectly. All the previous reviews have outline the property very well, everything I needed was right there for me. I could have stayed forever! The location is great, one block off the main street, Hildalgo, and only a block or two from the beach. The orange juice man is around the corner, and the "Rib Guy" just two blocks up...this is the place to be to soak up the rhythm of life in a little Mexican seaside town.

I've already made my reservations for next year...but don't know if I can stay away that long! Stve and Jeri are wonderful and you will love La Vida Dulce...

• Stayed February 2009, travelled solo
san diego
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2009

My wife and I met Steve and Jerry at the end of our two week Yucatan vacation while waiting for the ferry to cross over to the island.I sure am glad it was at the end of our trip because had it been in the begining we would have spent our entier two weeks there .It was really hard to leave and go home after meeting them and truly the best part of our trip.
The rooms are absolutly the best deal and the most comfortable that we stayed in our trip.They are clean,cool,quiet and located within walking distance of shops and resturants and of course cantinas.
If you are heading that way don't miss the chance of staying with them I know you will be pleased too.This is a great little spot and I am afraid that it is going to be hard to get a reservation when the word is out but I wish them all the best and we will be back.
Thank you Jerry and Steve for your great friendship.
Gary and Laura Lester

• Stayed October 2008, travelled as a couple
canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2009

We enjoyed our 2 week stay at LVD.Very comfortable beds with wonderful air conditioned rooms,endless hot showers and once we closed our door absolutely no outside sounds could be heard. We would recomend these accommidations to anyone who needs a rest and a holiday . Definitely NUMBER 1 on our list...Murray & Terri Meyer, Greenwood B. C. Canada

• Stayed January 2009, travelled as a couple
Madison, WI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2009

I had a wonderful four week stay at La Vida Dulce (LVD) in March of '09. LVD’s location is very convenient. It’s 1-1/2 blocks from the ferry, 1-1/2 blocks from the beach and less than a block from some of the best restaurants on the island. The front portion of the building had recently been completely remodeled into two new apartments (casita’s). I stayed in the smaller of the two closest to the road - suite #1. This casita had a front living area that included a couch, chair and bar stools around a small kitchenette. At the rear of the unit was nice size bedroom with a queen size bed (pillow top mattress) and plenty of closet/dresser space. Off of the bedroom was a separate ¾ bath with fantastic water pressure and hot water in the shower. All the furnishings, fixtures and appliances in the casita were in new condition. Even though I was close to the road, traffic noise was not an issue. Much to my surprise, the room was tight and quiet. There is a door that can close off the living area from the bedroom and both areas contain separate (ductless) remote control air conditioning units - nice on those hot muggy days! Above both units is roof top patio that is available to guests for reading or sun bathing. I found myself using it often, especially early mornings for reading with a cup of Jo. Some other amenities I enjoyed were found in an outside (common) hallway between the two units, they included a phone (with free calls to the US), free drinking water and an extensive library of collected/donated books. For me the casita’s had more the feel of a B&B as the owner/operators (Steve & Jeri) live in the rear of the building and were always available for questions or issues (like needing an extra towel or key).

I’ve been visiting the island of Isla Mujeres annually for twenty years and have stayed at numerous locations over that time. La Vida Dulce is now my favorite. When it comes to price, value, and the amenities it offers, it can’t be beat for a downtown location. Highly recommended!

• Stayed March 2009, travelled solo
1 Thank BillieBobb
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2009

The room accomadated four of us very well Great beds,1.5 baths,large shower ,pizzaoven,micro,fridge.The hospatality was outstanding anything you need they were there to help.The beaches, retaraunts,bars,fishingdocks,shopping within blocks.Took golfcart tour of island went to garrafon park for the day eat and drink swim, snorkel all day for one price.It made for an awesome family christmas vacation.Went barracuda fishing caught a 22lbs&15lbs had it cooked at Sergios it was awesome cant wait to go back!!!!!

• Stayed December 2008, travelled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2009

Our trip included me, my husband and 5 year old son. We stayed in suite #2. These guys have thought of everything when in comes to extras. Real pillows, high thread count sheets, real mattresses, etc. The best thing about our suite was the layout. There's a 1/2 bath off the kitchen/dining room area. Then offf the master you have a shower and a separate bathroom with toilet and long counter with 2 sinks. It makes getting the family ready at the same time very easy. The location is walkable to everything. The price is a steal. The hosts are knowlegeable about the island and alot of fun too.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled with family