Na Balam Beach Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Cabanas Maria Del Mar(Isla Mujeres)
Good 3.5/5
  • Breakfast included
Mia Reef Isla Mujeres(Isla Mujeres)
Hotel Secreto(Isla Mujeres)
Great 4.5/5
Ixchel Beach Hotel(Isla Mujeres)
Playa Arena(Isla Mujeres)
Great 4.5/5
Hotel Las Palmas(Isla Mujeres)
  • Pool
Nautibeach Condos(Isla Mujeres)
Great 4.5/5
Hotel Plaza Almendros(Isla Mujeres)
  • Pool
Privilege Aluxes(Isla Mujeres)
  • Breakfast included
Los Arcos Suites(Isla Mujeres)
Very Good 4/5
All reviewsbeach sideplunge poolplaya norteyoga retreatbeach bedsbeautiful beachbeachfront roompalm treesbest beach on the islandlaid backbeach locationhot waterhotel restaurantwhite sandlobby areaan umbrellaocean front
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 June 2014

My husband and I stayed 4 nights at Na Balam at the end of a 10 day trip to Mexico. It was our least favourite of the 4 hotels we stayed in on our trip. The reception area is lovely and the location at the quieter end of the beach is ideal however we found the staff to be very unfriendly. The free breakfast was small and they took forever to serve us despite the fact it was low season and there were more waiters in the restaurant than guests at any one point in time. There was some building work going on while we were there so we had to listen to drills and hammers over breakfast instead of listening to the nearby waves. The staff warned us when we checked in to make sure to put all valuables in the safe however the safe turned out to be ridiculously small so we had to carry our camera, lens, ipad etc. around everywhere with us instead. The room itself was very spacious with lots of storage but also very boring - no pictures or decoration anywhere, and there were quite a few ants crawling around. I wouldn't stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank LornaP103
Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

Located on the best stretch of beach on the island! Only part that is sort of private which is a bonus as the public areas get packed! staff very helpful with setting u up with beach umbrellas etc. easy walking distance to town and can rent a golf buggy from the hotel!
Overall think is a little overpriced as the rooms are quite basic. But they have air con and are clean!!!! We stayed by the pool rather than on the beach as they were much more pricey but they did look lush!
Staff are friendly, maybe a bit slow off the mark but we didn't have any major complaints! We met lots of people that had been coming back for years and loved it! I would recommend it but try and get a discount deal online as it is a little overpriced!

• Stayed: May 2014
5  Thank Erimcn
Reviewed 30 May 2014

i was booked 5 nights to stay at this hotel is Isla Mujeres. we arrived my girlfriend and i with our service animal because she is mentally handicapped, and after they told us it would be okay we booked our hotel, we paid for the stay and than we checked in and 5 minutes after our check in we were told to leave. We asked if we could stay the night because it was late we didn't know where to go but they told us 5 minutes stood in our doorstep as we packed and tried to find another hotel. the staff lied to us and was very unfriendly and rude, they told us no refund because this was Mexico and they could do whatever they want and to sue them if i wanted. I had to cancel my credit card and deal with it that way. Very disheartening they told us we could bring our service dog with us JUST to get our money than kick us out after being on the property for 5 minutes. The place did look nice our room was nice but the fact that there staff was so un true and rude to us i would NEVER recommend this to anyone ever who values even a decent staff or customer service for their guests.

Room Tip: Don't wast money to be treated like this.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
10  Thank CCohen25
Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

Life slows down a bit down there just enough to realize what's important.
Perfect getaway from the rat race!!
Allowed me to disconnect from my job and technology and concentrate on my family and children.
Great food!! Great beach!! No TVs!!
Just relaxing!!

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Trophysnatcher
Reviewed 22 May 2014

I had my wedding at Na Balam on 4/26/14, and could not have been happier with the hotel, the staff, and the overall experience! Received the recommendation from friends of friends, and was skeptical based on some of the reviews, so we decided to check it out for ourselves last fall. After having spent less than 24 hours there, we booked the hotel for the wedding. I still had anxiety about it during the planning process, but once we arrived for the wedding, I could not have been happier with our choice. Our wedding group booked 24 of the rooms at the hotel. The staff was incredibly helpful and friendly. They made sure everyone was well taken care of, and on the day of the wedding, I was blown away by how attentive the staff was. The maintainence staff was there at 6am the morning of preparing the property for our big day, and it looked gorgeous. The beach is by far the best on the island, and a lot more private than places further south on the beach. The restaurant food is amazing, and environment is very relaxed. It's the perfect spot if you're looking to discount, have some delicious margs on a white sand beach. It's also a quick walk to town, which is an added benefit compared to some hotels on the south part of the island. Overall, amazing experience and my expectations were far exceeded! Highly recommend for a destination wedding location.

Room Tip: Choose the beach front rooms. The pool rooms are fine, but the ocean front is much nicer!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends