“Paradise”

Ranked #11 of 37 Hotels in Isla Mujeres
London, United Kingdom
“Paradise”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

i have stayed here many times and love it. The restaurant gets better every year and the staff are friendly and helpful. If you like tranquility (most of the time) tropical surroundings along with probably the best beach there is (certainly on Isla Mujeres) you will love it.

Room Tip: The best rooms are on the beach, the rest are rustic but all are spacious and provide what you need.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Sally B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (208)
  • Hebrew first
Parrita, Costa Rica
Reviewed 27 July 2014

My husband and I visit Isla multiple times a year. We came down this June for our wedding and decided to book a room at Na Balam for the night of our wedding. We paid over $400 USD for our room and it was a disaster! They first promised us early check in so that I could get ready there with my wedding party, and it took them an extra 4 hours before we could get in. The the AC was not working, and was only in one room of the suite. We had no towels, and no toiletries, no wifi. We asked the front desk for a fan while we got ready & we were told no. A friend on the island then had to make a call to get someone else to give us one. Then the night of our wedding my husband and I went to fill up the jacuzzi tub that was on the terrace and I got shocked. Then we turned on a light on our phone to see what happened, and the switch was broken and just open wires. Then my husband figured out how to flip the tiny switch without getting electrocuted, and two of the jets were busted in the tub. So it was making the loudest noise and spraying and shooting water everywhere, so we just got out. In the middle of that night, we woke up wet, bc the AC was spitting out water...and the room was still warm. We went to the front desk to talk to them about getting a efund because the room was seriously a joke. They could not have cared any less. They
Literally just said No, there's nothing they can do. It was honestly a laughable experience. We know a lot of people on the island, and we will never tell anyone to stay at this hotel.

10 Thank Jana M

Travellers are raving about these Isla Mujeres hotels

Morgantown, West Virginia
Reviewed 23 July 2014

I didn't stay here, but I walked by everyday on the way to and from town. I couldn't miss the fact that they had a spa and were offering massages on the beach. Finally, toward the end of the week, I checked it out and I am so glad I did! For less than $60 I had a 75 minute massage in a beautiful cabana by the ocean. The only thing I would change is I would have gone for the 90 minute one.

If you are using pesos, double check your math. For the first time on my trip, I actually found that using cash gave me a bit if a price break. That was unusual.

If you stay here, or if you stay at Mia Reef, don't miss a massage with Julio, here at Na Balam!

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Spent 8 days here for our anniversary and everything was better than expected. Service and assistance was always spot on, our room was very clean, balcony and ocean view was fantastic. Food quality and service along with the views from the dining area every day provided the finishing touches to an absolutely great getaway for my wife and I. Very quiet and reserved, and when we wanted to explore this was a perfect place to start from. After a busy day in town (which is a short walk away) or at Punta Sur, Na Balam was the perfect retreat to get away from it all. The beach is outstanding, and you could actually snorkel right off the beach if you wanted. Planning on our next visit already for later this fall. We plan on returning to Isla Mujeres often, and Na Balam will always be our choice.

Room Tip: All room types had their advantages and were nice, but the deluxe ocean view on the beach is definit...
1 Thank krabob15
Dillon, Colorado
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Stayed for our 10th anniversary. Great location. A few blocks to town but on the best beach on the island hands down! We drove around the island & explored & decided we had the best place overall. You can walk 50+ feet out into the water & still only be at your knees. Something good to know is that the poolside rooms/pool is across a very small street as the property is split that way, but you do still feel it’s all one. But if you want to be close to the beach be sure & get the ocean view (not really ocean “view” as they sit back aways- but still nice) and if you want to hang more at the pool, get a pool-side, otherwise you’ll be walking across the street everyday. The staff is very attentive, setting up beach umbrellas for you, bringing your food/drinks to the beach, but they also let you “be.” If you like super quiet, be sure to ask for a room as far away from the Pheonix lounge as possible. Live bands on the weekends. We would definitely go back.

Room Tip: Like mentioned above, ask for rooms away from the Pheonix lounge...unless you plan on staying out la...
1 Thank ShannonJakoby
Dun Laoghaire, Ireland
Reviewed 16 July 2014

My husband spent a long weekend at the Na Balam and thorougly enjoyed it. Although the value for money regarding the room is a bit desputable, the nearly private beach and the beach bar where you could take your breakfast looking out to the sea were amazing. Also very conveniently located to the village. Would definitely go there again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank EvaDum
Krakow, Poland
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Me and my husband have stayed at Na Balam hotel for 3 nights. We had a terrible experience with rude, unprofessional staff which generally didn't care about anything! The place itself is nice but to have a nice stay you need to have nice and polite staff around you and nice atmosphere.
There's none of this in this place. We are very disappointed because it was our honeymoon! What a pity!

3 Thank NataliaSmaczny