“Great Location, Nice Pool Area average comfort”

Hotel Posada Del Mar
Playa Del Carmen- Mexico
“Great Location, Nice Pool Area average comfort”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

If you are looking for a great location this hotel defiantly would be great 5 star. However the rest of the hotel has some big room for improvements. The front desk staff was friendly and we had not problem with getting the two rooms next to each other. Internet is available at the lobby area only and it gets busy there. The rooms do not offer a lot of luxury and need some maintenance, The Shower head did not function correct, the refrigerator did not work and TV reception was bad as well.
Since we used this Hotel to sleep only it was ok for the price and location. The Pool area is also nice and great for Family to use. Restaurants and Bars are close by and we had Dinner and Breakfast At Jax which has a great upper floor terrace with nice views, good food and reasonable prices.

Room Tip: opt for the rooms in the newer section for Good Views. Try to get 3 floor location even there are no...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Bjoern K

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
  • Hebrew first
Dfw
Reviewed 30 July 2014

I booked this hotel for the location and budget. Just a few items I noticed. PRINT your confirmations, I printed mine and the front desk had no problem finding & kept it but while in the lobby (only place you can get wifi) I noticed several different people both spanish & english speaking that had problems with their reservations. WIFI is only available in lobby & it's very hot as there is no AC in the lobby. Also, I had to return to the front desk as the room safe requires a deposit ($100) for the key. Once in the room I noticed there was no alarm clock, hand towels or wash cloths. However, the AC worked great! No problems at all with cooling the room, the 'frig was another story. The refrigerator kept my water cool but it wasn't cold enough for beer. I agree with the other reviews that the bar was overpriced. But liked the idea that the bar waited on the pool area, which was always busy. I know vacationing in Mexico shouldn't include watching t.v. but as I was in the hotel early most nights I was disappointed that there were no clear channels to watch. The hotel is advertised as a beach club and they do offer service at the beach but they are only able to provide a table & chairs (card table) no beach chairs.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank futbolchic
United States
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Hotel is safe,clean and nice price. Great pool. Nice beds. Awesome location. We never ate the restaurant due to they seemed to always be closed at 4pm when we tried. Bar is way to expensive and the bartenders are a little rude. Friendly front desk staff. They don't exchange money.Maids are great,always fresh sheets and towels. The thing that ruined this stay for me was that the bathroom has a half wall exposing the shower to bed area. if someone's in the bed area they can see you showering. The shower leaked all over the bedroom soaking the beds. The water squirts over the wall but barley on you. I would stay here again because of the location but I would bring a shower head with me. Use Omar in the hut out front to set up activities and rent golf cart. Great prices, very honest and helpful. Benita the maid is awesome we always had a nice animal made out of towels on our bed.We were in the new section of the hotel.

Room Tip: Pay the upgrade for the newer section. Front desk has towels until 5pm.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank webster p
Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed 20 July 2014

This hotel is in a great location close to ferry across street from beach many restaurants close. The problem is maintenance. The pool was not cleaned so water was very dirty. The rooms smelled like mold. We were there with a group of 20 divers everyone was unhappy with conditions of rooms. Our toilet seat was completely off and ask twice before someone came to fix it. Room service dishes sat in hall for days along with dirty sheet and bags of trash overnight. Will not even think of a return visit

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank nomad55_8

Travellers are raving about these Isla Mujeres hotels

La Crosse, Wisconsin
Reviewed 13 July 2014

This was our fifth trip to Isla, but the first time we have stayed at Posada. Are there better hotels for the price? A couple, but none with this view, location, on site bar and pool. We booked through Posada's American rep in Florida and has Zero problems getting the rooms we requested in the buildings we requested. We did have to pay in advance with him, via check, so that might turn some folks off.
The rooms were not super clean or in great repair, but in the price range, they were average. Comparable to other places I have stayed.
Service was pretty good. We did have a couple hotel-wide power outages (not normal), but they were addressed quickly. Hot water was a bit sketchy sometimes too, but hat has happened everywhere I have stayed.
Really liked to on-site bar and pool. Romy and our family had a couple of good nights.
Bottom line.... would I stay there again? Yes, but they would not be my first choice.

Room Tip: The mini suites were pretty nice. We were in the 'new construction', which was average.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Elvis M
South Elgin
Reviewed 13 July 2014

I arrived after a very short walk from the ferry about 4pm. My desk host was nice, spoke some English, (I speak no Spanish) and had my info ready for check in. My room was 323 and upon arrival I asked to view room, which they showed me and was clean, with two large beds. The fridge is off, took some time to cool down but did stay cool enough to hold drinks. There is no microwave, or coffee makers. Once I settled in, I took a shower, which leaks onto the floor, shower head is yucky, and getting extra towels is hard. The light in the bathroom did not work and they could not get working. TV had five stations in English and AC worked just fine. Pool was very warm but overall taken care of. The bar was horrible! The old small bar guy was rude, and mean to most. Walk down the street to a more welcoming bar as there is so many. The hotel is not designed for pampering services and they do not exchange money on site. You will have to walk to the bank for the exchange. If asked, YES I would stay here again if priced the same. So worth the money, and the location is the best! If I was to recommend a few things: tip hotel cleaning lady daily, trust Omar in the hut out front, and eat away from ocean front locations as it's so much cheaper. Walk out the front street area, turn right and walk to end of street, then turn right and walk up to all street food vendors. Dollar tacos, and more. I mostly enjoyed Omar at the little hut in front of the hotel. His business is not part of the hotel but he provided several activities including golf cart rental, snorkeling, whale shark swimming and sent us to the islands zip lining park. His deals are the best!!

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Webster362
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Made the reservation through Orbitz, which I almost never do, but they didn't have service through their website. They couldn't find it. When they did, they put us in the worst hotel room I have been seen in my life; seriously. It was filthy. I asked to pay extra and get upgraded and was told they were full. Not even remotely true in June. My husband went up and asked again and was told yes. The new room was the same set up, but at least the walls weren't literally covered in mold. I know it's the tropics, but there were a large number of ants in the room. There was only wifi in the lobby. The front desk people were not helpful and at times rude, and I pride myself on being a good American traveler...I am polite, I speak Spanish (poorly, but still), it was the worst service and hotel in the 6 times I have been to Mexico. The pool turned completely green with algae on our 2nd day, so we couldn't take a quick dip to cool off. If given other comparable options, I would choose something else if I were you.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family