Cabanas Maria Del Mar
US$627
US$608
Hotels.com
Na Balam Beach Hotel(Isla Mujeres)
US$312
US$254
  • Pool
Privilege Aluxes(Isla Mujeres)
US$296
US$236
Official Hotel
  • Breakfast included
Ixchel Beach Hotel(Isla Mujeres)(Great Value!)
US$428
US$262
Official Hotel
Hotel Bucaneros Hotel & Suites(Isla Mujeres)(Great Value!)
US$96
US$73
  • Breakfast included
Isla Mujeres Palace(Isla Mujeres)
US$570
US$497
Hotel Bahia Chac Chi(Isla Mujeres)(Great Value!)
US$103
US$100
Nautibeach Condos(Isla Mujeres)
US$286
US$167
Hotel Rocamar(Isla Mujeres)(Great Value!)
US$128
US$93
Hotel D'Gomar(Isla Mujeres)
US$57
US$55
  • Free Internet
All reviewscastle sectioncabana roomjuice and coffeetower roommexican hotelincluded breakfastbeach barbeautiful beachsmall poolhot waterbest beach on the islandthe main hotelpalm treesceiling fangolf cartworked greatthird floor
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Cabañas Maria Del Mar is exactly what my husband and I were looking for , a simple inexpensive hotel to lay our head at night while we ran around the Isla during the day. The hotel desk was friendly and helpful. We got room #1 in the Castle section. Very bare minimum room. I was concerned being close to the bar that it would be loud at night, but not a peep. It was very nice because being in that room I could use the internet in the room without having t go to the restaurant. The bed was hard as is typical for Mexico, the room did smell of cigarettes also. But all in all the location and room was great for the price and we would stay there again in a heartbeat !

Room Tip: Castle Room #1 got great internet without having to go to the bar.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TXGal123
Reviewed 18 July 2014

The best thing I have to say about this place is that the a.c. worked great. Going to Mexico in July is challenging. Yes, the room was clean except that I had to get used to sharing my room with ants...and I had to pay the whole thing! Actually the house keeping was very good.

But when I first arrived I had to wait a long time to check in. It was so hot and stuffy in there. The internet is at the restaurant at the end of the street and does not work well. The staff at the restaurant were not particularly helpful or friendly.

The place is near the beach and the beach is beautiful and crowded. You can rent lounge chairs and umbrellas for $10/day.

As previously stated, the breakfast isn't much; coffee, sugar juice and white toast.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank tettyg
Reviewed 17 July 2014

We were in a room off the pool. It was fine. Clean. Comfortable. The kids loved the pool and being so close to the beach. We'd swim at the beach, walk back, splash the sand off our feet in the little cement boxes with water and jump in the pool for a while.
Sure the breakfast wasn't much but the restaurant has a great location and you could buy more food. The hotel was located a few blocks from town and there were great restaurants enough for every taste and style. They had golf carts to rent right there and we did that too.
We wandered the streets at night as we are late eaters and never felt threatened or afraid.
The only down side was mosquitos in the room at night. A local man told us 10 draft you into the room each time you open the door. Hey, we're in the tropics! We got bug spray and slept great.

Room Tip: Around the pool the rooms seemed fine.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

Very clean with an ocean view, balcony where you could sit down and have a nice drink or morning coffee. The included Breakfast consisted of two toasts and coffee/tea, so very poor but that didn't matter when the view from the restaurant was the amazing Playa Norte! There was a funky smell in the toilet, that was the only con.

Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank Mandanis
Reviewed 13 July 2014

My husband and I were in the Riviera Maya for 15 days, the last 4 days of our vacation we planned on staying in Islas Mujeres to relax a bit after our wedding in Playa del Carmen. I read multiple reviews for different hotels in Islas and Cabanas Maria Del Mar stood out because of the many positive reviews.
Check-in was easy, the young lady at the desk was very nice.
Room 1 (Castle Section room):
She walked us to our room, which was located across the small street next to a restaurant/bar. We walked into the building and the first thing we notice is the terrible smell of humidity and mold. The room given to us happens to be right next to the restaurant, which is noisy... the smell is horrible, it gave me a headache almost immediately. Besides the smell the room is warn and not comfortable at all... I booked this room because the website says these rooms are newly remodeled! I was not happy so we asked if we could have another room, the young lady did not hesitate and checked what she had available.
Room 2 (Tower Section room):
We looked at this room before we changed it and was a little better than the other. It didn't feel as humid, but it still smelled moldy. I didn't want to continue complaining so we just went out to eat. When we came back I showered, the showers are extremely small and have no curtains so everything around gets wet! The sink, the toilet, and the floor, everything!!!
I had enough!!
I was not happy with this hotel because I was extremely uncomfortable, it felt worse than staying at a Motel 6 at the side of a dirt road. I told my husband I wanted to leave and asked what the penalty would be for canceling, they would charge me 2 nights and refund the other 2 nights. I cancelled and booked a hotel in Cancun for the very next day. I felt better...
ANTS!!!!
Before we could leave to Cancun we still had to stay the night at this hotel, and we had unwelcome visitors: red ants!!!!!!!! my husband tried killing as many as he could, but finally went to the front desk to let them know. After spraying an entire can of Raid, the girl offered to change our room yet again. Here we go....
Room 3 (2 doors down):
An exact replica of the other, same smell and all. We survived the night, packed and had to wait until 10am for the lady who does the refunds on the credit cards.
Check Out:
We asked if they could lower the cancellation fee because of all the issues we had, they said no and proceeded to refund my card for two nights only. In the end they let us know the refund would not go through until 30 days! I said okay, waived the first taxi and went off to Cancun!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple