“Nice View,Nice people,Great service, Nice Hotel ,Good Value” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Zoetry Villa Rolandi Isla Mujeres Cancun

Zoetry Villa Rolandi Isla Mujeres Cancun
Ranked #2 of 38 Hotels in Isla Mujeres
Darien,Connecticut
“Nice View,Nice people,Great service, Nice Hotel ,Good Value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2013

We have been @ the Villa Rolandi 4 times this year alone but our best experience was over the Mayan Celebration, Christmas, New Year's Holiday. The Hotel was @ 100% but it felt like our own private hide a way. Sure the pool area was full with some people playing the towel game, but that was their problem, we always seemed to find our own private area to relax & enjoy the sun and cool breezes. The service @ the pool was terrfic, we never wanted for anything, thank you Juan & Juarez. Our drinks were never empty. The dinners for the holidays were unbelieveable. 4 & 5 courses of the most fabulous food , wish I could have taken the goat cheese dish home. Each & everyone of the waiters is a joy & makes you feel as if you are dining in your own home. The Cozy bar is great place to start & finish your evening. Rooms are super clean & the laundry service is quick & efficent. Love to take stuff home clean, no worries! We always stay on the ground floor as I am an early riser, & like to go to the restaurant before it opens, the staff always has a pot of coffee ready for me to enjoy on the terrace before breakfast. Without question the BEST hotel in the area & we have been traveling to the Yuctan for the last 30 years. Have already booked for Feb/March.

4 Thank tschbel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (200)
  • Hebrew first
Melbourne, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2013

My husband and I stayed at villa Rolandi on our honeymoon and we were extremely disappointed. The rooms are very expensive but are very dated. It has not been maintained well and we felt let down with the rooms we were in. There were never enough seats around the pool, which we could never understand because the staff told us they were at capacity yet only had 10 chairs around the pool.
The food is very expensive, a single coffee is $6 alone. It is quite far from the town so it eats a lot out of your day if you want to eat elsewhere.
The gym is old and run down. There were dirty towels left all over the floor.

This hotel is overpriced and you do not get value for money!

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
7 Thank 3RJ3
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2013

My husband and I celebrated our 2nd Wedding Anniversary at Villa Rolandi and we loved it. To keep it simple and help you plan your trip this is my list of pros and cons:

Pros:
- Excellent room. Hot tub in the balcony with amazing Cancun View. Steam room shower.
- We got a deal through Expedia that included breakfast and it was AMAZING. 3 course breakfast everyday. Wait for deals though, we paid 75% less for our room because we traveled the week before Thanksgiving.
- Paid $45 for a PRIVATE snorkeling trip. Our guide Jose was amazing and we spent over 2 hours at various locations where we saw barracuda, squid, octopus, and amazing fish. I felt bad for the big groups of people as my guide held my hand and showed me one on one the amazing beauties since I can barely swim. Worth every penny and more.
- Staff was very friendly. Bartender at the bar was great and recommended some great local dinner restaurants.
- You feel quite exclusive as they pick you up on a private boat to take you to the resort.
- Pools were great.
- Great for couples, very romantic, "homey" and more ethnic unlike Cancun that feels like Las Vegas.

CONS:
- The beach is small and you have very little room to swim without hitting the reef or seaweed.
We went to Playa Norte instead and it was beautiful.
- Dinner can get quite pricey. We went to the local restaurants instead.
- The gym is VERY outdated. I worked out out but felt like I was stepping back to the 90s.
- If you do not like to ride bike traveling to downtown can get expensive. Bikes were $18 for the day while the gold carts ran about $60. There are cabs available though.

My husband and I would definitely go again. If you plan your trip right, you can have an amazing time. It surpassed both of our expectations.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank mystyk78
Antwerp, Belgium
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2013

Our overal experience was excellent, from the pickup with the hotel's own catamaran in Cancun, the smoothly check-in after a long flight from Europe, the discovery of the spacious suite, the cute little beach, the view of the Caribean sea, the beautiful grouds and pools, the delicious restaurant but mostly the friendliness of the staff. There is not much to see on the island, but Villa Rolandi is a real little gem in the middle of the Caribbean Sea.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank R0naldB
Scottsdale, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2013

We stayed a Villa Rolandi last year and decided to stay on North beach this year. Don't make this mistake. We moved as soon as a room came open and it was like a vacation from our vacation. This place is amazing whether you are in Mexico or U.S. Every room is a suite with a hot tub on your balcony. With the comparison of the hotels, will not go back unless I can stay there.

3 Thank James T
chicago
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2012

Having previously visited Villa Rolandi for a meal on the terrace, I was so excited to book a quick get-away with my sister just prior to Christmas. The public grounds of the hotel, the overall amenities and staff were wonderful. The transfer from Cancun via the Cocoon boat, the bed itself and the dual shower-head shower were great. However, I expected a room with a view of the water and instead got one looking at the restaurant roof. Because it was so close to Christmas, staff could not reaccommodate us, and pointed out that many guests book our particular room because of its privacy. Privacy was something we did not needed or wanted :)
My only other complaint other than a few nits about upkeep/maintenance was that there was no in-room coffee/tea maker in the room. I haven't been in a hotel anywhere for longer than I can remember that didn't offer this. The lack of a coffee maker caught me completely off guard.
We also ended up taking a taxi into town to rent golf carts our first evening. Renting through Villa Rolandi required a 24-hour advance notice and the price was considerably higher. The included breakfast was good but not great. I would have preferred a self-serve buffet with yogurt, cold cuts, cereal, etc. rather than table service with a choice of eggs, assorted rolls (no toast/bread), fruit, and coffee/tea. All other options were "extra."
Overall, our experience was nice and I was happy to experience this hotel but am not sure I would return.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank ChicagoJanice
Keller, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 December 2012

Overal the experience was excellent, the room was gorgeous, views beautiful, grounds meticulous. Service was inconsistent with a hotel of this caliber.
1. First day at the beach, I didn't tip after my first round, was planning on tipping when I received my bill but didn't see the waiter again for a long time. We were passed over for the people next to us. I had to call the server over, got another round and tipped $5. He came back more frequently after that.
2. Two separate days I ordered yogurt for my wife via room service. Both times they asked specifically which kind and repeated it back with the order. No yogurt was sent either time.
3. Our 2nd beach day we didn't get down until around 1:30. We literally never saw a waiter for 2 hours. He was tending to the pool guests.
These aren't major issues of course, but they are inconsistent with what I'd expect on a property like this.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Hotel Riu Palace Peninsula
Secrets The Vine Cancun
Dreams Sands Cancun Resort & Spa
Great Parnassus Family Resort

Been to Zoetry Villa Rolandi Isla Mujeres Cancun? Share your experiences!