“Great escape”

Zoetry Villa Rolandi Isla Mujeres Cancun
Ranked #3 of 38 Hotels in Isla Mujeres
Reviewed 2 December 2013

If you a looking for a small Resort with great service, great Italian food and like it very private this is for you!

I stayed about 5 times at this resort, it might be a bit expensive but I love the relaxing atmosphere and the people are just great, pick up by yate is included from Cancun, another plus.

Hope to be back soon.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Travel G
Write a ReviewReviews (1,497)

Reviewed 30 November 2013

We have been to a lot of places and I always say Mexico is my final destination. The hotel was very nice and they will do anything for you. I just felt bad for the restaurant and bar due to the prices being way over priced so they don't make any money. Keep in mind if you have the free breakfast they charge your room bill the tip, so we were also tipping at breakfast. We had dinner the first night there only because we didn't have our golf cart yet. Our bill for dinner was very expensive and the food was ok nothing to brag about. The rest of the week we went into town to eat and the prices were affordable. Get the golf cart down town much cheaper. The pool and beach were also very nice would like to see the chairs on the beach to be a little bit more comfortable. If you go in the water watch out for the crabs, seems like they only bit the men LOL.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank tctt1964
Reviewed 27 November 2013

I simply cannot understand one good review of this island or this resort. How can people continue returning time and again? Average rooms, over priced, poor food, limited choices. There is nothing to do here. We had to call service for AC several times. They insisted on emptying and cleaning jacuzzi while we were in the room...must I go on? We chose this resort based on previous reviews. Our mistake. Never again!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Lbaez2009
Reviewed 17 November 2013

We stayed at Rollandi during our honeymoon. We came from Cancun so I asked for the yacht transport. We really loved to not have to worry about transport or taking the ferry and instead getting dropped off right in front of the hotel!

The room was a little dated but we had everything we need, and the jacuzzi on the balcony was probably our favourite part! We loved to have breakfast on our balcony in the morning and judging by how empty the restaurant was in the morning most of the guests do.

The restaurant is the best part of the hotel and in my opinion the best on the island! The staff are very friendly and helpful, not just in the restaurant but all around.
We stayed in October so we had a few rainy days and decided to visit the spa one day and glad we did. The spa is small but intimate and very accommodating to couples and we felt very relaxed.

We really loved the island and were happy to have stayed here on our visit.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Rudi_Coetzee
Reviewed 10 November 2013

We had a wonderful experience here! The staff was incredible, food delicious! Always a fabulous sunset during dinner. We had a great time renting a golf cart for a day and exploring the island, did it twice. Just a short walk away you can swim with the dolphins and manatees, what a blast that was!

Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Loulag81
Reviewed 6 November 2013

If possible I'd want to give a 3.5 rating and not a 4. I wouldn't say it's "very good" but it was good, and above average. I really wanted to love this place because it has amazing reviews. Here are the pros and cons:

Pros:
Beautiful swimming pool
Tasty pizza and fresh fish
Private beach
Nice hot tub
Extremely clean (minus the cockroach)
Very good service

Cons:
-Our hot tub in our room was broken, and it took a few hours for them to fix it. Annoying.
- HUGE cockroach in the bathroom. GROSS.
- They played terrible music.....like 80's love songs. I wanted something upbeat, something with local flavor! They were playing like Phil Collins and Michael Bolton!
-TINY beach. Could not walk anywhere. Would have preferred a bigger private beach. I've been to much bigger before.
-Extremely overpriced food. Some of the items were pretty good but most were average
-the massage was BAD. The spa was clean and they were friendly but the actual massage was terrible. They also told me one price on the phone but charged me another price

I probably would not go back here, not that it wasn't nice but I would want to try other things.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank NBADancer
Reviewed 30 October 2013

This hotel is adequate with friendly staff and a decent restaurant. The location is out of the way and if you like to explore different restaurants, etc., you will need a car or a cab (we tried to rent a golf cart at the hotel and only once was one available). I purchased a Living Social deal for this hotel, which included round-trip transportation from Cancun to Isla Mujeres. The hotel manager, however, charged us $80 for the return trip to Cancun. Neither the hotel nor Living Social would honor the conditions of the deal, with Living Social simply washing their hands of the issue. I certainly could find a comparable vacation spot within the same price range without these deceptive practices.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
#1 of 38 in Isla Mujeres
Privilege Aluxes
Privilege Aluxes
#4 of 38 in Isla Mujeres

Been to Zoetry Villa Rolandi Isla Mujeres Cancun? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Zoetry Villa Rolandi Isla Mujeres Cancun

Address: Fracc. Laguna Mar SM. 7 Mza. 75 Lotes 15 y 16 | Carretera Sac-Bajo, Isla Mujeres 77400, Mexico (Formerly Hotel Villa Rolandi)
Region: Mexico > Yucatan Peninsula > Quintana Roo > Isla Mujeres
Bar / Lounge Beach Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Restaurant Room Service Spa Suites Swimming Pool
#1 Spa Hotel in Isla Mujeres
#2 Luxury Hotel in Isla Mujeres
#3 On the Beach Hotel in Isla Mujeres
Price Range: £326 - £822 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:4.5 star — Zoetry Villa Rolandi Isla Mujeres Cancun 4.5*
Coveted Isla Mujeres small luxury beach hotel featuring only 35 beautiful ocean view Suites; award-winning cuisine at Casa Rolandi Restaurant; a private beach, world class service & amenities, a 5-star Thalasso Spa & its own 42-ft private luxury Yacht. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Holiday Gems, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Zoetry Villa Rolandi Isla Mujeres Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Rolandi Hotel Isla Mujeres