“Most Relaxing Vacation Ever”

Zoetry Villa Rolandi Isla Mujeres Cancun
Ranked #3 of 37 Hotels in Isla Mujeres
Plano
“Most Relaxing Vacation Ever”
Reviewed 18 August 2008

Villa Rolandi is the most beautiful hotel my husband and I have ever stayed in. The hotel is clean, well maintained, and just lovely. The rooms are clean, well maintained and lovely as well. The resort is relaxing, has great service, great food, is quiet and exactly what a couple needs to rekindle their relationship! Absolutely loved, loved, loved this resort.

• Liked — It's absolutely beautiful
  • Disliked — ---
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled as a couple
2 Thank OliviaRogers

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (217)
  • Hebrew first
Texas
Reviewed 16 August 2008

We are in our early 20's and stayed at the Villa Rolandi for our Honeymoon. This place was amazing! Everyone (meaning the locals) we ran into, both on and off the island, knew it by name because of its majesty and reputation. It is the BEST hotel on the island. The Food, the Service, and the Atmosphere combine to make a most enjoyable experience. It's a great place to get away from the hustle and bustle of Cancun, yet close enough to get into the mix when desired. The only negative thing I have to say is, DON'T go with the hotel recommended scuba instructor. Other than that, be prepared for the experience of a lifetime!

• Liked — Everything
  • Disliked — The Hotel Recommended Scuba Instructor
1 Thank chewey14
elkton,md
Reviewed 21 July 2008

My wife and I stayed 7 nights at the Villa Rolandi in June for our 15th wedding anniversary and it was spectacular! We have stayed all over the Carribean and have never experienced the high level of service as we experienced here.
First of all, we elected to take the airport pick-up/drop-off package which made getting to and from the airport seamless and pleasant. The boat ride to Isla was wonderful and we even saw a large sea turtle on the way. The check-in process was easy and the mimosas were a nice touch.
We stayed in a deluxe suite on the third floor. I would highly recommend going the extra yard for this. The room was incredible and the view unbeatable. The bathroom was luxurious and the double shower was a favorite.
The food at Cafe Rolandi was absolutely terrific. We are foodies and we did have some reservations about eating at one place all week but after the first few night of dining there we didn't want to go anywhere else. The Lobster Ravioli, Tuna Tatake, and Lobster Cocktail were among our favorites. If you like Ceviche then you will not be disappointed. I have never seen such large portions of ceviche in my life, and you can also get the ceviche appetizer as a snack on the beach as well. Again, the wait staff (especially Jesus) did a fantastic job all week.
The beach was small but very clean and the pools were very nice and well maintained.
My wife had I had 2 massages at the Spa and were not dissapointed. They were very professional and quite talented and the spa area was very peaceful and relaxing.
We did rent a golf cart for a day and went around the island. This is a must do and was alot of fun. If you just continuously drove around the island you could probably do it in about an hour and a half so one day of putting around is sufficient. Check out the "Conch Shell House" on the south side of the island, very cool.
If your looking for an easy, relaxing,and very romantic getaway, the Villa Rolandi is definately the place to go to.
My wife and I never vacation the same place twice but we are convinced that we will return here again someday (probably sooner than later).

• Liked — Unbeatable Service, Great room! , A+ Restaurant
  • Disliked — Having to leave
6 Thank orsquiggy
Laramei, WY
Reviewed 3 July 2008

My new wife and I really enjoyed Villa Rolandi. It was more than we could have hoped for in our Honeymoon.
The room was beautiful. It was always nice and cool, a comfort to walk into from the hot days. It was cleaned everyday for us, and there was always turn down service in the evening. The room was beautiful, as other reviews have described. I will let you read the other reviews for a more accurate description of the rooms.
The service was fantastic. I could tell the staff went the extra mile, from calling the tour bus to pick us up in Cancun to giving us directions to attractions on Isla Mujeres and Cancun. They also went out of their way to learn our names and learn where we were from. They also, the last night we stayed there, made a small ice cream cake piece and sang us "Happy Honeymoon" to us as we ate dinner on the beach. I could not compliment them enough.
The food at Casa Rolandi was fantastic. I do not eat seafood, but they still had a nice selection of chicken, pasta, and beef. My wife really enjoyed the fresh seafood which was made into everything from a sample platter to a soup to full meals. The food presentation was great, and it was fun to watch the preparation of the desert at our table. It was great that dinner (or lunch) was almost completely paid for, except drinks and tip. It made eating the wonderful food less painful to the wallet. :)
We also experienced a great snorkeling trip from a local guide named Lorenzo Sosa. I would recommend him to anyone interested in going to Isla Mujeres to snorkel. He ran into us in the main street downtown and offered us a great trip for the next day.
Villa Rolandi is a bit secluded on the island. My wife and I really enjoyed this aspect. It helped keep the pace a bit slower and more relaxed. It was a bit of a hassle to have to take a taxi to downtown everyday when we went there, but it was only about a ten minute ride that cost only about five or six dollars. It was worth the distance for sure. Villa Rolandi is also right next door to Dolphin Discovery, which made that afternoon nice.
I used GoAwayTravel.com to book all this with Jenn Monroe. She was very helpful and answered all my questions about the travel and transfer aspects. I would recommend them to anyone looking to book the hotel, plane, and transfer from the airport to the port where the yacht Cocoon, from the hotel, comes to pick you up.

• Liked — The service of the staff was fantastic.
  • Disliked — Nothing comes to mind.
1 Thank gbruyere
Chicago
Reviewed 12 June 2008

Absolutely fantastic. We arrived and were greeted on the dock by hotel staff, served champagne with freshly sqeezed orange juice and given ice cold towels to cool off and wipe the salt spray off of our faces.
The room was beautifully inviting. Cool Italian marble floors and granite countertops. Soothing music in the room leads one to the breathtaking view of the gulf.
Breakfast in the room was just what we wanted, warm croissants and other sweet rolls and breads. Coffee and orange juice and fresh fruit...
Excellent size of the room and bathroom. Many different lights help to create a romantic/relaxing atmoshpere.
The service and food in the restaurant was always superb.
The hotel staff cannot be surpassed! Very professional and courteous and most of all helpful.
Would absolutely love to return.

• Liked — the whole experience
  • Disliked — did not change the soaps daily
1 Thank MLuz202
Charleston, SC
Reviewed 4 June 2008

Villa Rolandi is a beautiful hotel with impeccable service and great food. The staff go out of their way to remember your name and preferences. As previous reviewer noted, the first couple of mornings I would walk downstairs to get the paper but by the end of the week it was on our breakfast tray. We stayed on the 3rd Floor and loved the views and vaulted ceiling. Please note Villa Rolandi would not rate a 5 star in the States but the service overrides some of the missteps. For instance, there was a maid cart that stayed outside our room every afternooon and evening. It was not a huge issue for us as we also had extra supplies if needed but I did note. Also, we were going to use the hot tub one evening only to find tissue paper floating in the water (ughh).

My wife absolutely loved the yacht ride over to the island as we were the only guests. The pool and beach were very relaxing and provided the best personal service from the staff. There were several topless women (including the wife) on the beach but done very dicretely. Also, There are also a couple of small private coves about fifty yards south not accessible by any roads.

The restaurant was very good. The beef is some of the best I have ever had! One time I ordered the shrimp which was good but next night I went back to the beef.

We loved the downtown/tourist area and went there every day. Sunset on North Beach was incredible. The hotel is in a secluded part of the island and is about a 10 minute taxi ride which became a little cumbersome. There is some shopping areas by locals on the road downtown which are a lot cheaper then the main market area.

In conclusion, Isle Mujeres is beautiful quaint island which we would love to go back. We would stay at Villa Rolandi again but may split it up with a downtown hotel to get the best of both worlds.

• Liked — Service, food and pool
  • Disliked — Isolated
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled as a couple
2 Thank TravelingSC
Charlotte, NC
Reviewed 30 May 2008

Thanks to the service, the ambience, and the attention to detail, our week at Villa Rolandi was straight out of a story book.

Upon arrival at the Cancun Airport, Rolandi's driver was waiting for us with a sign with our name on it (an addt'l fee of $100USD for round trip transport for my husband and I- well worth it). The van was clean and cool. The driver was neat in appearance and friendly but only spoke if we initiated, otherwise, he was happy to just allow us to enjoy our trip.

The driver took us to the port where the Rolandi yacht, the Cocoon was to meet us. The yacht was beautiful and we were the only passengers. Once at the hotel, Mirna greeted us at the dock and we walked a few hundred feet tot he hotel. They greeted us with cool slightly scented cloths for our face and hands and offered us a mimosa. She offered us basic information about the hotel but didn't overload us.

Our room on the 3rd floor was fantastic. The sheets on the bed were luxurious, there was soft lighting throught the room to always create just the right light, the decor, while not what I would have in my house, was stylish and neutral. The sleeping area was a step above the tv and couch which made it seem more spacious. The bathroom had a fabulous shower for two with two sets of head/ handheld body sprayers and additional jets along both sides of the wall the wall.

The food at the restaurant was excellent. I tried shrimp, fish, pasta, and beef and all were wonderful. I was especially surprised at the beef as I have often been disappointed with meat in carribean countries. The only negative comment I have for the restuarant is that the wine prices are pretty high for what you are getting. Many bottles that are very average ($10 retail) here in the states were about $40. It is important to note that while dinner (or lunch) is included, drinks and tip are not. Our first dinner was slightly rushed, we included a tip, and were never close to rushed on subsequent dinners.

The pool and beach were both beautiful. However, do not expect the beach to be large enough for walking. The hotel does such a great job of creating so many comfortable and varied spots for lounging during the day, I never felt cooped up.

Rolandi's greatest success was in the service. Without request, the staff observed our habits and served us accordingly, They saw what we left behind on the breakfast tray and the following day we had something more consistent with our choices. They observed that we came to pick up the paper every morning and began sending it up with our tray. They saw where we had placed bathmats and they placed them accordingly during turndown service. Their servers judged body language, never having to interrupt to ask if we needed something, rather anticipating our needs at the appropriate time. Service was always present but never intrusive.

This will be a wonderful stay for anyone looking for a quiet peaceful getaway. I loved it with my husband but also would have enjoyed it with a few girlfriends or my relatives. For romance or relaxation, you will not be disappointed.

• Liked — the ambience and the service
  • Disliked — that I couldn't stay another week
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled as a couple
Le Blanc Spa Resort
#1 of 175 in Cancun
Dreams Sands Cancun Resort & Spa
Great Parnassus Family Resort

Been to Zoetry Villa Rolandi Isla Mujeres Cancun? Share your experiences!