“Fabulous small hotel, but what’s next?”

Zoetry Villa Rolandi Isla Mujeres Cancun
Ranked #3 of 37 Hotels in Isla Mujeres
Reviewed 12 May 2014

We returned to Villa Rolandi taking advantage of their attractive Romance Getaway Package that was kindly extended to a 7-day stay. It included roundtrip transportation from Cancun airport by taxi and then yacht, American breakfast, 3-course dinner and WiFi and was very reasonably priced ($320/night including tax).
In summary, we were happy all around with the expeditious transfer, beautiful location, peaceful beach with many shady palm trees, plenty of towels and comfortable chairs, friendly and attentive staff throughout and, of course, the fantastic Mediterranean-Swiss food. We particularly enjoyed being able to swim in the gulf every day (not typically possible across the way along the Cancun beaches).
 After returning to the shore one day, I was stung by a sting ray. It was extremely painful and scary, but I was able to get immediate help from the staff and expert treatment by a paramedic on site. I was completely back to normal the next day and back swimming again in the beautiful sea. Although 7 days later aback home I had a few anxious days with a swollen/painful foot which fortunately resolved itself.
 We were so pleased with our stay that we wanted to book our next Spring vacation. We discovered that, unfortunately, Villa Rolandi has been sold to AMResorts and will be converted into a Zoëtry Wellness & Spa Resort. One can only hope that the resort will keep much of its current characteristics. Perhaps an upside to (hopefully) new investment will be an upgrade to the fitness room, which could be described at best as “rudimentary”. Early during our stay the treadmill sounded like an out-of-tune jet engine, the weights fell off of the bars due to lack of tools to secure, the elipticals were from a previous era and the sole fitness ball was as deflated as I was at the overall state of the room.
As mentioned above, we were looking forward to a return trip to Villa Rolandi next year, however, I suspect that with an anticipated more than doubling of prices this may have been our last visit to this gem!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Derzytha

Reviewed 9 May 2014

I arrived today, May 8th of 2014, and am very disappointed. To begin with Delta lost my bags... NOT a knock on Villa Rolandi until they said they would call and check on my bags. All good. At 8:30PM I went down to check and Miguel told me my bag had missed the last ferry and should be here tomorrow. Fine, not Rolandi's fault except the bag was sitting there. They brought the bag up. OK. WE chose this place because of ratings on most sites. Had a good dinner but no Ac. Whirlpool on balcony overlooking ocean does not work. Their man worked on it an hour and told me it was ok "in two hours". We turned the heat on before we went down to dinner....? COME ON MAN! Settled for a steam shower except it doesn't work and neither does have the lights or ceiling fan. Now flea bites.... WTHell is going on?? I demanded another room. NOT AVAILABLE. If I can find something I'm off this rock in the morning. Don't trust TripAdvisor ratings or Travelocity. And I need not forget, balcony door won't lock. Feeling safe in Mexico, huh?

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Glee1001
Reviewed 7 May 2014

My daughter and I shared a lovely relaxing time 4/16-4/22 at the Villa Rolandi.

It is still as wonderful as two years ago, with wonderful, caring service; great food and comfortable rooms. (Ours on the third floor had a stellar view)

BTW: We were there when an American couple had a lovely wedding on the beach, with beautiful flowers, and what seemed to be very professional planning. So take review from Joe with a pinch of salt. It looked like their family and friends were having a great time.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank mslizSanFrancisco_CA
Reviewed 5 May 2014

We locked down a date and rate for this hotel then suddenly lost all communication. Many attempts to contact the person in charge for the wedding planning failed. Phone calls and emails have yet to be returned. We are now looking into other venues but this hotel really put in between a rock and hard spot as we sent out some invitations already.

The 1 times we reached communication with Cynthia, it was very hard to understand her. I had to continually ask her to repeat things and still didn't quite understand everything she said. We are really disappointed with the lack of professionalism and customer service.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Joe P
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Worth a visit! The sevice ,food, property,get a peak at there rooms.if you are driving by,have a beer by there pool,it comes in a small champagne bucket! 5 star all the way:-) walk to the pier and look at this beautiful matained property:-)take your camera

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 May 2014

We were here March 23-28, 2014 for our 10 year anniversary! This was our first visit to Isla Mujeres and Villa Rolandi and it will NOT be our last. We were blown away by this hotel! The boat ride over was beautiful and smooth. We were attended to speedily when we arrived and served a lovely mimosa while taken expeditiously to our room. The room was beautiful. We called beforehand and requested a 2nd floor room and so glad we did! The view was outrageous every morning. We were impressed by the grounds of this hotel. The gardener worked the entire time we were there making sure everything was maintained meticulously. It really was a dream! The breakfast every morning by the ocean was so delicious. Granted we tired of eggs every morning but they were really done well. We had breakfast once in our room but we really enjoyed the waterside dining instead. We had dessert delivered once to our room and the restaurant really takes care in their presentation. Drinks and snacks served by the pool were always scrumptious and the wait staff are all so kind. We enjoyed a romantic dinner at Casa Rolandi one night and it was very yummy. We were stuffed but we had the staff pack us a tiramisu for the room - even the presentation in the styrofoam box was pretty! We were able to rent a golf cart from the hotel and explore the island one day and it was well worth it. We went to Playa Norte and Punta Sur and all around the island. It was a highlight! The hotel was great to have a taxi for us each night and we enjoyed eating in El Centro. The shopping, dining and people watching were a blast! This island is foodie central so I really recommend getting out and trying some of the local restaurants as well. There is also the floating island (as seen on tv) that is a close walk from the hotel. We also found a cute coconut stand right next to the hotel and bought 2 fresh coconuts to drink on the beach. So memorable! The boat ride back was very rocky and rough so we were glad to be back on dry land. Overall one of the best trips of my life!!!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Everything that my husband told me about this hotel and the Island of Isla Mujeres were true. We booked through Orbitz and made gound transportation arrangements with Hotel Villa Rolandi directly. I really didn't know what to expect, and left it in the hands of my husband.

We arrived in Cancun on time and our van driver was eagerly waiting for us. He was to take us to the embargadaro dock where the Cacoon was to take us directly to the hotel. Now bear in mind we all know how arival times and things work in Mexico. Villa Rolandi told us the van would be waiting for us at 1:30 pm and the Cacoon would be at the dock at 2:15 pm. Exactly almost to the minute, Villa Rolandi delivered.

We arrived at the Hotel and were greeted by the staff at the dock who took our bags and brought us to the front desk. Our check- in was flawless and the staff was very attentive to every detail. We were brought up to our room and were truly floored when our bellman opened the door. The room was beyond our expectations, and the view was so amazing I couldn't believe my eyes. I had to have my husband pinch me.

I can not say enough about this hotel and staff. We were truly pampered and treated like royalty. We didn't want to leave. The food was amazing and the resturaunt staff knew what they were doing.

I had never been to Isla Mujeres before but my husband has several times. He always told me he would bring me here. It is truly PARADISE. We spent most of our days with no schedule, Just laying around and my husband showing me the Island.

We would return late in the day and have a few drinks by the pool and grab a bitre to eat. It was so quiet at the hotel . we have never felt so relaxed on our vacations as we did at the Villa Rolandi. When it was time to leave to return to civialization we were depressed.

The return trip on the Cacoon and ground transportion were on time just as promised.

We will definitely return to Villa Roalndi and Isla Mujeres... Your staff was awesome and need a pat on the back. Keep up the good work.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
#10 of 177 in Cancun
Le Blanc Spa Resort
Le Blanc Spa Resort
#1 of 177 in Cancun

Been to Zoetry Villa Rolandi Isla Mujeres Cancun? Share your experiences!